The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

The McRib Makes Its Return

Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 30 of 166
Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
The McRib Makes Its Return Tue, 10/27/09 10:32 AM (permalink)
The McRib is coming back to the Columbus area on Nov. 2. Never having had one I do not know if this is a good thing, and I have no intention of attempting to find out first hand.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2009/10/27/rest_1027.ART_ART_10-27-09_A6_HMFG3B1.html?sid=101

EatingTheRoad

• Total Posts: 1205
    Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Tue, 10/27/09 10:51 AM (permalink)
    Come on...as a McRib virgin it'll interesting to have your insight. Try it and review it for us

Michael Hoffman

Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Tue, 10/27/09 10:53 AM (permalink)
      Nope. I never eat products pushed by the Boneless Pig Farmers Association of America, and I don't eat sandwiches that have pickles on them.
      <message edited by Michael Hoffman on Tue, 10/27/09 10:55 AM>

GNeedles59

• Total Posts: 594
        Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Tue, 10/27/09 11:04 AM (permalink)
        You don't like Cuban sammiches?

The McRib was alright, havent had one in my adulthood, don't feel like I am missing anything.

Michael Hoffman

Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Tue, 10/27/09 11:16 AM (permalink)
          GNeedles59

I don't eat any sandwiches that have pickles on them.

AaronM

• Total Posts: 196
            Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Tue, 10/27/09 12:32 PM (permalink)
            I have eaten a McRib. I was drinking heavily at the time and had lost my direction in life.

That was long ago and with God's grace I will never eat a McRib again.   
            <message edited by AaronM on Thu, 10/29/09 12:31 PM>

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4466
              Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Tue, 10/27/09 2:07 PM (permalink)
              If I never see another McRib, it will be too soon.  I am not a fan at all.  But it seems like Ole' McRib just won't die.
              <message edited by joerogo on Tue, 10/27/09 5:28 PM>

MandalayVA

• Total Posts: 367
                Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Tue, 10/27/09 10:34 PM (permalink)
                AaronM

I have eaten a McRib. I was drinking heavily at the and had lost my direction in life.

That was long ago and with God's grace I will never eat a McRib again.   

The McRib, along with White Castle hamburgers and Little Caesar's pizza, is a food never meant to be consumed sober.

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2375
                  Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Tue, 10/27/09 10:39 PM (permalink)
                  Michael Hoffman

The McRib is coming back to the Columbus area on Nov. 2. Never having had one I do not know if this is a good thing, and I have no intention of attempting to find out first hand.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2009/10/27/rest_1027.ART_ART_10-27-09_A6_HMFG3B1.html?sid=101

MH,

Thanks for this very useful post & thread.

jrp

rainyday6

• Total Posts: 98
                    Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 12:54 AM (permalink)
                    Awww...it's part of being an American.  You hear it's coming back, you joke about how gross they are.  Then you start glancing at the front windows as you drive by, just in case..  Then you see the TV ad in your area.  Then you drive by a couple more times and finally do a U-turn go order one and hide in your car to eat it and then swear never again until the next time.

Plus, you can take the pickles off.  

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1597
                      Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 7:58 AM (permalink)
                      joerogo

But it seems like Ole' McRib just won't die.

That got me thinking that this thread should be incorporated into another current discussion...
                      http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Horror-m548601.aspx

Tony Bad

Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 8:35 AM (permalink)
                        joerogo

If I never see another McRib, it will be too soon.  I am not a fan at all.  But it seems like Ole' McRib just won't die.

I don't know Joe...I have heard rumors that say otherwise. That you are a closet McRib aficionado and that your alleged "work related" travels are just a cover for your McRib seeking activities. Do you deny this? 

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                          Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 10:31 AM (permalink)
                          Tony Bad

joerogo

I don't know Joe...I have heard rumors that say otherwise. That you are a closet McRib aficionado and that your alleged "work related" travels are just a cover for your McRib seeking activities. Do you deny this? 

nicely done, Perry
                          love, Della

Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
                            • Roadfood Insider
                            Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 10:41 AM (permalink)
                            Anyone here think they have too much time on their hands?  How about this guy- I present to you,  THE McRIB LOCATOR!

WarToad

• Total Posts: 1791
                              Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 11:15 AM (permalink)
                              I would have fewer issues with the McRib if were simply called, the McPork.  Throwing "Rib" out there, I have certain expectations of flavor to be achieved.  At which, it fails miserably.  Were it simply the McPork, it passes at that.  Allbeit, a cheap poorly executed one.
                              <message edited by WarToad on Wed, 10/28/09 11:39 AM>

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6100
                                Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 11:22 AM (permalink)
                                WarToad

I wold have fewer issues with the McRib if were simply called, the McPork.  Throwing "Rib" out there, I have certain expectations of flavor to be achieved.  At which, it fails miserably.  Were it simply the McPork, it passes at that.  Allbeit, a cheap poorly executed one.

I think McCrap to be a  more accurate discription!

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
                                  Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 12:27 PM (permalink)

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                                    Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 12:34 PM (permalink)
                                    This is the case of a sandwich that wasn't terrible when it first came out. It was different, so it was popular. Now they roll it out every so often, even though it's become some pressed pork product shaped like ribs.

Personally, I'd rather they bring back the Shamrock Shake each St. Patrick's Day. I haven't seen that in at least 5 years.

Michael Hoffman

Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 1:22 PM (permalink)
                                      JRPfeff

Michael Hoffman

MH,

jrp

The last time I checked this was the Fast Food Franchises & Non-Roadfood Chains Section. I suppose it's possible I might be wrong, but the last time I checked I believe McDOnald's qualified as a fast food restaurant, a franchise operation and as non-roadfood chain.

In any event, you are certainly welcome.

gostillerz

• Total Posts: 218
                                        Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 3:41 PM (permalink)

MH,

jrp

The last time I checked this was the Fast Food Franchises & Non-Roadfood Chains Section. I suppose it's possible I might be wrong, but the last time I checked I believe McDOnald's qualified as a fast food restaurant, a franchise operation and as non-roadfood chain.

In any event, you are certainly welcome.

Cripple Fight!!!!

<message edited by gostillerz on Wed, 10/28/09 3:43 PM>

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
                                          Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 4:59 PM (permalink)
                                          chewingthefat

WarToad

I wold have fewer issues with the McRib if were simply called, the McPork.  Throwing "Rib" out there, I have certain expectations of flavor to be achieved.  At which, it fails miserably.  Were it simply the McPork, it passes at that.  Allbeit, a cheap poorly executed one.

I think McCrap to be a  more accurate discription!

I like to call it McNasty!

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
                                            Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 5:00 PM (permalink)
                                            Michael Hoffman

GNeedles59

I don't eat any sandwiches that have pickles on them.

Ask them to "Hold the Pickles" - whoops wrong restaurant

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7399
                                              • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                              • Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 5:45 PM (permalink)
                                              rainyday6

Awww...it's part of being an American.  You hear it's coming back, you joke about how gross they are.  Then you start glancing at the front windows as you drive by, just in case..  Then you see the TV ad in your area.  Then you drive by a couple more times and finally do a U-turn go order one and hide in your car to eat it and then swear never again until the next time.

I'm not sure who the "you" is that you're referring to, but it certainly isn't "I" as "I" can't remember the last time I walked into a Mc Donalds other than to use their restroom or get a soda.

Michael Hoffman

Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 7:35 PM (permalink)
                                                wanderingjew

rainyday6

I'm not sure who the "you" is that you're referring to, but it certainly isn't "I" as "I" can't remember the last time I walked into a Mc Donalds other than to use their restroom or get a soda.

Ah, you should try the coffee. It's excellent.

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2375
                                                  • Location: Pewaukee, WI & Fuquay-Varina, NC
                                                  Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 8:24 PM (permalink)
                                                  Michael Hoffman

And a bargain if you qualify for the Senior Coffee.

Michael Hoffman

Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 9:08 PM (permalink)
                                                    JRPfeff

Michael Hoffman

And a bargain if you qualify for the Senior Coffee.

Unfortunately, the Seniors coffee is a regular size one. I always get a large to go. Granted, I could get two Seniors for less than the price of one large, but I prefer the convenience of just one cup.

Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
                                                      • Location: Bergen County, NJ
                                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                                      Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 10:19 PM (permalink)
                                                      wanderingjew

I'm with you there, WJ.  I haven't purchased a food item at a McDonalds since the early 90's.  BUT- for a cup of coffee on the run, McDonalds beats any national coffee chain or deli.  It is surprisingly excellent and consistant. 

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                                                        • Location: Rogue Valley
                                                        Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Wed, 10/28/09 10:47 PM (permalink)
                                                        mcrib rules the world

sgtboots

• Total Posts: 32
                                                          • Location: Uniontown, PA
                                                          Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Thu, 10/29/09 5:35 PM (permalink)
                                                          Go ahead, make fun of me.  I love those things.

"McRib, no pickles or onions, please".

badbyron722

• Total Posts: 307
                                                            • Location: Spartanburg, SC
                                                            Re:The McRib Makes Its Return Fri, 10/30/09 9:58 PM (permalink)
                                                            Loved them back in my pot smoking days.Dont think I would even try one now.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 30 of 166

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com