The New York Food Film Festival & Two Mobile Food Truck Events

Author
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2395
2010/04/28 13:19:00 (permalink)

The New York Food Film Festival & Two Mobile Food Truck Events

Greeting fellow Roadfooders!!

A few food events coming up in New York City that I wanted to let you all know about.

http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2010/04/two_more_food_truckapaloozas.html?e=grubstreet--20100427

Check out the link titled "Your field guide to the Gourmet Food Truck Bazaar"  I love the names for the signature eats at the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck such as "The Salty Pimp" and the "Bea Arthur".  Classic!!  Sounds like a lot of great food at both of these events.

And the link for the 2010 NYC Food Film Festival.  I tried to score the free tix for the June 26th Food Truck Drive-In, but they were already gone!  They may add more though.  Hope some of you can make it!

http://www.nycfoodfilmfestival.com/

"Eating is an adventure, enjoy the ride!"- billyboy, 2010

2 Replies Related Threads

Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3778
    Re:The New York Food Film Festival & Two Mobile Food Truck Events 2010/04/29 10:14:44 (permalink)
    I love a good -palooza!  Have fun billyboy!
    improviser
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 865
    Re:The New York Food Film Festival & Two Mobile Food Truck Events 2010/05/01 16:18:08 (permalink)
    The food film festival sounds wonderful - and I was glad to see a film from Stan Woodward in the line-up. His studio is in Greenville, just down the road from me.

This festival sounds like the perfect place to screen Les Blank's "Garlic Is As Good As Ten Mothers," which I've been wanting to see for a long time (Les Blank's films, for the most part, are not on Netflix.) I know at one screening, at a pivotal moment in the film, Les and the theater owners began toasting garlic in the theater, filling the room with that heavenly aroma. Bet the audience was starving after that.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1