The Old Coffee Pot, NOLA

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10358
2012/03/19 03:51:43 (permalink)

The Old Coffee Pot, NOLA

For those of you going to NOLA for The 2012 Roadfood Festival, try the Old Coffee Pot Restaurant, 714 St Peters St in the Quarter for breakfast. They serve lunch & dinner too but the breakfast is where they shine. Forget about Brennans and those other expensive places. This is a "Locals" place. 
The Speciality of the house is Callas Cakes - The recipe dates back to the mid 1800’s. A blend of sweet spices and long grain rice, formed into a ball and deep fried, dusted with powdered sugar, and served with creamy grits and maple syrup.
My personal favorite is Eggs Conti - Two eggs poached in a light wine sauce with green onions and fresh chicken livers, served over their fresh homemade biscuits. Served with grits or home fries.
If you're into Omelets, try the Rockefeller - Fresh creamed spinach, oysters, cheese, and a blend of their own herbs and spices topped with a cream sauce.
I've not tried their Corned Beef Hash so can't vouch for it.
http://www.theoldcoffeepot.com/

1 Reply Related Threads

jmckee
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1193
    Re:The Old Coffee Pot, NOLA 2012/03/19 13:29:38 (permalink)
    I saw a John Folse show where he talked about the Old Coffee Pot and had the chef and a waitress on, making Callas. Looked delicious!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1