The Old Patty Melt

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
Re:The Old Patty Melt 2010/11/14 16:39:17 (permalink)
saps

TJ Jackson

One of the best yet....good job, Chewingthefat, I will definitely order that when/if I ever make it to Emmitsburg

Oh, I get it.  You're being facetious.  Awesome.  Humorous and cutting.  And cunning , too.  Quite the zinger.  You really got them, didn't you?

Thank you Saps, I knew as soon as I read it that this ahh, person, was, for whatever reason, trying to bust b....

joerogo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4524
Re:The Old Patty Melt 2010/11/14 16:47:39 (permalink)
saps

TJ Jackson

One of the best yet....good job, Chewingthefat, I will definitely order that when/if I ever make it to Emmitsburg

Oh, I get it.  You're being facetious.  Awesome.  Humorous and cutting.  And cunning , too.  Quite the zinger.  You really got them, didn't you?

A lesser known fact is about the village idiot, so called because instead of simply expressing valid thoughts and opinions of his own, he chose to focus all his time on unnecessarily deriding the conversations of others for no apparent reason other than his own amusement.  Though he thought himself a great humorist, he was always the only one laughing.  He died friendless.  It's a sad story of a sad and pathetic little man.  
post edited by joerogo - 2010/11/14 16:52:39
saps
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1560
Re:The Old Patty Melt 2010/11/14 16:56:29 (permalink)
chewingthefat

saps

TJ Jackson

Thank you Saps, I knew as soon as I read it that this ahh, person, was, for whatever reason, trying to bust b....

He's not trying to bust your balls.  That's usually more of a friendly thing.  The intent here was to be a d*ck.
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
Re:The Old Patty Melt 2010/11/14 17:00:52 (permalink)
joerogo

saps

TJ Jackson

A lesser known fact is about the village idiot, so called because instead of simply expressing valid thoughts and opinions of his own, he chose to focus all his time on unnecessarily deriding the conversations of others for no apparent reason other than his own amusement.  Though he thought himself a great humorist, he was always the only one laughing.  He died friendless.  It's a sad story of a sad and pathetic little man.  

That is perfect! I love it!!!

ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8323
Re:The Old Patty Melt 2010/11/14 17:29:22 (permalink)
Ok-I may be playing devils advocate here, but I kinda said the same thing when responding to the article about ctf's restaurant- I wished I lived closer to taste his fare. I know I havent been back on line for awhile so maybe I have missed something about that particular poster...
ces1948
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1510
Re:The Old Patty Melt 2010/11/14 18:08:29 (permalink)
I was curious about the origin of the patty melt and found this on chowhound.
Saveur Magazine's Top 100 List for 2001 had as #84
"Best Variation on the Hamburger"
Their write up says it was created by William "Tiny" Naylor sometime in the 40's or 50's at his chain of Southern California coffee shops called Tiny Naylor's (they say he also may be the inventor of pop-up plate servers, refrigerated drawers, and the open kitchen)
They describe it as a hamburger patty covered with melted swiss cheese and a heap of sauteed onions served on grilled rye bread. They have a recipe in the issues as well from his grand-daughter Jennifer Naylor who is chef at Granita in Malibu and serves the patty melt at Sunday brunch.
Curbside Grill
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3916
Re:The Old Patty Melt 2010/11/14 20:49:25 (permalink)
BillyB      need 6 of those delivered to the FARM
Will trade you a 8 lb wheel of Goat Milk Gouda (90 days) for a Visit and 6 of those Sandwich's.
Shhhhh   am doing a Boudin Feast on Wed. with all Goat Cheese's.
post edited by Curbside Grill - 2010/11/14 20:51:13
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1