Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The Old Patty Melt

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 37 of 37
chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6097
Re:The Old Patty Melt Sun, 11/14/10 4:39 PM (permalink)
saps

TJ Jackson

One of the best yet....good job, Chewingthefat, I will definitely order that when/if I ever make it to Emmitsburg

Oh, I get it.  You're being facetious.  Awesome.  Humorous and cutting.  And cunning , too.  Quite the zinger.  You really got them, didn't you?

Thank you Saps, I knew as soon as I read it that this ahh, person, was, for whatever reason, trying to bust b....

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
    Re:The Old Patty Melt Sun, 11/14/10 4:47 PM (permalink)
    saps

TJ Jackson

One of the best yet....good job, Chewingthefat, I will definitely order that when/if I ever make it to Emmitsburg

Oh, I get it.  You're being facetious.  Awesome.  Humorous and cutting.  And cunning , too.  Quite the zinger.  You really got them, didn't you?

A lesser known fact is about the village idiot, so called because instead of simply expressing valid thoughts and opinions of his own, he chose to focus all his time on unnecessarily deriding the conversations of others for no apparent reason other than his own amusement.  Though he thought himself a great humorist, he was always the only one laughing.  He died friendless.  It's a sad story of a sad and pathetic little man.  
    <message edited by joerogo on Sun, 11/14/10 4:52 PM>

saps

• Total Posts: 1551
      Re:The Old Patty Melt Sun, 11/14/10 4:56 PM (permalink)
      chewingthefat

saps

TJ Jackson

Thank you Saps, I knew as soon as I read it that this ahh, person, was, for whatever reason, trying to bust b....

He's not trying to bust your balls.  That's usually more of a friendly thing.  The intent here was to be a d*ck.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6097
        Re:The Old Patty Melt Sun, 11/14/10 5:00 PM (permalink)
        joerogo

saps

TJ Jackson

A lesser known fact is about the village idiot, so called because instead of simply expressing valid thoughts and opinions of his own, he chose to focus all his time on unnecessarily deriding the conversations of others for no apparent reason other than his own amusement.  Though he thought himself a great humorist, he was always the only one laughing.  He died friendless.  It's a sad story of a sad and pathetic little man.  

That is perfect! I love it!!!

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
          Re:The Old Patty Melt Sun, 11/14/10 5:29 PM (permalink)
          Ok-I may be playing devils advocate here, but I kinda said the same thing when responding to the article about ctf's restaurant- I wished I lived closer to taste his fare. I know I havent been back on line for awhile so maybe I have missed something about that particular poster...

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
            Re:The Old Patty Melt Sun, 11/14/10 6:08 PM (permalink)
            I was curious about the origin of the patty melt and found this on chowhound.
            Saveur Magazine's Top 100 List for 2001 had as #84
            "Best Variation on the Hamburger"
            Their write up says it was created by William "Tiny" Naylor sometime in the 40's or 50's at his chain of Southern California coffee shops called Tiny Naylor's (they say he also may be the inventor of pop-up plate servers, refrigerated drawers, and the open kitchen)
            They describe it as a hamburger patty covered with melted swiss cheese and a heap of sauteed onions served on grilled rye bread. They have a recipe in the issues as well from his grand-daughter Jennifer Naylor who is chef at Granita in Malibu and serves the patty melt at Sunday brunch.

Curbside Grill

• Total Posts: 3916
              Re:The Old Patty Melt Sun, 11/14/10 8:49 PM (permalink)
              BillyB      need 6 of those delivered to the FARM
              Will trade you a 8 lb wheel of Goat Milk Gouda (90 days) for a Visit and 6 of those Sandwich's.
              Shhhhh   am doing a Boudin Feast on Wed. with all Goat Cheese's.
              <message edited by Curbside Grill on Sun, 11/14/10 8:51 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 37 of 37

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com