The Original Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles Has Moved!

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10209
2012/12/31 14:35:38 (permalink)

The Original Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles Has Moved!

The Earth has stopped spinning and Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles in Phoenix has moved!!
No longer will you be seated in the cramped old house where the floors and tables are at a 45 degree angle from each other. Gone is the 40 coats of bright yellow paint on the walls and the autographs of a wide variety of sports celebs like Charles Barkley, Magic Johnson, Muhammad Ali and hundreds of others. They only moved about 50 yards East of the old place on the same street, but it seems like they moved a 1000 miles. They took over a building that looks like it might have been an old store. There's more room to sit and a bigger kitchen for the staff but I still miss the quirkiness of the old place. Maybe the original 1200 sq ft. place will make it onto the Registry of Historic Places!
Here's the Story: http://ktar.com/?sid=1470538&nid=6

5 Replies Related Threads

buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10216
    Re:The Original Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles Has Moved! 2013/01/02 12:44:36 (permalink)
    Foodbme-
    We were told about this when we ate at the Scottsdale LoLo's last Summer.  Glad to hear that there is more room as the original was rather cramped.  I can tell you that the best experience I have had yet was at the Scottsdale location.  The staff was friendlier and the food was better.  What has your visits been like?
    plb
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1029
    Re:The Original Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles Has Moved! 2013/01/02 16:45:12 (permalink)
    I was at the Scottsdale location two weeks ago, and the food was very good and the staff friendly.  Here is their signature dish (with warm syrup).

bwave
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 231
    Re:The Original Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles Has Moved! 2013/01/02 20:53:46 (permalink)
    Am I the only one that can stand when restaurants put condiment cups on top of the food?!  It's so unsanitary.   You know they put them little cups of salad dressing (or in this case syrup) first on a table to fill them, then on a rack in the fridge that probably hasn't been cleaned in months, then put that dirty bottom  (along with how many people have touched it now) directly on top of the food.   And so many of the places I go don't even date the cups, so who knows how well they've been rotated and how old they really are!

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10209
    Re:The Original Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles Has Moved! 2013/01/02 23:17:31 (permalink)
    buffetbuster
    Foodbme-
    We were told about this when we ate at the Scottsdale LoLo's last Summer.  Glad to hear that there is more room as the original was rather cramped.  I can tell you that the best experience I have had yet was at the Scottsdale location.  The staff was friendlier and the food was better.  What has your visits been like?

I think the stress of working in such cramped quarters at the original place probably affected the staff's attitude there although I've always found them to be friendly.
    I've not been to the Scottsdale location. There's just something that doesn't sit right with me when places expand from an iconic place that made them unique to something newer and "Fancier". I'm a nostalgic cuss and still like the older original places! 
    The Same thing has happened to Carolina's. They opened a second and third location "Uptown" Phoenix.
    http://www.carolinasmexicanfood.com/
    Nothing can replace the old original locations as far as I'm concerned.
    Same thing bothered me when TV's went from Black & White to Color!
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10216
    Re:The Original Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles Has Moved! 2013/01/03 10:00:02 (permalink)
    Thanks for the photo plb!  That really looks delicious.

Foodbme-
    In general, I absolutely agree with you about there being something special about a restaurants original location.  Here is Pittsburgh, I eat much more often at the original Strip District location of Primanti's, even though it is a half hour away and there is another one only ten minutes away.  Next time in Phoenix,I will go check out the new digs.  But, we were treated so well and the food was so good, I will not hesistate to eat at the Scottsdale location.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1