The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

The PieDiva/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 117 of 117
MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Thu, 02/3/11 1:30 PM (permalink)
Me and Andew Zimmern like this kind.

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2368
    Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Thu, 02/3/11 8:51 PM (permalink)
    abe_froeman

From the black light website:  "Since one scorpion can have over 100 babies it is important to actively detect them at night regularly."

That is all absolutely true (at least that's what we tell you folks up North in order to keep you there).

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
      Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Fri, 02/4/11 3:45 AM (permalink)
      I love that--"you folks up North".  How quickly they turn on you...

Buddy

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
        Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Fri, 02/4/11 4:19 AM (permalink)
        My Lord, I thought I was the only one awake at this hour! And JRPfeff-you are using old terms-we may be north-but we are definately east!!!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9543
          Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Fri, 02/4/11 12:50 PM (permalink)
          annpeeples

My Lord, I thought I was the only one awake at this hour! And JRPfeff-you are using old terms-we may be north-but we are definately east!!!

Ann my Dear,
          You must have played hookie from Geography Class too often. "East" ends at the Ohio/PA State line! That's where "Midwest" starts and actually, you're in the "Upper Midwest". Granted, you are East of AZ where it will be sunny and in the low 70's this weekend for the PGA Golf Tournament!

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Fri, 02/4/11 1:54 PM (permalink)
            Yeah, but can you go cross country skiing down the middle of your street?

Buddy

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9543
              Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Fri, 02/4/11 2:05 PM (permalink)
              BuddyRoadhouse

Yeah, but can you go cross country skiing down the middle of your street?

Buddy

True Story - Chicago Blizzard of Jan 1979. I was in Chicago on business. Stranded in the hotel on Michigan Av. People were cross country skiing on Michigan Av. That's when I decided I'd rather be watching a Golf Tournament in AZ in January!

JRPfeff

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sat, 02/26/11 11:19 PM (permalink)
                We can check another one off of our Bucket List.  Tonight I went to Burt's Place with Bobbi, Rachel & Martin.

Upon arrival, the first thing we saw was this young lady interviewing some patrons for a a cable program or maybe a foodie blog.  She was asking why they were at Burt's and what made it special.

She almost got away, but I made her interview me before leaving.

The first thing she mentioned was the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl XLV Champions cap I was wearing.  I explained that I am Senator Spencer Coggs, one of the FIB 14 fugitives from the Wisconsin legislature, and that I have been in Illinois for the last 10 days avoiding the bite of Honey Badger Scott Walker (it is alway OK to lie to the press).

She asked why we were at Burt's and was especially interested in the fact that we were an hour and a half from home for pizza.  I told that Burt's had the World's Greatest Waiter and that Burt's was on our bucket list before moving to Arizona.

She asked what made Burt's pizza special and I told her I had never had it.  I based my appreciation on Bobbi's and other Roadfooder's feedback.  Bobbi had mentioned the Italian sausage and she was right about it.  It is a sweet sausage that is extremely tasty and perfect on pizza.  I could go for a plate of it on its own. 

I figured out the crust on my second slice, but after the interview ended.  There's the bready crust.  Then there's the cheese that melts over the crust.  But the interesting place is between the crust and the cheese - I call it chust or creese.  Something about the yeasty-bready crust at this interface that is not quite cooked because cheese was melting into it hits just the right flavor notes.

Our sausage, onion & mushroom pie.

Our pepperoni, onion & garic pizza.

At the end of the meal we were all happily filled.  The kids both really enjoyed the pizza and gave it high marks.

Sorry we didn't invite the Contingent, but Burt's is no place for a large group on Saturday night.
                <message edited by JRPfeff on Sat, 02/26/11 11:38 PM>

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sun, 02/27/11 2:46 AM (permalink)
                  Spencer Coggs, eh?  If she bought that one she's really out of touch-and color blind, too!

Damn, I look terrible in that picture--did you have the instant aging filter on your lens?  Do I really have that much gray hair?  Yeesh!

It was great having you guys as our guests tonight.  Glad you enjoyed the pizza.  Still, no dessert from Bobbi?  I didn't think she even left the house without a pie in her purse.  So what were Kopp's flavor of the day?

Keep watching for a Contingent get-together in Chicago sometime in the Spring.  Lot's of dining ala trunk in sketchy neighborhoods!

Buddy

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                    Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sun, 02/27/11 6:23 AM (permalink)
                    Wow, that pizza looks fantastic!!!!And that server is kinda cute.

MilwFoodlovers

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sun, 02/27/11 9:08 AM (permalink)
                      I'm all for chipping in to get Ann to an eye doctor toot sweet! Mmm, that look yummy. We had just returned from vacationing in Jamaica and Beth gets called out of town for a family emergency, since resolved (I think) or we would have fought the weather just to shake Spencer Cogg's hand. Spring starts in just 21 days and I'm ready for a Contingent food feast.

JRPfeff

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sun, 02/27/11 10:21 AM (permalink)
                        Buddy - This one better shows your boyish good looks.

Bobbi felt bad about about not bringing a pie, but after we stopped at Oscar's for their Cupid's Creation Sundae she got over it.

"Cupids Creation"
                        This sundae is sure to satisfy your sweet heart or your sweet tooth! Imagine chocolate and vanilla custard topped with chocolate sauce, morsels of tiramisu', red raspberries, whipped cream, delicate chocolate shavings and a cherry of course!

ChiTownDiner

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sun, 02/27/11 11:24 AM (permalink)
                          Note the vintage rotary phone Buddy is using to dial into the internet!

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sun, 02/27/11 3:40 PM (permalink)
                            JRPfeff

Looks like I lost  few pounds too.

Buddy

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
                              Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sun, 02/27/11 4:51 PM (permalink)

I call it chust or creese.

LOL

Loved the report! My feelings are not hurt in not being invited as I had authentic Italian in Kenosha yesterday, and that was just the bartender! *rimshot*

Glad you guys enjoyed it & can't wait to get together with everyone. LOVE the shot of Buddy on the phone under the Saveur poster.

MilwFoodlovers

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sun, 02/27/11 5:01 PM (permalink)
                                ChiTownDiner

Note the vintage rotary phone Buddy is using to dial into the internet!
                                Finally upgraded from that Princess phone, eh? Still have a party line?

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sun, 02/27/11 9:07 PM (permalink)
                                  Anytime you call Burt's it's a party.

And who you callin' Princess?!?

Buddy

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sun, 02/27/11 9:15 PM (permalink)
                                    Anytime you call Burt's it's a party.

And who you callin' Princess?!?

Buddy

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Sun, 02/27/11 9:17 PM (permalink)
                                      Why the duplication?
                                      And why can't a Filet Mignon with 2, 982 posts delete his own posts?

Buddy

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4715
                                        Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Mon, 02/28/11 10:44 AM (permalink)
                                        JRPfeff

I'm sure Buddy will say that he was just taking a pizza order but it sure looks like somebody was calling in a bet for the fifth at Arlington...

Brad

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
                                          Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Mon, 02/28/11 12:08 PM (permalink)
                                          I told you there was some shady stuff going on at these contingent meetings

JRPfeff

• Location: Pewaukee, WI & Fuquay-Varina, NC
                                            Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Mon, 02/28/11 12:26 PM (permalink)
                                            joerogo

I told you there was some shady stuff going on at these contingent meetings

OMG!  I was unaware of this felonious behavior on my property.

buffetbuster

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Mon, 02/28/11 12:30 PM (permalink)
                                              Hey Buddy, what kind of tippers are Wisconsinites?

ChiTownDiner

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Mon, 02/28/11 1:29 PM (permalink)
                                                Depends on the horse race...

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Mon, 02/28/11 1:41 PM (permalink)
                                                  buffetbuster

Hey Buddy, what kind of tippers are Wisconsinites?

Generous to a fault--although they coulda skipped a cash tip altogether if The Pie Diva had just brought dessert!

Buddy

P.S. Just to be clear; dessert tipping is not something I endorse on a full time basis--just for close friends, and particularly for those well versed in the pie making arts.

B.

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Mon, 02/28/11 1:43 PM (permalink)
                                                    ChiTownDiner

Depends on the horse race...

He said "tippers", not tipsters.

Buddy

ChiTownDiner

Re:The PieDive/JRPfeff Contingent Farewell Tour Mon, 02/28/11 7:03 PM (permalink)
                                                      As in 'I've got a good tipster for you in the 5th race..."

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                        Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 117 of 117

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                        • No New Messages
                                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                        • Read Message
                                                        • Post New Thread
                                                        • Reply to message
                                                        • Post New Poll
                                                        • Submit Vote
                                                        • Post reward post
                                                        • Delete my own posts
                                                        • Delete my own threads
                                                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com