The Pink knife Cooking Society

Author
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3738
2012/01/28 15:54:13 (permalink)

The Pink knife Cooking Society

We are going to have the weirdest dinner  in the world tonight.  Mom has to work today and Dad and granson are up at State College for wrestling  so my youngest grandaughter decided it would be a good night to  do  "My Favorite Food Night"

So the four little girls are out in the kitchen preparing a feast (with my help)  of
Chopped liver with REAL  chicken fat
Brick-  a dish that I first learned about a couple of years  ago, and it is really delicious
Vegetables  stir-fried with chicken
Penne pasta with   marinara sauce

Big sister is going to provide the anti-acid tablets!!!

Man,  what we  grandmothers have to suffer through.........oh well it is worth it................ my grandaughter scored 10 out of 30  pooints in her game winning basketball game this am.

4 Replies Related Threads

6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:The Pink knife Cooking Society 2012/01/28 15:59:45 (permalink)
    What is "brick"?  
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18665
    Re:The Pink knife Cooking Society 2012/01/28 16:07:47 (permalink)
    Ah, the Brick. As I recall it's a sort of combination French-North African dish.

Which granddaughter scored the ten points? The older one or the younger one?
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3738
    Re:The Pink knife Cooking Society 2012/01/28 16:39:33 (permalink)
    The mom that first introduced us to this dish is Moraccan and French.  After doing a lot of research , I  guess that it is more French than anything.

Brick  consists of cooked  hamburger, slightly  mashed potaotes, sliced green olives and loads of spices.  The spices consist of allspice, turmeric, cumin,paprika, salt and pepper...........as well as onions and garlic This is then wrapped into  the sheets of brick, which is similar to puff pastry.   It is shaped into  a "brick"  shape and supposed to be  fried in olive oil.  The brick sheets can be ordered from Amazon. 

When I make them, I usually spritz them with olive oil  (has to be a very good  olive oil)  and bake them.

The cooking queen is the one who got 10 points.  Her older sister did not fare well.  She had a finger jabbed into her eyein the first five minutes of play,  and is really suffering right now.
    post edited by Greymo - 2012/01/28 18:06:56
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13523
    Re:The Pink knife Cooking Society 2012/01/28 17:00:18 (permalink)
    Greymo:  Congrats on the grandchilren doing so well in wrestling and BB.  The brick sounds really good although it uses more spices than what I have.  Looking forward to seeing you in Nashville.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1