The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The Restaurant TV Show

Route 11

• Total Posts: 752
The Restaurant TV Show Mon, 08/4/03 11:15 AM (permalink)
Just interested in the reax from folks who are watching. Are you sick of the blatant ads for Am Ex and Coors?

Texicana

• Total Posts: 185
    RE: The Restaurant TV Show Mon, 08/4/03 11:33 AM (permalink)
    I've watched since the start, and yes there is blatant product placement. One has to wonder how much of this is "reality"; some of the situations seem staged (Rocco getting touchy feely with the diners). The restaurant critic who appeared last night actually wrote that she wouldn't be back and she refused to sign the release forms for her consent to appear on TV

Julia I

RE: The Restaurant TV Show Tue, 08/5/03 12:40 PM (permalink)
      I missed the second segment but I did enjoy the first. I can live with the Coors and Am Ex placements, they are no worse than many movies nowadays. I don't use either product, and this show is unlikely to convince me to start.

It did seem as though it might have been partly staged. (I think that Mitsubishi is a sponsor too, aren't they? I wondered if they bribed the police so that they could have that shot of the owner's Mitsubishi SUV being towed from in front of the restaurant?) But it is an actual, funtioning restaurant, so much of it was probably real. I hear that the place is doing great business at the moment. Nothing like a TV series about your place to bring the customers in!

Jason Perlow

• Total Posts: 10
        RE: The Restaurant TV Show Wed, 08/6/03 12:59 AM (permalink)
        If you guys are interested in extended discussion on this topic, you should check out this thread on my site, eGullet. Its 17 pages long. Half the Rocco's employees are talking on it.

http://forums.egullet.com/index.php?s=&act=ST&f=2&t=18494&st=640

Julia I

RE: The Restaurant TV Show Thu, 08/7/03 12:47 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by Jason Perlow

If you guys are interested in extended discussion on this topic, you should check out this thread on my site, eGullet. Its 17 pages long. Half the Rocco's employees are talking on it.

http://forums.egullet.com/index.php?s=&act=ST&f=2&t=18494&st=640

Thanks for the invite, Jason, that is one interesting web site! Don't count on me registering, since I have absolutely nothing to do with restaurants (other than eating there), but I will be spending some time hovering around the various topics.

I've gotten through about half of "The Restaurant" topic so far. I can't say that I'm surprised that someone was egging on the diners to complain about their food on opening night. I couldn't believe that the food was THAT bad. Your web site is opening more doors into the BOH for me than the TV show ever will. (For example, I now know what BOH actually means )

Texicana

• Total Posts: 185
            RE: The Restaurant TV Show Thu, 08/7/03 12:50 PM (permalink)
            thank you Jason, I love to read stuff like this! Texie

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com