The Restaurant TV Show

Author
Route 11
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 755
2003/08/04 11:15:25 (permalink)

The Restaurant TV Show

Just interested in the reax from folks who are watching. Are you sick of the blatant ads for Am Ex and Coors?

5 Replies Related Threads

Texicana
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 185
    RE: The Restaurant TV Show 2003/08/04 11:33:30 (permalink)
    I've watched since the start, and yes there is blatant product placement. One has to wonder how much of this is "reality"; some of the situations seem staged (Rocco getting touchy feely with the diners). The restaurant critic who appeared last night actually wrote that she wouldn't be back and she refused to sign the release forms for her consent to appear on TV
    Julia I
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 157
    RE: The Restaurant TV Show 2003/08/05 12:40:37 (permalink)
    I missed the second segment but I did enjoy the first. I can live with the Coors and Am Ex placements, they are no worse than many movies nowadays. I don't use either product, and this show is unlikely to convince me to start.

It did seem as though it might have been partly staged. (I think that Mitsubishi is a sponsor too, aren't they? I wondered if they bribed the police so that they could have that shot of the owner's Mitsubishi SUV being towed from in front of the restaurant?) But it is an actual, funtioning restaurant, so much of it was probably real. I hear that the place is doing great business at the moment. Nothing like a TV series about your place to bring the customers in!
    Jason Perlow
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: The Restaurant TV Show 2003/08/06 00:59:58 (permalink)
    If you guys are interested in extended discussion on this topic, you should check out this thread on my site, eGullet. Its 17 pages long. Half the Rocco's employees are talking on it.

http://forums.egullet.com/index.php?s=&act=ST&f=2&t=18494&st=640

Julia I
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 157
    RE: The Restaurant TV Show 2003/08/07 12:47:21 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jason Perlow

If you guys are interested in extended discussion on this topic, you should check out this thread on my site, eGullet. Its 17 pages long. Half the Rocco's employees are talking on it.

http://forums.egullet.com/index.php?s=&act=ST&f=2&t=18494&st=640

Thanks for the invite, Jason, that is one interesting web site! Don't count on me registering, since I have absolutely nothing to do with restaurants (other than eating there), but I will be spending some time hovering around the various topics.

I've gotten through about half of "The Restaurant" topic so far. I can't say that I'm surprised that someone was egging on the diners to complain about their food on opening night. I couldn't believe that the food was THAT bad. Your web site is opening more doors into the BOH for me than the TV show ever will. (For example, I now know what BOH actually means )
    Texicana
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 185
    RE: The Restaurant TV Show 2003/08/07 12:50:32 (permalink)
    thank you Jason, I love to read stuff like this! Texie
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1