The Roadfood Digest

Author
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 2127
2008/04/26 06:21:47 (permalink)

The Roadfood Digest

We are pleased to announce another Roadfood website called RoadfoodDigest.com - a variation of a blog that will be the definitive resource for Roadfood news, information and entertainment from around the country. We will also be promoting food festivals, eat and greets, restaurant openings/closings, television shows, radio shows, and Roadfood events. To our knowledge, no other resource like this exists on the Internet and we believe it will be very well received.

Please join us on this new adventure – we look forward to lively dialogs using the commenting feature on the site (no registration required!)

Bookmark http://www.RoadfoodDigest.com

10 Replies Related Threads

rouxdog
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1421
    RE: The Roadfood Digest 2008/05/02 23:58:58 (permalink)
    Stephen, nice addition, looks good. Earlier today I made a post which never appeared. We'll see how this one goes.
    Earl of Sandwich
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 600
    RE: The Roadfood Digest 2008/05/03 04:06:22 (permalink)
    Can't wait to check it out.
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2880
    RE: The Roadfood Digest 2008/05/13 21:10:37 (permalink)
    I love this feature!
    RibRater
    • Total Posts : 1862
    RE: The Roadfood Digest 2008/11/01 16:13:50 (permalink)
    Bumping this thread. I try to read some of the posts over at the digest at least 3-4 times a week and the content, imo, just keeps getting better.

If you haven't had time to get over to the site, I highly recommend you set an hour or two aside...once you get started reading the posts it's hard to stop.
    brittneal
    • Total Posts : 1265
    RE: The Roadfood Digest 2008/11/02 02:00:00 (permalink)
    Im confused here. That has been on the homepage for as long as i can remember(Or so I thought) I occasional check it out if i see something catching my eye. Forme its not very concise or informatuve unles I might find a link to the event or place in qustion.
    I wish the log book was open to the GP. Im not to cheap to join but have an averion to pay pal. Ive turned down sime great deals before as the sell refused to deal any other was.
    I do love our site and the revies and have to admit spending a good portion of my online time here.
    Thanks and keep up the great work
    britt
    Benzee
    • Total Posts : 1878
    RE: The Roadfood Digest 2008/11/08 11:09:19 (permalink)
    Hello all ,

There are a few meet and greets posted , but none of the past Hot Dog Tours including this past Sept .
    Close to 60 enjoyed a great day and no mention
    So I have to agree with Britmeal on this one .

Benzee
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4534
    RE: The Roadfood Digest 2008/11/08 12:19:15 (permalink)
    RibRater, I checked it out and...I don't get it. Most of the same stuff we have here, just harder to navigate.

My advice would be to overhaul this website and incorporate the two. I think you will agree that some things could use a sprucing up.

Get rid of PayPal
    Make it easier for everyone to up-load photos
    Expand user profiles so we can get a better idea of who we are conversing with.
    Maybe add a picture next to your name.

Not beatin ya up, just an opinion.
    RibRater
    • Total Posts : 1862
    RE: The Roadfood Digest 2008/11/08 12:52:20 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by joerogo
    Not beatin ya up, just an opinion.

Can't beat me up Joe..it's not my site. A blog is not a forum and the point of both is entirely different. While some comments are allowed on a blog, the primary purpose is to share information from the viewpoint of the writer. The Roadfood blog has some excellent posts about all types of subjects and I enjoy a blog format.

The forum on the other hand is for general conversation about roadfood places..a place for members to discuss their favorite places and food they experienced in their travels (or locally of course).

As for the other issues you mentioned, most are not possible with the current forum software. Perhaps that will change in the future. Also, I've used paypal since it was X.com with thousands of transactions well into 5 digits and have never experienced a problem so I'm while it's not my decision to use Paypal or not, I believe it is simply the most convenient way to handle the subscriptions for this forum. (I don't want to turn this into another paypal thread)

On the forum vs blog issue..I like both but opinions vary. If you prefer the forum that's great! I just wanted to call attention to the blog for the MANY who join the site to get access to other materials and services who don't participate in the forum. My guess would be that number is somewhere around 45,000-50,000 people but Stephen would have better idea based on bounces and such when the newsletter is sent out.

Brittneal - the blog has only been up since April of this year.

Benzee - I believe anybody can submit a post for the blog. If there is material you would like to see I would check with Bruce or Stephen.

Benzee
    • Total Posts : 1878
    RE: The Roadfood Digest 2008/11/08 21:54:27 (permalink)
    Hey RR

Thanks buddy , did not mean to pile on , I'm not the best blogger but we do have a few good one that were on the last tour including
    Ellen, John Fox , Joe Rogo , John Sagi , Screenbear , Harriet and on and on .
    Will see if they want to submit something , if not perhaps I will give it a whirl .

Benzee
    ayersian
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 901
    RE: The Roadfood Digest 2008/11/13 12:26:25 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Benzee

There are a few meet and greets posted , but none of the past Hot Dog Tours including this past Sept .
    Close to 60 enjoyed a great day and no mention

Benzee, this is where things fall through the cracks sometimes. Amy's much better about this than I am, but we do try to advertise the eat & greets as much as possible. The key element is a really great food photo -- very clear, color balanced, no blurriness -- and sometimes there are none that meet these criteria. I spend an inordinate amount of time writing for the site, but I can't do everything -- and Amy's busier than I am. Sadly, I can't even review all the places that I really want people to know about...there's just not enough time in the day.

However, we certainly do appreciate tips, suggestions, and recommendations from all of you -- and especially constructive criticism. I think about all feedback, even the negative ones, and it does make for a better site! So thank you for that, and please keep those constructive vibes coming our way... Chris
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1