The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

The Roadfood Trip That Never Happenned

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7411
  • Roadfood Insider
The Roadfood Trip That Never Happenned Mon, 10/31/11 7:54 AM (permalink)
Well, I could have said that this was my last trip report of the year.

I could say I spent the weekend in Philadelphia eating Cheesesteaks, Hoagies, Soft Pretzels, Roast Porks, Scrapple
and Schmitters

I could say I went to the Italian Market, South Street, Reading Terminal  Market etc.

I could say I spent Saturday with Cheeewit

I could say I met up with Joerogo on Sunday

But none of that happened this weekend

In fact, I'm now completely convinced that I am responsible for the historical October snow storm that took place this weekend  and will  take 100% full responsibility for the snowstorm we had in Charleston over the 2010 Glee Club Presidents Day Weekend event as well as the the unusual April Heatwave in LA back in 2009 and the bizarre front that soared thru Chicago and Milwaukee this past June causing daytime temps to drop to 50 degrees.

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4469
    Re:The Roadfood Trip That Never Happenned Mon, 10/31/11 8:27 AM (permalink)
    WJ,  I'm still here(Philly).   I ate an extra hoagie at Dinic's in your absence 

buffetbuster

Re:The Roadfood Trip That Never Happenned Mon, 10/31/11 1:19 PM (permalink)
      Tell the truth.  You have developed a sudden and unusual phobia of cheesesteaks.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6259
        Re:The Roadfood Trip That Never Happenned Mon, 10/31/11 2:06 PM (permalink)
        Snow storm?  Geeze, you guys would never have survived a winter in Alaska.  36" of snow overnight is not unusual.  We get up and go to work.  Sorry, though, Dale that your plans didn't work out.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
          Re:The Roadfood Trip That Never Happenned Mon, 10/31/11 5:28 PM (permalink)
          joerogo

And I probably enjoyed that hoagie "vicariously" even more than you did.

buffetbuster

actually I've had these bizarre "anxiety" dreams of being eaten by an enormous supersized cheesesteak.

lleechef

I was supposed to take Amtrak and you never now how reliable these trains are during these weather conditions (and sometimes even under normal circumstances). I had actually thought about driving in after I cancelled my train reservation. The drive to and from wouldn't have been a problem, however being there wouldn't have been fun- we didn't get hit here in RI nearly as much as they got hit in PA- and it was pretty miserable here

And then they were talking about downed  trees/power outages- remember the leaves are still on the the trees and the ice/snow would have weighed the trees down- that was enough to convince me to stay home.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
            • Roadfood Insider
            Re:The Roadfood Trip That Never Happenned Mon, 11/7/11 5:34 PM (permalink)
            Considering the news story today how some CT towns are just NOW getting the electric back from that freak storm, I wouldn't openly take credit for causing it.

Speaking of Glee club meet ups werent you there in Mobile with the Tornados?  That was the year we met up at Killer Seafood.  I drove home north and every county I entered was just getting tornado warned or had already been warned with damage.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
              Re:The Roadfood Trip That Never Happenned Mon, 11/7/11 8:18 PM (permalink)
              CajunKing

Considering the news story today how some CT towns are just NOW getting the electric back from that freak storm, I wouldn't openly take credit for causing it.

Speaking of Glee club meet ups werent you there in Mobile with the Tornados?  That was the year we met up at Killer Seafood.  I drove home north and every county I entered was just getting tornado warned or had already been warned with damage.

It's not that I want to take credit for it, I simply have no other explanation for that  snow storm other than I was supposed to go to Philly that weekend.

However on the other hand, I won't take credit for those tornado's in Mobile. If I recall Travelin Man and I had high tailed it out of there that morning and headed east towards Pensacola- so we avoided all of that stuff. 

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4469
                Re:The Roadfood Trip That Never Happenned Tue, 11/8/11 7:47 AM (permalink)
                That early snow storm upset me soooo much, I had to go into therapy.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com