The Shake Shack

Author
bubbaboy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 47
2004/09/01 08:36:09 (permalink)

The Shake Shack

Tried a few burgers at this joint in NYC on 23rd & Madison...i'm a believer that bigger isn't always better when referring to a burger and these were perfect...about a 1/4 pound and on a perfectly toasted bun...the shakes were great too...i apologize in advance if this has been covered before but a search turned up nothing.

JD

2 Replies Related Threads

Howard Baratz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 449
    RE: The Shake Shack 2004/09/01 17:28:24 (permalink)
    You've got to hand it to Danny Meyer. Along with being one of New York's finest upscale restauranteurs (Union Square Cafe, etc.) he truly has the heart of a Roadfoodie. He opened Blue Smoke, a hit-and-miss (fortunately, more hit than miss these days) but lovingingly-rendered barbeque joint and a wonderfully-reviewed Chicago Hot Dog cart and the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. By the way, Mr. Meyer is also one of the movers and shakers behind the Farmer's Market in Union Square.
    mttbrn
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: The Shake Shack 2004/09/01 17:37:52 (permalink)
    The Shake Shack was a bit of a let down for me personally. I didn't try the burger but the "Chicago" style dog came on a bun that was all wrong and the frozen custard was so-so. As a rule I'm not a fan of places that prepare items in the style of another area (i.e. "chicago" style hot dogs and "st. louis" style concretes in NYC. How about serving the best damn NY style dog you can?) I guess I had high hopes because I work in the area but I think I'll still head over to Eisenberg's Lunch Counter when I want to treat myself to a good lunch.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1