The Stand

Author
EdSails
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3902
2004/04/17 19:33:17 (permalink)

The Stand

We're lucky enough to have a new place here in Los Angeles, actually Encino in the SF Valley. It's called the Stand. Basically 20 types of hotdogs including Chicago and New York style. Good dogs, snap when you bite into them----steamed or grilled with choice of toppings. My knish was ok, but the fries were nice thicker ones----one order covered three people. Compared to Pinks (where I have spent entirely too much time at over the years) it's a much nicer place, even beer and wine-----although somehow wine with a grilled dog with red sauce just seems wrong! I was very pleased though------definitely nice to have a beer with a quality dog!

4 Replies Related Threads

Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2293
    RE: The Stand 2004/04/17 19:44:28 (permalink)
    EdSails, how does it compare with Jodi Maroni's?
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    RE: The Stand 2004/04/20 15:19:21 (permalink)
    I've never been to Jody Moroni's so can't help you. Definitely favorable to Pink's though----and that's high praise from me.
    Patti Ann
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: The Stand 2004/08/24 19:09:17 (permalink)
    The Stand in Encino, really fab bratworst. Monday night $1 a dog. Great food all around, except for the Chili size which was very very very small served on a paperplate making it difficult to eat. The brats, dogs and beer and a wine selection are outstanding, but their hamburger on the grill looked really yummy I may have to try one next time (and the meat smelled real good too). Treelined patio with great music and sports tv in the corner. Good beer choices. Great egg creams and CHOCOLATE or cherry ice cream soda with the deepest chocolate. Loved the french fries as EdSails indicated one order will serve a family. The fixings are quite good, sauerkraut, chili, grilled onions, chopped white onions, cheese, etc. etc., different kinds of mustards, are offered and they make them to your order no waiting. You can have your dog sans bun if you are so inclined served with a knife and fork. So who were you folks that were there last night about 14 of you, was that you Steve ordering the left side of the hot dog menu?
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    RE: The Stand 2004/08/27 20:19:21 (permalink)
    Your report was great! Ican't see how you did it though----One dag, fries and a knish and they could have rolled me out!
    I will plan on swinging by some Monday night------sounds like it would be fun to join your merry crowd!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1