The Twin Cities: The Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer 2009 Tour (abbreviated) come to town

Author
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4211
2009/07/07 01:07:59 (permalink)

The Twin Cities: The Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer 2009 Tour (abbreviated) come to town

Those of you who have been around these boards for a couple of years or more and have been paying attention, may have noticed that there has been no announcement, no schedule for the Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2009.  The reason for that is that we haven’t planned one this year.  I got home from my constant travels last year and plum near collapsed.  I decided I wanted a summer off to enjoy just like normal people.

I did make one concession though; that although we would not actively seek to do any demos, anyone who called and asked for us to do a demo would not be denied.  And so it is that I will be in the Twin Cities this week.  I will be traveling alone (Dad is staying home to take care of Mom), so I’ll be looking for as many dinner companions as possible during the five nights I will be in town.

We have managed to get together with Davydd and his lovely wife Nancy on almost every trip we’ve made over the last few years.  Now I’m starting to see more and more posters who are living in The Cities.  I’m hoping to meet as many of you as possible, maybe even putting together a group gathering that would rival the best of our Milwaukee/Chicago events.

So, here’s the deal; I work all day at a variety of Lund’s and Byerly’s stores doing demos until 7:00pm on Thursday and Friday, 6:00pm on Saturday and Sunday (schedule below).  We can either set up some prearranged meeting places through discussions on this thread, or if you like to improvise, you just show up at the store where I’ll be working, about 15 minutes before I close up the demo, and we weigh our options for dinner.  Then, off we go!

Over the years Dad and I have found some favorites.  Here’s a sampling:
Chinese: Tea House, The Great Wall
Mexican: Morelos, La Cucaracha
Italian: Broder’s Italian Deli, Cossetta’s
Jucy Lucys: The Nook, 5-8 Club
German: Black Forest Inn
Barbecue: Baker’s Ribs
Odds and Ends: Babani’s in St. Paul for Kurdish, Everest on Grand for Nepalese, Tavern on Grand for walleye

And I’m always interested in new stuff as well, so if you’ve got a one of a kind find that you want to introduce us to, let’s hear about it.
So, here’s the demo schedule:

Thursday, July 9, 2009 - Lund’s; 11400 Hwy. 7; Minnetonka
Friday, July 10, 2009    - Lund’s; 3455 Vicksburg Ln.; Plymouth
Saturday July 11, 2009 - Lund’s;1450 W. Lake St.; Minneapolis
Sunday, July 12, 2009  - Byerly’s; 1959 Suburban Ave.; St. Paul

Don’t worry about the restaurant being close to the store where the demo takes place.  We can travel anywhere from anywhere.  My attitude is, I live in Chicago, 450 miles from Minneapolis/St. Paul.  Any place you want to go while I’m here, I’m actually 450 miles closer than I am when I’m in Chicago, so a few miles here or there don’t mean anything.

Davydd, I’m hoping you and Nancy will be in town this weekend and that we’ll get to see each other.  I truly hope there will be other Twin Citizens who will come out and join the fun as well.

See you soon,

Buddy

P.S. Davydd, I’ve got a few bottles of Southern Sunset with your name on them.

B.

post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2009/07/07 01:10:04

9 Replies Related Threads

Ahi Mpls.
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 922
    Re:The Twin Cities: The Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer 2009 Tour (abbreviated) come to t 2009/07/07 09:15:09 (permalink)

Big YAY!!  I would love to do a little meetin' & greetin'... but as I am car-less, it would have to be somewhere bus-able. Black Forest would be great, or ANYWHERE on Nicollet or Up- Downtown... this is so exciting, now I'd better get busy finding someone who is crazy enough to sit with my Demon child...    That could take a while!!!     Dawn
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6360
    Re:The Twin Cities: The Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer 2009 Tour (abbreviated) come to t 2009/07/07 09:59:48 (permalink)
    Buddy,

We are free for dinner on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Twin Cities: The Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer 2009 Tour (abbreviated) come to t 2009/07/07 13:08:13 (permalink)
    Well, this is a good start!

Dawn, I am totally open to any suggestions you might have.  Black Forest is great, but if you've got an favorites that might be new to me I'm ready to give it whirl.  As for the car issue, I could even come pick you up in a pinch if that becomes an issue.

Davydd, You know I'm ready to see you guys any or all of those nights.  Let's throw around some ideas of where we should go.  If something on my list grabbed you we can do that.  If you've got someplace new in mind, I'm ready for an adventure!

I'm making the finishing preparations for the trip now, and I'll hit the road on Wednesday (not sure what time).  I might even get into town in time for dinner, although past experience says it won't happen.  Also, because Dad will not be along to share the driving duties, I will be staying the extra night (Sunday) and leaving Monday.  This makes for a rare opportunity for a late breakfast or early lunch.  Thoughts?

Finally, as I return home on Monday, I figure I should be passing through the Milwaukee area right around dinner time.  How about it, my cheesehead pals, anyone up for a bite on Monday night before I head south?

Buddy
    stricken_detective
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2330
    Re:The Twin Cities: The Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer 2009 Tour (abbreviated) come to t 2009/07/07 19:23:07 (permalink)
    What time Monday?
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    Re:The Twin Cities: The Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer 2009 Tour (abbreviated) come to t 2009/07/09 01:51:23 (permalink)
    I should be there between 5:00 and 7:00pm.  I'll have a better idea once I know when I'll actually be leaving.

I just blew away a great post describing my meal Dick's Bar in hudson, WI.  I hate hotel computers.  If I'm in the mood tomorrow I'll repost.  Right now I'm just tired.

Buddy
    stricken_detective
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2330
    Re:The Twin Cities: The Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer 2009 Tour (abbreviated) come to t 2009/07/09 03:33:54 (permalink)
    I've been there. The only thing I really like hotel computers for is deleting work emails, it goes much faster when you're tired! :)

We can do Oscar's or Casa Del Rio Monday or something else, whatever you want. Is anyone else up for it?
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    Re:The Twin Cities: The Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer 2009 Tour (abbreviated) come to t 2009/07/10 16:18:32 (permalink)
    Just confirmed. My wife and I are meeting BuddyRoadhouse this Friday night at Black Forest at 7:45 PM. Anyone else is welcome to show up.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    Re:The Twin Cities: The Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer 2009 Tour (abbreviated) come to t 2009/07/11 00:22:38 (permalink)
    My wife and did meet BuddyRoadhouse at the Black Forest on 26th and Nicollet tonight for dinner. We hadn't been there in over 25 years and the place doesn't look like it changed one iota. We sat out in the outdoor beer garden.

Saturday night (7/11) we are getting together again at Little Szechuan, 422 W University in St. Paul at approximately 6:45 PM. Any Roadfooders care to join us feel free to do so. The more the merrier.
    Ahi Mpls.
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 922
    Re:The Twin Cities: The Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer 2009 Tour (abbreviated) come to t 2009/07/11 09:34:26 (permalink)

I'm so very sad that I couldn't make it last night, BUT it's a go for tonight !! Davydd, thanks so much for the carseat offer, but I'm flyin' solo tonight!  aren't we going to be extremely close to Porky's on University?.... is this an attempt to stop by and grab a pork cutlet on toast??? seems suspicious.....   anyhoo, see you all later, I'd better go look for my passport, I haven't been accross the river in AGES!! 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1