The Wood Pit - Montclair NJ -Report

Author
ken8038
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1601
2008/01/14 19:25:28 (permalink)

The Wood Pit - Montclair NJ -Report

My son and I took a quick 1/2 hour jaunt up the Parkway on Friday for lunch at this fairly new (6mos?) BBQ place at 108 Bloomfield Ave. Montclair. It got a very good review in the Star Ledger a few weeks ago, so I figured we'd let the hubbub die down before setting out.

Dam good BBQ I'd say! We both opted for the brisket sandwich and it absolutely melted in my mouth, one of the best I've had anyhere. My only complaint (my son too) was that it was a very small sandwich, yet the menu actually says "big enough for two" in the description. Two what? Three year olds? We were both done in less than 5 minutes. The sandwich was only $6.50, I would much rather have had an $8.50 sandwich with more meat on it.

Still hungry, we decided to order a full rack of ribs for take out to home. The ribs were excellent too, maybe top 5 of all time (I've been to Texas..) and perhaps the 2nd or 3rd best I've had in NJ next to Whistler's Inn in Cinnaminson and the South Amboy Fire dept. The sauce was very good too, not too sweet, and a little spicy. The full rack came with some cornbread and several smaill containers of sauce.

All in all, we would go back, just order more food. The lady at the counter was very pleasant also, I think she is the Co owner. While we were waiting for the ribs she gave us a couple of extra ribs to sample, a nice touch. ---Ken

1 Reply Related Threads

aleswench
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 686
    RE: The Wood Pit - Montclair NJ -Report 2008/01/14 19:43:09 (permalink)
    Thanks Ken! Always interested in NJ restaurants, especially BBQ because, as you know, they are few and far between here, and certainly not authentic. It's good to know at least we have a substitute! We'll check it out. Sue
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1