The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The best Roast Pork Egg Foo Young in Manhattan

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
The best Roast Pork Egg Foo Young in Manhattan Mon, 11/20/06 12:50 AM (permalink)
I'm not a big fan of Chinese takeout food for the most part. Too greasy, feel ill an hour later, and so on. But I've really become addicted to roast pork egg foo young. Its like the best omelette in the world. I've found that the divier the place, the better the foo young. There's a great place on Ludlow Street a block north of Delancy that makes a great one and give you an egg roll with it as well for about $7.00. There is also a place on Fulton Street close to the Seaport that makes a good one too. Nice big egg patties filled with roast pork, onions, peas and carrots. Just can't get enough of it. Anyone know of other good places in Manhattan?

NYNM

• Total Posts: 3037
    RE: The best Roast Pork Egg Foo Young in Manhattan Mon, 11/20/06 8:33 AM (permalink)
    I've always liked the takeout at Sammy's on 6th Ave (A of A) near 11th St. There's a divey place on 7th Ave near 15th that has promise too. Never had their EFY, tho.

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1504
      RE: The best Roast Pork Egg Foo Young in Manhattan Mon, 11/20/06 9:12 AM (permalink)
      How about squid in black bean sauce? Know a sit-down Chinese restaurant in New York that truly prepares this especially well?
      The Bear

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com