The best soup for chasing away a cold....

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
fabulousoyster
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1855
RE: The best soup for chasing away a cold.... 2005/11/17 15:47:53 (permalink)
Chicken soup: Chicken thighs, water, add 1 WHOLE BUNCH of dill washed with the root and one WHOLE bunch of parsley with the root, WASHED WELL!!!. Tie 'em up together. Add a peeled chopped parsnip and a peeled chopped turnip, 1 whole onion, a bag of baby carrots, 1 tbsp of salt boil for about an hour or 2, take out the herbs, I like it with Matzoh Balls or egg noodles or fideo noodles.
SassyGritsAL
  • Total Posts : 1089
RE: The best soup for chasing away a cold.... 2005/11/30 11:01:45 (permalink)
Was feeling blah and cold yesterday and went to the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A and got a bowl of their chicken noodle soup. Ate it at my desk for lunch and it was wonderful. Thick and full of noodles, carrots, and the chicken tasted very fresh. I will definitely eat it again.
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: The best soup for chasing away a cold.... 2005/12/24 18:00:21 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Stern

While the Lipton's chicken noodle soup boils, I sautee about 7 coarsely cut-up cloves of garlic in olive oil and add a chopped-up bunch of green onions and a couple of tablespoons of powdered ginger. I pour out most of the liquid from the Lipton's and add the garlic, ginger and scallions. Salubrious! And no one will come near you, so you won't feel bad about spreading the cold.

I use the Liptons as a base for my chicken vegetable soup all the time...Can't beat the price and its pretty decent tasting...
Ashphalt
  • Total Posts : 1644
RE: The best soup for chasing away a cold.... 2005/12/27 11:05:04 (permalink)
I've tried most of 'em, including home made chicken (Mimi Sheraton's recipe) and Portuguese Kale. All have their comfort merits, but for a cold, Meowzart is right. Gotta get that Hot and Sour down at the first sign of congestion.
paoconnell
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 71
RE: The best soup for chasing away a cold.... 2005/12/30 17:24:14 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by meowzart

No, it isn't chicken noodle. It is Hot and Sour soup from your local mom and pop Chinese restaurant. Satisfying and hot enough to make you sweat out those cold cooties. YUM.

Having some right now....tongue is already tingling.

Meowzart

Agreed, I love hot and sour soup, and will have to try it as Chinese penicillin sometime.

If you live in the Southwest, posole (pork, white hominy, usually red chile) and green chile stew (beef pork or chicken, green chile, potatoes, and tomatoes) are also good for what ails you.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1