The most overrated pizza?

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7849
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/04/29 13:18:18 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by FrankBooth

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Bilmes & Sue Boyle

Two out of three of those are among my very favorites!

go to any of the great, not underrated places in the city (Difara- the best, Patsy's uptown- great, L&B- classic) and skip the UPN tude...

I've been to L & B, The Sicilian Slices were pretty good, the regular slices were nothing special. I used to live near Difara's. They were amazing when I lived in Brooklyn from 88-90. I revisited in 97, still better than ever. I came back in 05 after they were "discovered" and was dissapointed. The crust was burnt and the cheese tasted like "burnt goo" I believe I must have been there on an off day. it was mid afternoon saturday, definetely after lunch time and the line was out the door. Never saw anything like that while I was living there.
FrankBooth
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/04/29 13:55:50 (permalink)
Difara definitely has his off moments, but overall still absolutely hands down the best pies in town. now the shrek of actually getting your pie there can be disheartening, but if you go at the right time and dom has the ovens just so you can get some of the finest pies in the world there. his mix of cheeses, san marzano tomatoes, finest ingredients, and the expert hand of a pizzaola who's been in the same room making pies since before i was born!!! he is a master- don't be detered by an off night- every pizza place has an off night- a great pizzaola will tell you that the dough is different as the weather changes (humidity), the ingredients sag in summertime heat, etc.- i've even been to Sally's (my favorite pies in the world) on off nights- still great, but not up in the stars. yet Sally's consistantly has some of the most incredible crust, and overall snarkiest pies i've ever eaten. eating pizza in napoli and in italy, where the ingredients are truly top notch (the mozzarella di buffala, or MDB, should never go on a plane- too volitile- doesn't travel well across an ocean) and SO fresh- think volcanic soil, sun, very old methods of cheese making and breadmaking- spoils you... once you have seen ingredients and pizza at these levels as the norm, all the Una Pizza Napolitana and other overpriced gentrification spots really look ridiculous. and yet people wait on line to pay over $20 a pie... it's a joke... but please, don't be deterred by an off night at difara- he's still making amazing pies, just like he was back in the day (now he has added fresh basil to the pies as well as a number of toppings he didn't have back in the day- imported italian green olives, porcini, carcioffi, and he also has great seasonal specials like fiore di zucca when in season...). DOM is still the reigning NY master, FLO at Sally's in new haven the New Haven master, and just downhill from there... enjoy fb
JBarry713
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 243
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/04/29 15:54:49 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

btw, in an early conversation with the pizzaola at UPN, he told me that he though Sally's in new haven was rather mediocre. THIS SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO SEND YOU PACKING!!! blasphemy!

Haha, I love it! Anyone who questions the taste/quality of Sally's (I haven't made it to DiFara, yet) does raise an alarm.
FrankBooth
Cheeseburger
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/04/29 16:12:31 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Barry

quote:

quote:

btw, in an early conversation with the pizzaola at UPN, he told me that he though Sally's in new haven was rather mediocre. THIS SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO SEND YOU PACKING!!! blasphemy!

Haha, I love it! Anyone who questions the taste/quality of Sally's (I haven't made it to DiFara, yet) does raise an alarm.

EXACTLY my thought...
Williamsburger
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 395
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/02 11:45:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by firecommander3565

Being from Chicago, for 44 years, I can tell you Lou Malnotis, Uno and Due are not frequented by regular Chicagoans. If we want a Great Deep dish, it is from EDWARDO's.

I was visiting my sister recently and she ordered from here. I liked it very much - quite different than pizza we get in Virginia. Of course, I was so exhausted and hungry after my "adventures in public transit" I could have been eating Pizza Hut and been happy! " />
BTW, I think it was sausage and spinach?

Cathy
jmckee
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1187
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/02 11:50:32 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by firecommander3565

Being from Chicago, for 44 years, I can tell you Lou Malnotis, Uno and Due are not frequented by regular Chicagoans. If we want a Great Deep dish, it is from EDWARDO's.

I have eaten at Uno in Chicago, and like it, but it's overrated.

How do natives think of Geno's East?
Janelle79
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/02 12:52:21 (permalink)
How does everyone feel about Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix? Sure it's delicious but is it the pizza to end all pizzas?
Nodak
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 9
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/02 13:49:36 (permalink)
Star Pizza in Houston is one of the most overrated.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18495
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/02 15:19:30 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Janelle79

How does everyone feel about Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix? Sure it's delicious but is it the pizza to end all pizzas?

My daughter, who grew up eating apizza at Pepe's and Sally's and now lives in Phoenix, thought it was OK, but not even close to the good stuff.
FrankBooth
Cheeseburger
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/02 15:29:09 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:
Originally posted by Janelle79

My daughter, who grew up eating apizza at Pepe's and Sally's and now lives in Phoenix, thought it was OK, but not even close to the good stuff.

no surprise, the water is all wrong... many say this is why the pizza in napoli and new haven are the top of the pops- similar water... i don't think new haven is as volcanic as napoli though...
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/02 15:41:35 (permalink)
I think it must be the traprock.
Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3778
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/02 16:05:47 (permalink)
I'll lay off Uno's for a minute to add this: I really don't like the Mellow Mushroom much. I think it's real skimpy and ho-hum for what you pay.
Foxyfishy14
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 192
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/15 17:19:25 (permalink)

I don't know what you people are talking about. Sally's in New Haven CT has got to be the MOST OVERRATED pizza EVER! I'm originally from Mass and until I moved down to CT I had never even heard of New Haven pizza...I was too busy enjoying classic thin crust in Boston at Papa Gino's and others. I went to Sally's to give it a shot...what a mistake! We ordered three pizzas and it took a total of 2 hours to get them...I don't care if this pizza is the best on earth like native new haven residents say it is (it wasn't) it should NEVER take that long! And the service...HORRIBLE! They had ONE waiter...who didn't seem to care if anyone got their pizza and he had such attitude! The pizza was nothing to write home about. Way too overrated!
Foxyfishy14
Cheeseburger
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/15 17:21:31 (permalink)
I don't know what you people are talking about. Sally's in New Haven CT has got to be the MOST OVERRATED pizza EVER! I'm originally from Mass and until I moved down to CT I had never even heard of New Haven pizza...I was too busy enjoying classic thin crust in Boston at Papa Gino's and others. I went to Sally's to give it a shot...what a mistake! We ordered three pizzas and it took a total of 2 hours to get them...I don't care if this pizza is the best on earth like native new haven residents say it is (it wasn't) it should NEVER take that long! And the service...HORRIBLE! They had ONE waiter...who didn't seem to care if anyone got their pizza and he had such attitude! The pizza was nothing to write home about. Way too overrated!
Zig
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/15 19:42:27 (permalink)
It's not delivery, it's DiGiorno's. Yuk!
Zig
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/15 19:51:50 (permalink)
MissJohnnycakes
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 37
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/15 23:31:53 (permalink)
As an XMAS-hole, I have to say that the most overrated pizza I've ever had was here in Colorado, at BeauJo's Pizzera in Idaho Springs. It is now a chain, and I just don't get it!

The crust is BISCUIT DOUGH, not pizza crust, and tastes sweet. Completely wrong texture, flavor, and weight (and that's comparing with ANY thickness of pizza style). The thing must weigh 10 lbs per pie, with the dough accounting for half of that. They actually provide honey dispensers to encourage people to eat the inevitable leftover crusts for dessert. Ugh.

The cheese and other toppings resemble heavy, salty, greasy sludge.

There is nothing good about this pizza. It is expensive, to boot.

Gimme an overrated Regina's pizza any day over one of these monstrosities.
FrankBooth
Cheeseburger
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/16 11:20:49 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Foxyfishy14

I'm sorry, and i mean no offense, but to compare Papa Gino's to Sally's in the same breath is a joke. Papa Gino's? are you kidding? Boston pizza? please, i grew up eating fine new haven apizzas (of which sally's is in the top 3) and went to college in boston and let me tell you, there is not a pizza in boston that even comes close. even Santarpios, considered by most to be tops in boston, pales compared to the brilliance of a sally's or pepe's. we're talking 100+ year old brick ovens and family owned and run businesses that have been serving top quality pizzas for GENERATIONS. Sally's does get a lot of hype from fanatics, and imho it is well worth the hype, but to say you had never heard of new haven pizza and then had bad service at sally's is like saying I've never heard of Peter Lugers but i went there and it took a long time and it wasn't worth the wait. any top quality item like this will take time and places like sally's are KNOWN for their long waits- search for threads like "Strategies for Getting in to Sally's"- people wait hours in the rain and snow for this pizza- but it probably isn't very good. NYC and Boston are FILLED with overrated pizza places- $20+ yuppie pizzas, oversized goopy slices, fresh mozz that becomes bubble gum in minutes- the pizzas from Sally's and Pepe's and even your average new haven pizza joint will be MUCH better than 99.9% of NY and Boston pizzas. i've spent my life in these 3 cities and my obsession is pizza, these are my credentials... oh and i'm a member of the NYC pizza police... but Papa Gino's? a chain? 160+ stores? partners with D'Angelos subs? sorry... enjoy fb
bubbaboy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 47
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/16 12:03:19 (permalink)
Papa Gino's over Sally's?...I haven't laughed that hard reading a post in a while...The problem with determining which pizza places are overrated is that pizza is so many different things to so many different people...Oh and I can't wait to go to Boston and get "classic thin crust" pizza at Papa Gino's...LOL.
Ram4
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/24 16:17:27 (permalink)
While food discussions are almost always based on opinions, here are a few FACTS followed by opinions:

DEEP DISH pizza is not STUFFED pizza.

DEEP DISH - Pizzeria Uno, Pizzeria Due, Lou Malnati's, Gino's East, Pequod. None of them offer anything called Stuffed pizza. Deep dish is not a thick dough normally. Pizza Hut pan pizza is what I call thick dough.

STUFFED PIZZA - Giordano's, Nancy's, Bacino's, Eduardo's. None of them have deep dish pizza on their menus.
These are the biggest of all, and in my opinion my least favorite of any kind of pizza. They have two layers of dough - deep dish does not.

firecommander3565 said - "Being from Chicago, for 44 years, I can tell you Lou Malnotis, Uno and Due are not frequented by regular Chicagoans. If we want a Great Deep dish, it is from EDWARDO's."

Eduardo's is known for it's Stuffed Pizza, they never had deep dish, and most Chicago pizza eaters know that. Lou Malnati's is always frequented by local Chicagoans. The Lincolnwood location is the #1 location and usually most consistent. Uno and Due are tourist destinations mostly, that is true. Same for Gino's East on Wells and Ontario (the only location that seems to get it right). Malnati's benefits because they are primarily in the suburbs, so the tourists don't go there.

Don't judge a pizza by how it tastes when a frozen one is shipped to you! You shouldn't even judge a pizza when you take it to go. It has to be eaten at the restaurant to really experience it at it's best.

I was never a big Uno or Due fan. They are not in a great location (parking impossible, you have to pay in a garage) and are far from my house. They are also very inconsistent. I had one of the best deep dish pizzas ever at Due once. I've also had lousy ones. One trip will not always be enough. Try to remember that.

Gino's East has a lot of locations, but again, inconsistent at all of them. The one near Uno and Due is the one to try.

Eduardo's, Giordano's, Bacino's - all average. Bland crusts, acidic sauces, just not that good overall. Obviously many people like them, but Eduardo's by my area closed up, so that goes to show you my influence on the area!

As previously mentioned - Pizzeria Uno the chain that all you guys see around the country is NOT Chicago style deep dish pizza. It is horrible pizza, and I can't believe Uno sold out like that.

Chicago has over 1,000 pizza joints and most of them have the real pizza of Chicago - thin crust. The problem with thin crust is that a lot of them are lousy. However, there are still many places that have great thin pizza.

We also have New York style pizzas, but nothing really like New York style. Just like deep dish pizza getting turned into something else entirely out of the city, same thing for New York style. We don't have coal fired ovens anywhere.

Let's also remember that different regions of the country are used to a certain type of dough. The New York style is very elastic and chewy. Some people can't stand that. I like it sometimes. But not all the time.

I like to have a little of everything (thin, deep dish, New York, stuffed-rarely now). There are other variations as well - Pan pizza is similar to deep dish being cooked in a pan coated with oil, but that's where the similarities stop. Pan pizza always has cheese and toppings on top of the sauce and the dough is usually pretty thick. Then you have Sicilian style, Naples style, San Francisco corn meal crust, etc. I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out, but I can't go on forever.

One more fact (so I've read) - Chicagoans eat more pizza than anyone else in the world. I eat it 3-5 times a week!

Jim2903
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 237
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/25 11:43:13 (permalink)
Thank you! It drives me crazy when almost every discussion about Chicago pizza is completely focused on deep-dish or stuffed. Thin-crust -- Vito & Nick's, Rosati's, Aurelio's, Papa Joe's -- is what I grew up eating; I never even had any other kind until I was in my teens.

Jim Dudlicek
Hoffman Estates, IL
(by way of Oak Lawn)
quote:
Originally posted by Ram4

Chicago has over 1,000 pizza joints and most of them have the real pizza of Chicago - thin crust. The problem with thin crust is that a lot of them are lousy. However, there are still many places that have great thin pizza.

Awsi Dooger
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 23
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/31 03:12:36 (permalink)
Pizzeria Uno definitely belongs. Every summer I go to Saratoga and for some reason I'll always stop at an Uno in that area. The pizza is expensive and mostly I'm just trying to get rid of it.

I'm pleased to see Papa John's and DiGiorno's don't seem to be rated highly on this forum. But many of my friends like them and it baffles me. I'd call them overrated if they were rated 4th to last and 5th to last among 100 options.
cornfed
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 344
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/05/31 19:00:48 (permalink)
Joe's on 6th ave. and 3rd st. in Manhattan. Beyond the proximity to the subway, don't understand the overwhelming appeal. Maybe it's the scene.

For a far better street slice, I recommend Bleecker St. Pizza on 7th. Better cheese and sauce. For an artisinal slice made by the DiFara owner's family members, walk a couple blocks down to DeMarco's on Houston. Joe's is kid stuff compared to these two.
Foxyfishy14
Cheeseburger
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/07/06 13:43:53 (permalink)
Hey Bubbaboy and Frank Booth:

GET A LIFE! First of all, I wouldn't wait out in the rain/snow...even good weather conditions for a very long time for any kind of food...my time is much more important than that..and when I pay for any kind of meal..I pay for the whole experience..therefore, the service counts too..and Sally's had horrible service...period. Second of all, you two are obviously going to be "loyal" to the New Haven pizza places because you grew up there! Oh and the reason why I had never heard of New Haven pizza is that I was too busy living my life in Mass...I wasn't a member of the Pizza Police like you are!

I have my opinion..and I'm entitled to it...but I didn't make fun of any of your pizza...I just said I didn't think it was worth all the hype people place on it...oh and guess what...I don't care how long they've been serving it...just because its been around for "GENERATIONS" as you put it doesn't mean it will be pleasing to everyone..so get off your high horse and accept that there are people who are going to disagree with you!

Oh and by the way...I'm so sick of people calling them "apizzas" like you just got off the boat...here in America, its called pizza...just like mozzarella is NOT "mootz." It doesn't make you sound more authentic...just stupid.
JBarry713
Cheeseburger
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/07/07 20:37:11 (permalink)
quote:

GET A LIFE! First of all, I wouldn't wait out in the rain/snow...even good weather conditions for a very long time for any kind of food...my time is much more important than that..and when I pay for any kind of meal..I pay for the whole experience..therefore, the service counts too..and Sally's had horrible service...period. Second of all, you two are obviously going to be "loyal" to the New Haven pizza places because you grew up there! Oh and the reason why I had never heard of New Haven pizza is that I was too busy living my life in Mass...I wasn't a member of the Pizza Police like you are!

I have my opinion..and I'm entitled to it...but I didn't make fun of any of your pizza...I just said I didn't think it was worth all the hype people place on it...oh and guess what...I don't care how long they've been serving it...just because its been around for "GENERATIONS" as you put it doesn't mean it will be pleasing to everyone..so get off your high horse and accept that there are people who are going to disagree with you!

Oh and by the way...I'm so sick of people calling them "apizzas" like you just got off the boat...here in America, its called pizza...just like mozzarella is NOT "mootz." It doesn't make you sound more authentic...just stupid.

Sorry Foxy, but the often overused line "I have my opinion...and I'm entitled to it" goes both ways in this argument. Just as you think that it is not worth waiting in line for pizza or any other food, others (such as Bubbaboy and Frank Booth) have an opinion too and they believe it is worth waiting in line for. Also, you state that you pay for the whole dining experience - not just the food itself. I'll admit that the service at Sally's is not good, but the fact that other people (again, such as Frank Booth and Bubbaboy) are willing to suffer in line and through bad service just for the food makes their opinion on the food more valuable. It's obviously what they care about and, considering that the topic of this thread is "The most overrated pizza?" and not "The most overrated pizza experience" any negative statements about the anything other than the pizza itself are outside the scope of the argument.

Yeah, I understand people may question "why would you wait an hour in line for that pizza?" Well, it is because it is that good. While some people may think judging food is purely subjective in nature, there is an objective degree (e.g. quality of ingredients) to judging food as well - most applicable when judging the same type of food (e.g. pizza). The fact that Sally's has long lines on a daily basis and has been around for generations demonstrates (without the use of mass marketing, like the chains) that it is the quality of the pizza that keep the same people coming back year-after-year. The same cannot be said about Papa Gino's. If you personally like Papa Gino's more - that's fine. However, by implying that Papa Gino's is a superior pizza to Sally's without analysis as to why is a statement with little merit.

I am also shocked that you have never heard of New Haven pizza, giving the fact you live in New England and judging by your posts, seem somewhat passionate about pizza. Maybe you should try to expand you horizons and palate more - there's better pizza out there than Papa Gino's.
eatingteam
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 186
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/07/07 21:40:51 (permalink)
Tacconelli's in Philly is Ok but it takes so long to get a pie that it is tough to enjoy it.

Difara's hands down is the MOST overerated Pizza I have ever traveled for.

Grimaldi's is a little dissapointing but you are going there because it is one the oldest and it is coal oven etc.

Bocci in Buffalo,NY was should also go on this list
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/07/07 22:17:58 (permalink)
quote:

You certainly are entitled to your opinion. And opinions are like recta. Everybody has one. I'm so glad to know that you are sick of people calling tomato pies apizza. Oh,and it's mahtz, not mootz. However, it's really a shame that you seem to have this need to attack the speech of people you obviously consider to be inferior to you -- you know, Italians.

Now, when it comes to sounding stupid ...
Foxyfishy14
Cheeseburger
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/07/08 21:41:02 (permalink)
Ok I would just like to address some things about the people who responded to my post...and then I'm off of this topic...

# 1 I most certainly do NOT think that Italians...or any other group of people are inferior to me...as Michael Hoffman would like to think...in fact I am Italian!

# 2 for the person that thinks I should "expand my horizons" as far as food goes...I experience different foods and different types of cuisines very often...and that doesn't mean I need to stand in line for 2 hours for any of it. I'm sure you don't know everything about every little place in New England known for something...so don't assume that everyone knows about something like New Haven pizza in your town.

JBarry713
Cheeseburger
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2007/07/09 09:10:18 (permalink)
quote:

Ok I would just like to address some things about the people who responded to my post...and then I'm off of this topic...

# 1 I most certainly do NOT think that Italians...or any other group of people are inferior to me...as Michael Hoffman would like to think...in fact I am Italian!

# 2 for the person that thinks I should "expand my horizons" as far as food goes...I experience different foods and different types of cuisines very often...and that doesn't mean I need to stand in line for 2 hours for any of it. I'm sure you don't know everything about every little place in New England known for something...so don't assume that everyone knows about something like New Haven pizza in your town.

No I don't know about "every little place in New England," for you to assume so is ridiculous. The fact is New Haven pizza is aa pretty big deal, places like the Pepe's, Sally's, and Modern are all pretty well-known places. All I'm saying is that you should "expand your horizons" when it comes to pizza, if you think that Papa Gino's makes such a great pizza. It doesn't matter if you trying all different types of food - the thread is about pizza - not "expanding your horizons" with other foods. Lastly if you don't feel like waiting in line long (2 hours is an exaggeration - I've never had to wait more than an hour - if you had to wait for 2 full hours that is an anomaly), then check out Modern Apizza (very good pizza, little if any line).
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10289
RE: The most overrated pizza? 2009/02/19 14:45:50 (permalink)
FrankBooth

[id=quote font="arial, helvetica"]quote: Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

[id=quote font="arial, helvetica"]quote: Originally posted by Janelle79

no surprise, the water is all wrong... many say this is why the pizza in napoli and new haven are the top of the pops- similar water... i don't think new haven is as volcanic as napoli though...

I just made my 3rd and last visit to Pizzeria Bianco. While the pizza menu is limited, The pizza's are just OK. Let's start at the beginning. The building while quaint, is very small with limited seating. I arrived at 5:30PM last night, Wednesday, to put our name in for a table for Six, (Neighbor's B'day party). Was told we couldn't be seated until 8:00PM!!!" /> A 2 1/2 hour wait! If it wasn't for the group occasion, I'm outta dare!  They also have an old historic house next door that they use for a wine bar. Obviously, they want you to wait there, more $$ in the till. They have a very limited snack menu at the wine bar to hold you over. The limited wine list was OK, nothing exceptional. Our bar tab was over $70. (Wine was $8-15 a glass, 2 appetizers). They seated us at 7:55PM. They put two 2X2 ft tables together. We were cramped in and very close to other patrons. IT TOOK 15 MINUTES before a waiter showed up! to take our drink orders. 10 minutes to get our drinks and order 3 pizza's, nothing else. 25 minutes to get the pizza's which were 12" in size, all thin cracker type crusts. When I picked up my first piece, all the ingredients slid off onto the pan! Had to put it back together. The pizza's were sparcely covered with ingredients, nice flavors but not worth the $15 BUCKS each. The bill for six came to just over $70.00 + tip. So between the $70.00 Bar Bill and the $70 Dinner bill we're talking $140 Bucks for essentially 3 pizza's and some wine for 6 people, and the designated driver drank Coke. Not worth the agrivation. They obviously have a GREAT PR Company that excels in creating Hype.
www.pizzeriabianco.com
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1