The newest Poll

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
ScreenBear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: The newest Poll 2006/12/02 01:02:55 (permalink)
I like a little hamburger with my ketchup. But my hot dogs rarely see the red stuff. I prefer mustard, sauerkraut and relish, known as a sweetworks back in my burg.

It's been my observation that ketchup on a hot dog is a culinary proclivity of those under 35. This group also popularized melted cheese on frankfurters. Once in a blue moon, in a sudden unexplainable zany mood, in deference to this crowd, I have a cheese dog with ketchup.
Only problem is, afterwards, for about 12 hours, I can't watch black and white movies.
The Bear
tkitna
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 622
RE: The newest Poll 2006/12/02 02:05:54 (permalink)
I have to have ketchup on my burgers and even my hot dogs. Heck, i'm even guilty of using some A1 sauce with a steak every now and then. Gasp!
Voyageur
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 400
RE: The newest Poll 2006/12/02 02:26:44 (permalink)
At the risk of getting Mr. Hoffman really, really agitated, I put mayo or sometimes Thousand Island dressing on my hamburgers, and am proud of it.
CCJPO
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 520
RE: The newest Poll 2006/12/02 02:30:43 (permalink)
Mikey:

Deer hunting in the rain and snow? My experience of deer hunting in the great Buckeye State, using a shotgun and punkin balls, home of OSU, the number ONE college football team in the land, is that most deer go to the ground in really inclement weather. Or are you one of thos hunters that shoot when there down. Or worse, are you one of those tree stand hunters who just wait for a deer to walk by them while you wait in your tree stand?
jeepguy
  • Total Posts : 1555
RE: The newest Poll 2006/12/02 03:20:01 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:
Originally posted by jeepguy

A little off here, but i was at a big grocery the other day and they had about 10 brands of ketchup. I looked closely, not one was spelled "catsup". Where can i find this stuff? As far as the poll, i thought it was kinda vague. I never put just one condiment on a burger.

http://www.catsupbottle.com/
Even Brook's spells it "ketchup" now. Catsup must be from 50 years ago because i've never seen it in any store.
ynotryme
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 562
RE: The newest Poll 2006/12/02 04:38:32 (permalink)
Hold the lettuce and tomato, just salt and pepper on my hamburger, Thank You. I want to taste the meat not ketchup. I like Ketchup but I use it only when the french frys need it or If I eat scrambled eggs.
doggydaddy
  • Total Posts : 1847
RE: The newest Poll 2006/12/02 07:40:10 (permalink)

Quick notes:

It sure looks like there is ketchup on that beautiful picture and good review of Grover's Bar on the front home page. However, I will put the lettuce and garnish on the bottom of the bun so the juices don't soak through and create a soggy bun.

Somebody mentioned pineapple on burgers in Hawaii. I just came back from Oahu and there are some upscale burger joints with a variety of offerings. I went for a cheeseburger with an over easy fried egg and it was very good. I never tried one before and was pleasantly surprised.

I went to the literary authority on food THE JOY OF COOKING and they list the following things to go on a burger. The order of ingredients is the same for hot dogs.

Tomato ketchup or a ketchup of your choice (Asian style manis?)
Mustard
Green tomato relish
Piccalilli
Chow Chow

There are other burger/hot dog variations listed, but I do get a chuckle that the California burger gets a slice of tomato, red onion and lettuce.

mark
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18259
RE: The newest Poll 2006/12/02 16:12:29 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Voyageur

At the risk of getting Mr. Hoffman really, really agitated, I put mayo or sometimes Thousand Island dressing on my hamburgers, and am proud of it.

You're not getting me agitated. I frequently put mayonnaise on burgers.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18259
RE: The newest Poll 2006/12/02 16:28:02 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by CCJPO

Mikey:

Deer hunting in the rain and snow? My experience of deer hunting in the great Buckeye State, using a shotgun and punkin balls, home of OSU, the number ONE college football team in the land, is that most deer go to the ground in really inclement weather. Or are you one of thos hunters that shoot when there down. Or worse, are you one of those tree stand hunters who just wait for a deer to walk by them while you wait in your tree stand?

During gun seasons I do hunt from a tree stand in the mornings and late afternoons. Stillhunting is for the rest of the day. Waiting for a deer to walk by is a fine way to hunt. It requires a great deal of scouting in order to know where to place your stands, and that requires woodscraft. I prefer stillhunting (I assume you know what that is), but it's not productive when deer are on the move. Rifles, other than muzzleloaders, are not permitted for deer hunting in Ohio, but I usually hunt with handguns, not shotguns. By the way, unless one is hunting with a muzzleloading shotgun "punkin balls" are not permitted. During bow season I always hunt from tree stands. The deer I killed yesterday I killed while stillhunting. The one I killed Wednesday I killed from a ground blind. And the deer I killed on Monday I killed from a tree stand. I have no idea what your problem is with stand-hunting, and I really could not possibly care less. I do, however, care about my name, and it happens to be Michael. You, however, may call me Mr. Hoffman.
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: The newest Poll 2006/12/02 16:34:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:
Originally posted by Voyageur

You're not getting me agitated. I frequently put mayonnaise on burgers.

I would guess not! Thru the FOIA (Freedom of information act for those still living in a cave), Uncle Sam is keeping tabs on what you eat while flying (Hopefully not the gange type of flight)... Stored for the next 40 years... But a well nuked burger with extra mayo? What gives??

Big Ugly Mich
  • Total Posts : 1302
RE: The newest Poll 2006/12/18 14:31:47 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by annpeeples
Apparently Milwfoodlovers is snowed in like the rest of us in S.E.Wisconsin-lots of time on our hands!!!

I KNOW!! It took me an HOUR to dig out, and, exactly one week later, you can see the grass turn green again! Just in time for the Holidays, too! We'll get socked again next week because it's my week to shovel at church.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1