The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The worst Pizza you ever ate!!

Change Page: << < ..111213141516171819 > | Showing page 11 of 19, messages 301 to 330 of 569
Joisey

• Total Posts: 150
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 11/22/06 8:33 AM (permalink)
Ellios (current) frozen pizza slices--not really pizza & they have made them snmaller. Too bad--back in the day Ellios was pretty good. Now it's

louella99p

• Total Posts: 2
    RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 11/27/06 8:24 PM (permalink)
    Piatza's Pizza 1733 Norton St—Rochester, NY 14609 Can count on them to deliver the WORST PIZZA THERE IS The absolute WORST PIZZA I have ever had. I've had napkins that were thicker than this pizza. the staff is extremely rude, 3 out of 4 times that I have ordered from here the orders have been
    wrong. DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM HERE...THEY ARE THE WORST..THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER YOU ARE JUST $$. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THERE AGAIN...THE STAFF IS SO DUMB THAT THEY ACTUALLY WILL
    TELL YOU THAT THE OVENS ARE DIRTY AND DON'T COOK EVENLY.. Oh yeah, they'll be in business for a long time..HAHA

WarrenJersey

• Total Posts: 6
      RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/1/06 4:43 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by wanderingjew

Every pizza place I ate at from October 1992 through January 1996 while I was living in Seattle Washington. Everyone kept giving me suggestions, I kept an open mind, and every pizza joint I went to was Trust Me.....E V E R Y O N E. How can you expect a good pizza place where the owners names are Larson, Nordquist and well...you get my drift. I always said if you go to a Pizza place, and the guy behind the counter looks like Danny De Vito, you're bound to expect something good

EXACTLY! I had the same problem living in Appleton, Wisconsin. I always say that guys in pizzerias should look like Sylvester Stallone and speak with an Italian accent. If they have English or Scandinavian names and appearances, watch out!

WarrenJersey

• Total Posts: 6
        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/1/06 4:47 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by Laughing Goddess

Have to agree with AndyNYC. Domino's and Pizza Hut are amazingly disgusting. I didn't even know it was possible to make bad pizza till I went to the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. I'm from the Brockton, Mass area where good pizza is everywhere. I mean, even the diviest-looking little bar serves great pies.

So, as a freshman at UMASS, living in the dorms, a bunch of us ordered Domino's pizza, and I was shocked. Inedible. I paid money for THIS?! And it was the first time I had ever had pizza from a chain, LOL.

And Tiki's right about avoiding pizza more than 200 miles from the Atlantic -- except for pizza in Chicago, of course!!

Actually, Domino's is not bad if you order the hand-tossed crust, then when you get it, add oregano and garlic salt and heat it in the oven long enough to crisp it up. Not as good as a real Italian pizzeria, but better than Pizza Hut and Papa John's by a long shot.

bigcookies

• Total Posts: 20
          RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 12/13/06 12:31 AM (permalink)
          I would have to say the worst pizza was from Valentino's in Jonesville, NC, it had too much cheese, too little sauce and too thin of a crust and reallllly greasy!!!!!!!!

Texianjoe

• Total Posts: 639
            RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 12/13/06 9:20 AM (permalink)
            I heard a saying once.

"Making pizza is like making love. When it's made right it's wonderfull, and when it's made wrong it's not so bad either."

joe

rsangel

• Total Posts: 1
              RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 12/13/06 9:36 AM (permalink)
              thee worst pizza I ever ate was from our local Domino,s pizza .Their pizza is so tough and their sauce is to spicy

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                • Roadfood Insider
                RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 12/13/06 3:10 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by Texianjoe

I heard a saying once.

"Making pizza is like making love. When it's made right it's wonderfull, and when it's made wrong it's not so bad either."

joe

Yeah but then there is that one pizza........
                A trip to the clinic and then some

All for food poisoning

bigcookies

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sat, 12/16/06 11:30 PM (permalink)
                  I've never had any pizza from the chain restruants that was bad, I mean it's not as good as a pizza from a real pizza restruant, but its good for what it is.

marzsit

• Total Posts: 343
                    RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sun, 12/17/06 4:52 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by bigcookies

I've never had any pizza from the chain restruants that was bad, I mean it's not as good as a pizza from a real pizza restruant, but its good for what it is.

pizza is very difficult to mess up, but some people have very narrow minds and can't get their heads around anything that they don't already know about...

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7399
                      • Roadfood Insider
                      RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sun, 12/17/06 10:02 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by marzsit

quote:
                      Originally posted by bigcookies

pizza is very difficult to mess up, but some people have very narrow minds and can't get their heads around anything that they don't already know about...

Spoken like a true Washingtonian.

Oh, by the way, I completely and totally agree with your line of thinking. Coffee is also very difficult to mess up- Maxwell House and the Coffee you get at one of those little independent Coffee Houses or Espresso stands- SAME THING!!!!

I spent three years in Seattle trying to find Edible Pizza (which by the way shouldn't be made by people named Larson or Nordquist) and ended up being extremely dissapointed time and time again.

Just remember I don't claim that the East Coast has the best Smoked Salmon, please don't even think that Pizza in Seattle is anything close to what you would find here on the east coast- Oh and I've been to the Northlake Tavern and the Pizza there sucked too.

I'm not trying to be mean spirited, I'm just trying to put things in perspective considering I've lived in different parts of the country.

I remember when I told my coworkers in Seattle that I didn't like the local pizza and missed the New York Pizza I grew up with, they replied "pizza is pizza" similar to your response. I replied similarly "coffee is coffee" and they looked at me in aghast! Well, back then to most New Yorkers it was!

CuzinVinny

• Total Posts: 50
                        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/21/06 11:29 PM (permalink)
                        You can go your entire life eating mediocre and even crappy pizza, but it just may take you your entire life to find the perfect one.

Big Dave

• Total Posts: 142
                          RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sat, 12/23/06 7:57 PM (permalink)
                          Speedway stations are offering pizza during the lunch hours. Two slices for 3 bucks looked good on paper. I got two and couldn't get past the first slice. It made school cafeteria, and even Pizza Hut look good. That stuff had no taste and was soggy. Come to think of it, it made McPizza look good.

tater dickens

• Total Posts: 14
                            RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sat, 12/23/06 11:24 PM (permalink)
                            The worst pizza I've ever had was also one of the best. When I lived in Lincoln Nebraska, yes, Lincoln, Nebraska, they had a pizza parlor called Valentino's which had one of the best pizzas I have expreienced (circa 1962-1970). After they sold the franchise and were more intent on expanison and money became the prime reason for being in business the inevitable happened: lousy pizza with under-cooked dough. Although I have fond memories of this pizza when I became an adult and commenced to travel, I experienced Lombardi's, Totannos, Frank Pepe's, Roy's, Sally's, etc., and found out what real pizza is. In addition, I have never taken to Chicago style pizza, as it seems more to me like a casserole rahter than a pizza. Thin crust pizza rules!!

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sat, 12/23/06 11:58 PM (permalink)
                              We have a local son and his parents place that makes some really good food. They do some fantastic subs, pies, cakes and assorted hot foods. They sell the hot foods by the pound. They also do pizzas.

I have and will only bought their pizza 1 time. It was the worst pizza that PP and I have ever eaten.

MikeS.

bigcookies

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 12/27/06 6:42 PM (permalink)
                                I would say the worst pizza I have ate was the little Mr P's pizzas!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!!!

Matt Gleason

• Total Posts: 689
                                  RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Tue, 01/2/07 4:41 PM (permalink)
                                  Domino's. Greasy crust and half cooked toppings!

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1504
                                    RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Tue, 01/2/07 8:13 PM (permalink)
                                    Pizza Hut, in Fairfield, Iowa, 1967.
                                    Don't know if there's still a location there. But I think Pizza Hut has come a long way since. While I think it peaked in quality about 10 years ago, I'm not one of its detractors. I've had worse in several places than what is generally served at Pizza Hut. And I'm from Jersey.
                                    The Bear

DoubleB

• Total Posts: 41
                                      RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Tue, 01/2/07 9:30 PM (permalink)
                                      Some years ago we stopped at a place in Canada. They made me a "pizza", using the term loosely, that was just crust and cheese. NO sauce of any kind. When I asked about sauce I was told that there was ketchup at the end of the counter!

angeltearsmc

• Total Posts: 319
                                        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Tue, 04/3/07 4:06 PM (permalink)
                                        CiCi's pizza sucks, hands down. There is a reason it's so dang cheap for the all-you-can-eat buffet.

I saw someone else mentioned Noble Roman's in Indy... it's a local chain that has all but died out... their pizza wasn't outstanding, but their breadsticks and spicy cheese dip? TO DIE FOR! Every time I go back home to Indy to visit, I always pick some up for lunch one day.

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
                                          RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Tue, 04/3/07 5:19 PM (permalink)
                                          quote:

I remember when I told my coworkers in Seattle that I didn't like the local pizza and missed the New York Pizza I grew up with, they replied "pizza is pizza"
                                          Being a lifelong denizen of the West Coast, both down here and up there, allow me to interpret what they really meant:

"Oh great, not another loud mouthed, pushy, know-it-all former New Yorker telling us how much our pizza sucks and how great theirs is back East, yadda yadda yadda, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. Do these people ever shut the f up about it? Do they actually think we care?" (they don't and we don't)

Ah, but that's what makes them the *cough* lovable rascals they are. That's what makes them irritating former New Yorkers transplanted to the West. Problem is, even *cough* lovable begins to get old after hundreds upon hundreds of them down through the years.

If I was religious I'd say "God bless 'em", but I'm not so I won't.

Rustywolf

• Total Posts: 176
                                            RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 04/13/07 1:29 PM (permalink)
                                            The worst pizza in the land, probably the world, in my opinion, is Domino's — anywhere, any time.

I've eaten it — just once willingly, other times out of politeness to my host or hostess — and I always had this reaction when I taste a slice: This is truly awful. A travesty against pizza.

Why Domino's persists, even prospers, as a blight on the American food landscape is a question for sociologists and, perhaps, philosophers.

bstevens

• Total Posts: 9
                                              RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 04/13/07 1:43 PM (permalink)
                                              The new Noble Roman's off Wilmington Pike and 675 Centerville Oh. Preformed frozen cardboard crusts taken from a plastic bag. The worst.

Rustywolf

• Total Posts: 176
                                                RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 04/16/07 1:00 PM (permalink)
                                                I forgot to add "exorcists" to my last post here. - Rusty

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7399
                                                  • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 04/16/07 1:26 PM (permalink)
                                                  quote:
                                                  Originally posted by enginecapt

quote:

I remember when I told my coworkers in Seattle that I didn't like the local pizza and missed the New York Pizza I grew up with, they replied "pizza is pizza"
                                                  Being a lifelong denizen of the West Coast, both down here and up there, allow me to interpret what they really meant:

"Oh great, not another loud mouthed, pushy, know-it-all former New Yorker telling us how much our pizza sucks and how great theirs is back East.

Yes, both are true.

Can't deny either.

I guess we are loud mouthed and pushy compared to the very polite, but extremely cold and standoffish Seattlites I encountered while there. However it's still also true that the Pizza there really sucked. That's why I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there after one year.

Zenarcade

• Total Posts: 17
                                                    RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 04/16/07 2:03 PM (permalink)
                                                    If the worst pizza you've ever had is from a place like Pizza Hut or Domino's, consider yourself extremely lucky.

Phildelmar

• Total Posts: 790
                                                      RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 04/16/07 2:23 PM (permalink)
                                                      I agree with Screenbear about the Pizza Hut in Fairfield, Iowa. When I was there 1n 71-72, it was awful

dustydog

• Total Posts: 12
                                                        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 04/16/07 2:57 PM (permalink)
                                                        It was in Germany at an Italian restaurant near my base...they put sliced boiled eggs on the pizza....and it tasted like sulfur....they also put sliced boiled eggs in their lasagna....I found a better place a couple of blocks away..no sliced boiled eggs!

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                                          • Location: Live at Saint Clair
                                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                                          RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 04/16/07 4:47 PM (permalink)
                                                          On a trip to Munich, Germany the kids that were travelling with us were craving American food.

So I gave in and we ordered "Pizza" from a local mom and pop shop (The only one who delivered), no PH or or other places.

The kids woofed it down without even tasting it, good thing too. The sauce was a ketchup based atrocity. I ate one piece, excused myself and went down to Der Hofbrau Haus and had some bier and pretzels.

donoiv11

• Total Posts: 2
                                                            • Location: San Antonio, TX
                                                            RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 04/19/07 10:30 PM (permalink)
                                                            Caparelli's - San Antonio Texas...

"Best Pizze in San Antonio" says the sign...

Best off sticking to Taco's and Enchiladas in San Antonio!

"Stuck in San Antonio"

JD

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..111213141516171819 > | Showing page 11 of 19, messages 301 to 330 of 569

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com