The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The worst Pizza you ever ate!!

Change Page: << < ..111213141516171819 > | Showing page 15 of 19, messages 421 to 450 of 569
porkbeaks

• Total Posts: 2202
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 10:05 AM (permalink)
GekkoHQ

The worst pizza I ever had (not ate, I didnt eat it) --- made by me!;-)

A pity, that.   pb

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4486
    RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 11:23 AM (permalink)
    porkbeaks

nocarolina

............ If this is what people in Cincinnati consider to be quality pizza, then they have my deepest sympathies. 

I think there must be something in the chili.   pb

No, only someone who maintains an eternal (and pathetic. and laughable.) 'axe to grind' against Cincinnati chili would conclude that there is a connection between LaRosa's pizza and Cincinnati style chili.

LaRosa's pizza is not good.  But it is far from the worst pizza anyone has ever eaten.

porkbeaks

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 11:31 AM (permalink)
      TJ Jackson

porkbeaks

nocarolina

............ If this is what people in Cincinnati consider to be quality pizza, then they have my deepest sympathies. 

No, only someone who maintains an eternal (and pathetic. and laughable.) 'axe to grind' against Cincinnati chili would conclude that there is a connection between LaRosa's pizza and Cincinnati style chili.

LaRosa's pizza is not good.  But it is far from the worst pizza anyone has ever eaten.

What's really pathetic (and laughable) is your total lack of any sense of humor. Lighten up!  pb

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17851
        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 11:44 AM (permalink)
        porkbeaks

TJ Jackson

porkbeaks

nocarolina

What's really pathetic (and laughable) is your total lack of any sense of humor. Lighten up!  pb

Once you understand that TJ really believes that stuff is chili everything else falls into place.

It's good, and I really like it, but of course it is as much chili as a Carter's Little Liver Pill is a chrysanthemum.

TJ Jackson

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 12:20 PM (permalink)
          porkbeaks

In order to have a sense of humor about this, I'd have to take it that your incessant attacks on these forums over the past several years on cincinnati-style chili were all intended as humor.

but we all know that's not true

so

acting as if your comment was intended as humor at this point is ludicrous.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
            RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 12:23 PM (permalink)
            I got it, and I used to be blonde!!! But I did laugh heartily at the last post....

porkbeaks

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 12:28 PM (permalink)
              TJ Jackson

porkbeaks

In order to have a sense of humor about this, I'd have to take it that your incessant attacks on these forums over the past several years on cincinnati-style chili were all intended as humor.

but we all know that's not true

so

acting as if your comment was intended as humor at this point is ludicrous.

If you accept the definition of ludicrous as "laughably absurd" then that is exactly what my "incessant attacks" amount to. The same could be said of your incessant defense of a dish that ranks pretty low on the food chain. As I said, lighten up.  pb 

TJ Jackson

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 12:34 PM (permalink)
                porkbeaks

If you accept the definition of ludicrous as "laughably absurd" then that is exactly what my "incessant attacks" amount to. The same could be said of your incessant defense of a dish that ranks pretty low on the food chain. As I said, lighten up.  pb 

Whatever. 

The discussion was/is about pizza.  Someone mentions Cincinnati, and **BLAM** you jumped right in to make a snarky remark about Cincinnati-style chili.   Predictable and pathetic.

You take every opportunity to slam this particular dish, and you wonder why I, a Cincinnati resident, do not take offense?

How about --YOU-- lightening up and discovering, oh wow, that this is a regional specialty?  You know, the sort of thing that Roadfood is at it's heart all about?

porkbeaks

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 12:58 PM (permalink)
                  TJ Jackson

porkbeaks

Whatever. 

The discussion was/is about pizza.  Someone mentions Cincinnati, and **BLAM** you jumped right in to make a snarky remark about Cincinnati-style chili.   Predictable and pathetic.

You take every opportunity to slam this particular dish, and you wonder why I, a Cincinnati resident, do not take offense?

How about --YOU-- lightening up and discovering, oh wow, that this is a regional specialty?  You know, the sort of thing that Roadfood is at it's heart all about?

Oh wow! This is a regional specialty, much like lutefisk is to Minnesota. How wonderful! "How Roadfood-like"! However they both suck! jmho, pb 

TJ Jackson

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 1:07 PM (permalink)
                    porkbeaks

Oh wow! This is a regional specialty, much like lutefisk is to Minnesota. How wonderful! "How Roadfood-like"! However they both suck! jmho, pb 

Ah, so the truth comes out

Here you are, an admitted despiser of regional food specialties, on a website specifically geared towards appreciation of regional food specialties.

Why are you even here? 

Just to poop on the party?

Nice

sizz

• Total Posts: 1682
                      RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 1:09 PM (permalink)
                      porkbeaks

nocarolina

Chili...? Chili...? you call that Cincinnati crap chili ??......gezz ..I always thought it was a poor attempt by a Greek immigrant to make a cheep plate of Italian spaghetti....  now you see TJ ...this is humor, I bet even Porkbeaks thinks it's funny.......... 

If the folks in Cincinnati can do that to spagettii you can just imagin what their pizza will taste like..

by the way TJ do you know of any good Chili joints in Dayton or should I go to your  Dayton/Cincinnati page and ask there?

TJ Jackson

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 1:18 PM (permalink)
                        I know very little about Dayton.  I would say you should ask on Russ Jackson's Dayton thread.

Then again, why are you participating on this website, what with it's focus on regional food specialties, when you have no appreciation for a regional food specialty like cincinnati-style chili?

and again, the folks making cincinnati-style chili are not making pizza and vice versa.  No relationship between the two. I am unsure why some of you are having difficulty understanding this.

RedJim64

• Total Posts: 128
                          RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 07/13/09 2:38 PM (permalink)
                          ThrashATL

After a visit to "CiCi's Pizza" chain, I'm inclined to rename it "FeCes Pizza".

Totally agree!

Barbarainnc

• Total Posts: 92
                            Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 08/5/09 4:15 PM (permalink)
                            Got to be Jordano's in Helen, GA  
                            Almost $30.00 for a pizza, 2 salads and 2 teas.  We should have gone to Wendy's or Huddle House and had a better meal!!!!  The crust was one of those premade, just throw on the toppings kind. Yucky!!

geographer

• Total Posts: 139
                              Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 09/7/09 5:04 PM (permalink)
                              The worst pizza I've had in a long time was last month at the Pizza bar on a Carnival cruise.  Dreadful stuff served up 24 hours a day so you could enjoy the pleasures of indigestion anytime of the day or night...

Shara

• Total Posts: 123
                                RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 09/7/09 5:40 PM (permalink)
                                My first Roadfood post ever was in this thread back in 2003 (yeah I don't post much if you've noticed my total count). Anyway I had to laugh when I reread it because who could have predicted I'd end up moving to the very place where I claimed to discover the worst pizza of my life? Yup, just a few years after that post I moved here to Maine, and I must say that the pizza has not improved. So unless it comes from my own kitchen, Maine still serves the worst pizzas I've ever had!

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
                                  RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 09/7/09 5:46 PM (permalink)
                                  I thought you go to Maine for seafood.

Bigapetite

• Total Posts: 54
                                    RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 09/7/09 9:08 PM (permalink)
                                    Back in the sixties I took basic training at Ft. Gordon Georgia. After training was done for the day and we were back at the barracks we used to have a truck come around base that claimed to be selling what they called pizza.
                                    As a New Yorker who missed good ole' N.Y pizza I couldn't wait to try it.
                                    Let me just say this, after that, I never complained about Army food again.
                                    To this day, I have no idea what it was and perhaps the only positive thing I can say about it is that when you laid it down, it didn't move

allyk

• Total Posts: 154
                                      RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 09/7/09 9:32 PM (permalink)
                                      Pizza Hut Pizza Mia a few months back--terrible!

willrun4food

• Total Posts: 13
                                        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 09/9/09 8:12 PM (permalink)
                                        Being that I seldom post here, I'd imagine my opinion is worth...not much. And that might be fair, but I'll give it for what it is worth.

I'm okay with chain pizza, honestly, as long as I know not to expect an amazing expirience. Sometimes - like after, say, a 20mile training run - you want a cheezy grease-bread thing. And in my neck of the woods, the local option is IMO'S. Not exactly the stuff of Roadfood dreams. That said, Domino's is my last, final gun-to-head option; I'll even take Little Caeser's over it. Worst of all though is the aformentioned Imo's. Saltines and tomato paste with an invented type of cheese that no other region will use...that's not pizza, that's sadistic.

sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
                                          RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 09/9/09 8:57 PM (permalink)
                                          A Taste of New York, US1 S.Daytona,FL
                                          Spiros, Big Tree rd, S. Daytona,FL
                                          I think chain pizzas suck, BUT, I'm going to try that cheese stuffed crust pan pizza from Pizza Slut.
                                          $10.99 1 topping down here
                                          I liked the pan pizza years ago.
                                          don't call me a traiter, just trying it,

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1504
                                            RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 09/9/09 11:15 PM (permalink)
                                            I'm  curious just how many times in this thread someone has questioned why one would want to compare bad pizza experiences? I'm personally more interested in a list of good meatloaf encounters, and bemoan this space was not devoted to that. 

The Bear

sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
                                              RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 09/10/09 7:23 PM (permalink)
                                              ScreenBear

I'm  curious just how many times in this thread someone has questioned why one would want to compare bad pizza experiences? I'm personally more interested in a list of good meatloaf encounters, and bemoan this space was not devoted to that. 

The Bear

so start one. I won't contribute because I hate meatloaf

quijote

• Total Posts: 643
                                                RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 09/10/09 9:47 PM (permalink)
                                                The worst pizza I've ever had was at Donato's in Columbus, OH. Flavorless, gummy, skimpy--ugh! A close second was some privately run establishment in northwest Columbus--similar to Donato's, though the sausage itself was tasty.

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1504
                                                  RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sat, 09/12/09 10:02 PM (permalink)
                                                  sk bob

ScreenBear

The Bear

so start one. I won't contribute because I hate meatloaf

Actually, I was being facetious about the meatloaf. Indeed, I like meatloaf well enough...but nowhere near enough to spend any length of time discussing it...unless of course I meet the world's leading authority on it at a party. In such case, I'd have no compunction about availing myself of his wisdom. 

Nope, I return to the gist of my initial inquiry. Why would person after person want to share his/her bad experience(s) , ad nauseam...whether it's about bad encounters of the pizza kind or anything else?  OK. You had a bad pizza. Pick yourself up. Dust yourself off. It's only the 5th inning. You can still win, Winsockie, you can win!

The Bear 

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                                                    RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sat, 09/12/09 10:56 PM (permalink)
                                                    I do it just because I enjoy bitchin' and moanin' about stuff. 

wallyford

• Total Posts: 2
                                                      RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 09/23/09 1:28 PM (permalink)
                                                      Hi, everyone, I am a newbie here, but I enjoyed this thread, so I joined.  I actually just came back from lunch here on West 57th Street in NYC.  I was lamenting a local pizza place I had never tried before, so I googled "worst pizza" and came up with this thread.

My local place, Mariella's on 8th Avenue & 57th Street, was too busy today, so I walked down 8th Avenue to Luigi's.  It may not be the worst pizza I've ever had, but in NY we expect a certain kind of pizza and Luigi's ain't it.

I think the worst I've ever had was Domino's - hands down.  It's like buying a pre-fab house and thinking you got a mansion.  Too much salt (I got a kick out of the poster who said Dominos isn't so bad if you get the blah, blah and put garlic salt on it - what, are you trying death by sodium?), the crust is something for people who just love eating soda crackers and the toppings range from the bland to the ridiculous.

So, criticizing chains is too easy, they mostly suck, but I find most smaller places aren't bad so long as they actually make their dough every day and use decent ingredients.

I grew up near Chicago and hated pizza until I came to NY.  Deep dish "pizza" is an aberration.

I also like the Providence-style pies, for which even cheese is an add-on.

Cheers,
                                                      Wally

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
                                                        • Location: Sardinia, OH
                                                        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 09/23/09 1:46 PM (permalink)
                                                        I have been hearing more and more that you have to be careful where you get your pizzas from in NY.  At least it is not as bad as in SW Ohio - where most of the pizza is Dominoesque.
                                                        <message edited by NYPIzzaNut on Wed, 09/23/09 4:40 PM>

Billfish

• Total Posts: 397
                                                          • Location: Georgetown, DE
                                                          RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 09/23/09 4:37 PM (permalink)
                                                            Just by way of being equitable,I am almost certain that Domino's made some major,major recipe changes since the mid 80's.It was never the best pizza in town or even close,but I seem to remember it actually had some (real) cheese on it,the crust had flavor (even if not great flavor) and the toppings were at least identifiable.
                                                            I say "almost certain" because I dont have a Dr Brown DeLorean to go pick one from the 80s up,and they dont have one to deliver one to me for present day comparison purposes..Although I did like their 30 minute or free guaranty,until too many deliverers started getting killed or killing other folks.
                                                            Oh Wow,i just realized I was mashing up time-travel with a 30 minute pizza delivery guarantee.I got to be careful I dont rip the time-space continuum asunder.

<message edited by Billfish on Wed, 09/23/09 6:30 PM>

Slim Strummer

• Total Posts: 233
                                                            • Location: Lexington, MA
                                                            RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Wed, 09/23/09 4:57 PM (permalink)
                                                            The kids pizza at the Uno's at the Burlington Mall (MA).  A frozen disc of some form of soggy cracker with ketchup and american cheese glopped on top.  All of the toppings slipped off with every bite revealing the hideous ingredients.  The alleged "deep dish" pie there wasn't much better.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..111213141516171819 > | Showing page 15 of 19, messages 421 to 450 of 569

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com