The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The worst Pizza you ever ate!!

Change Page: << < ..111213141516171819 | Showing page 19 of 19, messages 541 to 569 of 569
lapp

• Total Posts: 2
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Tue, 12/21/10 3:25 PM (permalink)
Today we put out our top ten pizza places in America on worstpizza , do you agree with any of them? 

dimmie2

• Total Posts: 238
    Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 1:16 PM (permalink)
    Pizza Hut is hands down the worst pizza I've ever eaten.

Never had Papa John's even though some folks rave about it.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6081
      Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 2:22 PM (permalink)
      dimmie2

Papa John's is NOT good pizza,by any definition of the word...it is dominos,pizza hut etc quality....those people who RAVE must also eat at McDonalds etc.......or don't live near a real Italian pizzeria. Send them to New York or Connecticut!!!

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
        Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 2:33 PM (permalink)
        leethebard

dimmie2

Papa John's is NOT good pizza,by any definition of the word...it is dominos,pizza hut etc quality....those people who RAVE must also eat at McDonalds etc.......or don't live near a real Italian pizzeria. Send them to New York or Connecticut!!!

.....or to Troni's Restaurant and Pizzeria in Kettering, OH.........

mar52

• Total Posts: 7599
          Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 7:02 PM (permalink)
          Guess none of you have ever had a Nutrisystems pizza.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17837
            Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 7:25 PM (permalink)
            Try adding some olive oil, dried oregano and some red pepper flakes.

mar52

Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 7:56 PM (permalink)
              I think that's what I'll have tonight.  Thanks!

Michael Hoffman

Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 8:07 PM (permalink)
                Well, it'll sure beat my roast beef and kishka sandwich.

You haven'tlived till you've had kishka with horseradish sauce.
                <message edited by Michael Hoffman on Fri, 12/24/10 8:11 PM>

mar52

Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 8:18 PM (permalink)
                  I'll trade you for my pizza.

Michael Hoffman

Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 8:22 PM (permalink)
                    Too late.

mar52

Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 8:27 PM (permalink)
                      Oh Drat.

Michael Hoffman

Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 8:28 PM (permalink)
                        Merry Christmas. Eat a turkey instead.

mar52

Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/24/10 8:34 PM (permalink)
                          Merry Christmas to you, too.

I probably could eat a turkey.

bartl

• Total Posts: 1208
                            Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sun, 12/26/10 12:03 AM (permalink)
                            Michael Hoffman

Well, it'll sure beat my roast beef and kishka sandwich.

You haven'tlived till you've had kishka with horseradish sauce.

OK, I'm starting a new thread (in the side dishes forum).

Bart

dimmie2

• Total Posts: 238
                              Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 12/27/10 11:01 AM (permalink)
                              I don't think she could do anything to make a nutrisystem's burger taste good.  It looks horrid.

I had Shakey's Pizza once.  It was worse than Pizza Hut.

Dragon Dog

• Total Posts: 147
                                RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 11:11 AM (permalink)
                                I live in Mesa, Arizona...WAY more than 350 miles from the Atlantic. I used to live in NJ, so I am very particular about my Pizza. I found two (count 'em...2) places here locally that make me feel like I'm sittin' in a pizza place in NY when I have their pizza. One is Ray's Pizza (yes...from the NY chain) here in Mesa and the other is a small place in Scottsdale called "Rome's". Both are pretty AWESOME!!. Worst Pizza I ever had was pretty much ANY pizza from Payson Arizona. They ALL tasted like frozen pizza...YUCK!!

leethebard

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 11:17 AM (permalink)
                                  Hey Dragon Dog, is RED DEVIL PIZZA still in Phoenix.?..An Uncle owned it in the 60's and beyond...Lost touch with that side of the family...but they were very Italian and made a great pizza...don't know if it's still around or still family owned, but it's worth a check!!

Dragon Dog

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 11:21 AM (permalink)
                                    leethebard: Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out and let you know.

leethebard

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 11:26 AM (permalink)
                                      Good luck and let me know...I'm not sure, but it might have been called The Red Devil...sold pasta and other Italian! Old timers would know of it and it's address.It was very popular then,,,and almost the only Pizza game in town back then.....I think the owner's name in the 60's was Joe. Im curious. Let me know. Happy New Year!

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
                                        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 1:10 PM (permalink)
                                        leethebard

Hey Dragon Dog, is RED DEVIL PIZZA still in Phoenix.?..An Uncle owned it in the 60's and beyond...Lost touch with that side of the family...but they were very Italian and made a great pizza...don't know if it's still around or still family owned, but it's worth a check!!

Hey Lee, Is this you family?

Dragon Dog

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 1:13 PM (permalink)
                                          I just got a few minutes from work to do a little research and here is what I found out: It is now called "Red Devil Italian Restaurant and Pizza". There are 4 of them here in the Valley - Phoenix, Tempe, and Glendale area...none here in Mesa yet. They have a website - www.reddevilrestaurant.com and I believe it may be the one you are talking about because the web site says "Family owned since 1960".

Now that I know where they are, I'll have to go and give them a try!! Thanks again for the tip! Have a GREAT New Year!

I just visited the web site and noticed that the one on Southern Ave in Tempe is in "Red Devil Shopping Mall"...the same mall that has a favorite hobby shop of my husband and myself. Next time we go to that hobby shop, I'll have to stop in the restaurant.
                                          <message edited by Dragon Dog on Thu, 12/30/10 1:18 PM>

Dragon Dog

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 1:24 PM (permalink)
                                            joerogo: Sorry, I didn't see your post before I did mine. Looks like we both found the same Red Devil Restaurant.

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
                                              RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 1:39 PM (permalink)
                                              Dragon Dog

joerogo: Sorry, I didn't see your post before I did mine. Looks like we both found the same Red Devil Restaurant.

Hey Dragon Dog, I wish I could be trying the pizza instead of posting about it

Hope you enjoy the place.  Let us know. 

Dragon Dog

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 2:43 PM (permalink)
                                                I'll let you all know how it is. Maybe we'll go over there this weekend.

J9

leethebard

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 8:57 PM (permalink)
                                                  joerogo

leethebard

Hey Lee, Is this you family?

Thanks guys...yes that's the family...Joe Digino was the brother of my Uncle Dan's wife...This Joe must be his son...We last ate there in 1963....since they weren't blood relatives or close to my dad, we only went a few times, but I remember loving the pizza....If you guys go say ,"Hi" I'm the nephew of "Uncle Dan", Joe's brother!!!

leethebard

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 9:10 PM (permalink)
                                                    Guys, I just had fun looking at the web site. I don't remember the original location...or if any of these locations is the original...the Red Devil in 1963 was much more like an east coast pizza joint. One thing I remember clearly was their pasta came from Italy.Joe told my dad and I that....and at 17, I remember saying to him, "That's something special. Why don't you advertise that fact?" He said he'd think about it. Not too many places would have had Italian pasta back in '63. Wish I was back in the Valley of the Sun to relive old memories....
                                                     Hope you go and hope the pizza is as good as it was in '63. I remember my dad saying it was hard to find pizza in Phoenix in those days and good pizza was almost impossible. He said Joe's was special...and I found out he was right.Dying to know what you think. Tell them I'm John and Irene's son,Leon(but don't any of you ever call me THAT!
                                                                                                   Lee

leethebard

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Thu, 12/30/10 9:36 PM (permalink)
                                                      By the way,Dragondog,the DiGinos came from New Brunswick, Nj..moved to Phoenix and opened the Red Devil...so there IS a New Jersey pedigree there!!!!

Dragon Dog

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 12/31/10 1:17 PM (permalink)
                                                        Hey Lee...New Brunswick, eh?...Hubby and I moved here in 1999 from Spotswood (right near East Brunswick and Old Bridge). Holy cow...what a small world!! If/When I go there I will certainly remember to tell them you said "hi". Lots of GREAT Pizza came out of New Brunswick. A few years back, we went to a small pizza place in Tempe called "Greasy Tony's"...Yep...it was the very same "Greasy Tony" that my hubby used to go to as a teenager in New Brunswick. Unfortunately, Tony took ill a few years ago and had to close his place. Never did find out how he made out. Hope all is well with him.

Chic@go Dogz

• Total Posts: 15
                                                          • Location: Chicago, IL
                                                          RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sat, 04/2/11 12:12 PM (permalink)
                                                          Worst Pizza here in Chicago that I've eaten was from a place on Diversey and Central Park called "Little Clown Pizza", The Pizza sauce was greesy, the crust was garlic-e-like in a bad way. I've eaten better Pizza from Aldi's Supermarket, than this one.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                            Change Page: << < ..111213141516171819 | Showing page 19 of 19, messages 541 to 569 of 569

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                            • No New Messages
                                                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                            • Read Message
                                                            • Post New Thread
                                                            • Reply to message
                                                            • Post New Poll
                                                            • Submit Vote
                                                            • Post reward post
                                                            • Delete my own posts
                                                            • Delete my own threads
                                                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com