The worst Pizza you ever ate!!

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 19
Author
bottom-dragger
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2005/08/07 18:44:43 (permalink)
we were in crete and it wasn't an awful pizza, just an interesting experience. tried to gage the size to see if it was an individual size or not. all the waiter would say is "six pieces". is it the size of a plate? "six pieces" is it sized for one? "six pieces".

and it had pickles on it.

fortunately swmbo makes a mean grilled 'za.
steve328is
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2005/08/09 21:09:37 (permalink)
The worst I've ever had (I didn't eat it) was in France. It had three sunny-side-up eggs on it, plus french fries and ketchup. I thought I was ordering a pepperoni pizza....
Jimeats
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3175
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2005/08/29 20:13:28 (permalink)
The worst pizza I've had so far was at the Gedunk, frozen crust right out of the box put sauce on the box and it might have tasted better. Why don't they call it Pizza Gravey just a thought.Chow Jim
lilbuddypizza
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 13
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2005/09/07 07:57:19 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by tfrielin

Originally posted by Route 11

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<div style="border: 1px #999999 solid; background-color: #DCDCDC; padding: 4px;">Originally posted by KimChee43

OCDREAMR: Wow! I'd forgotten all about that Chef Boyardee pizza mix.

Chef Boyardee mixes were indeed mediocre. But on the other hand, Kraft Pizza mixes were great! They had that herb packet that really made it taste great--the cheese pizza mix was better than the sausage.

Kraft Pizza Mixes disappeared in the late '80s from US supermarkets and I e-mailed Kraft Foods who confirmed they were no longer making them.

But what they didn't tell me was they are still being marketed in Canada! If you want a Kraft Piza Mix, go to Canadian Favourites website and you can order them. Trust me--they do taste as good as they did in the '60s!

I am glad to hear that the Canadian Kraft pizza is still the same. I loved that taste. That herb mix kicked it up a notch. I was recently disappointed with another 60's-70's favorite-Appian Way. The sauce is now orange and gel-like----as if there were corn starch in it.
tfrielin
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 440
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2005/09/07 08:20:27 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by lilbuddypizza

quote:
Originally posted by tfrielin

Originally posted by Route 11

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<div style="border: 1px #999999 solid; background-color: #DCDCDC; padding: 4px;">Originally posted by KimChee43

OCDREAMR: Wow! I'd forgotten all about that Chef Boyardee pizza mix.

Chef Boyardee mixes were indeed mediocre. But on the other hand, Kraft Pizza mixes were great! They had that herb packet that really made it taste great--the cheese pizza mix was better than the sausage.

Kraft Pizza Mixes disappeared in the late '80s from US supermarkets and I e-mailed Kraft Foods who confirmed they were no longer making them.

But what they didn't tell me was they are still being marketed in Canada! If you want a Kraft Piza Mix, go to Canadian Favourites website and you can order them. Trust me--they do taste as good as they did in the '60s!

I am glad to hear that the Canadian Kraft pizza is still the same. I loved that taste. That herb mix kicked it up a notch. I was recently disappointed with another 60's-70's favorite-Appian Way. The sauce is now orange and gel-like----as if there were corn starch in it.

Yes, Appian Way Pizza mixes were, and still are, at the bottom of the boxed pizza mix food chain. Taste and quality of ingredients were always questionable. What was in that mix?

Sad thing is, you can still get them, last time I checked, from the Home Town Favorites web site. Ahh, the wonders--and mysteries--of web shopping!

Buy one only for a '60s bad acid trip flashback type of experience.

For a good experience, stick to Kraft.
philh2o
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/01/09 18:53:18 (permalink)
I was looking forward to trying "The Oven, Pizza y Vino" in the new Belmar "village-within-a-city" (Denver). After getting great reviews on the food as well as the lineage/experience of the owner, the idea of getting a good, thin-crust pizza had me salivating.

Alas, what I got instead was some sauce and cheese on what amounted to a burnt cracker. Thin? You bet -- including the crust, sauce, cheese it couldn't have been more than a quarter-inch tall. The raw basil leaf placed in top literally doubled the height.

I'm not sure what the draw here is, but somebody has got to get a handle on the ovens, the timing or both. Should have known better than to hope for quality thin pie while mile high.

Oh well, back the ridiculous "Mountain Pies" at Beau Jo's.
ScreenBear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/01/09 21:51:31 (permalink)
The worst pizza I ever had was in college, Fairfield, Iowa, late 1960s. It was at the Pizza Hut. The consistency and taste of the crust was somewhere between a soda cracker and white bread.

The sauce and cheese were to sauce and cheese what the soda cracker/white bread crust was to crust. I wondered if they were serious. It was kind of sad. Even sadder, it was better than our cafeteria food.

The independent pizzeria owner in town, which made a somewhat better product, for some reason or another cut his pie into diamond-shaped pieces.

Pizza Hut has changed considerably. In fact, I think they make a good pizza now.
The Bear
octopus
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 264
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/01/16 15:33:45 (permalink)
non frozen, is Pizza Hut on almost any given day.
baughman
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 116
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/01/18 19:13:55 (permalink)
Worst pizza I have every had. Easily the Pizza Tower in mason Ohio. tried it 3 times thinking it was a fluke first two times but def. the third time I realised the sauce tastes like someone wizzed in it. I dont no if they let it ferment or somethen , but the stuff is terrible. Hope that isnt to harsh figured wizz wasnt to bad lol.
danimal15
  • Total Posts : 1092
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/02/03 12:12:18 (permalink)
Has anyone mentioned Chuck. E. Cheese's yet? (I didn't want to scan through all 9 pages of this thread). I was there last night because it was my son's 6th birthday and he wanted to go. The pizza looked and tasted awful. Way too salty, with a mushy crust. I took one bite and headed to the salad bar, which thankfully, was somewhat edible (if you like iceberg lettuce).
vegas
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 82
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/02/03 13:23:21 (permalink)

i have a new winner . . . the pizza bar on the cruise ship MSC Lirica . . . god-awful, and its an Italina boat
Big Dave
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 142
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/02/03 21:40:44 (permalink)
I thought I'd update. It's been almost five years since I relocated and to this day, haven't gone near a Pizza Hut. School cafeteria pizza was like drywall and Ragu and something that passed off as cheeze. That fast food jernt with the arches and their McPizza... McBLECCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I do like Donato's. Domino's had a pan pizza at one time which I liked. These two places are the only ones (to my knowledge of the chains) that offer anchovies. I've not tried any of the indies yet. There was a place in Warren, Ohio (long defunct). Leo's had great pizza. It was nice and greasy (that added flavor). The father retired and the son moved the business and made it like an upscale place. The original was like a stop and rob. You could get pizza, sandwiches (made on site to order), beer, lottery and smokes. It had a counter if you wanted to eat in.

As far as THE worst pizza... My late father picked up a frozen pizza at the Valu King (absorbed by the Giant Eagle monopoly in NE Ohio). It was literally a pizza in a cellophane wrapper, possibly made at the distributor. It made McPizza look good. He even hated it, but his heart was in the right place.
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/02/09 21:02:40 (permalink)
The pizza I just got the other night at Pat's Pizza in Yarmouth,ME.
I had a coupon for a freebie, and since I frequent the bar there, and eat other items, I thought I would give it a whirl.
Pizza crust had little holes in the bottom, like an oversized ritz cracker. According to their litenay on the menu, they supposedly make their own crust.I guess they have little elves wearing golf cleats running around back in the kitchen.

Blah, I will stick with the sandwiches. Steak and cheese and onion with hot pepper relish...
One thing though, they dont use fryers. FF, wings, etc are baked in the oven, and I do like their wings. Tiny little things though.
wallhd
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 426
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/02/09 22:11:09 (permalink)
The worst pizza I ever ate?

I guess it would have to be a pizza from the local Dominos about a year ago. It didn't even look like pizza!

WHD
sizz
  • Total Posts : 1685
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/02/10 00:40:40 (permalink)
MandalayVA
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 367
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/02/11 13:18:35 (permalink)
Easy for me--Mario's in Berea, KY. Despite the Italian name. The sauce was KETCHUP.

Chains--Papa John's. Ironically (or perhaps not) also based in Kentucky.

lennonlover2005
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 62
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/02/23 22:13:54 (permalink)
Domino Pizza sucks....and I am in Ann Arbor where the national headquarters is. The fried egg thing on a pizza is a European thing. My family had pizza with fried egg in the former Yugoslavia...tasted good but looked weird. I had pizza in London...OMG...bad!
Marc4022
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 41
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/03/16 13:45:11 (permalink)
Seems to me if a pizzeria can't produce something better than frozen pizza, it should shut down.

DO YOU HEAR ME CHUCK E CHEESE ???????
AMia0402
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/03/27 22:27:54 (permalink)
Easy - worst pizza I've had recently is Mario's in Milford, CT (where Legend's used to be and next to Chili's). The sauce was gummy and the crust tasted like cardboard. What a disappointment!
Kayleigh
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 73
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/03/27 22:52:07 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Marc4022

Seems to me if a pizzeria can't produce something better than frozen pizza, it should shut down.

DO YOU HEAR ME CHUCK E CHEESE ???????

No one ever called it a pizzeria.
Clue me in if that's changed.
I haven't even seen a ChECh is 15 yrs.
All I remember are the kid's parties.
Everyone had fun. A party place.
It was never about the pizza, but about the kids.
Are you saying it's now "pizzeria" ?
I have never heard of an amusement park called a pizzeria.

John A
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4295
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/03/30 07:56:56 (permalink)
Papa John's. We ordered a couple for the office, after one bite we all looked at each other and tossed them out. Terrible!

John
propertydamage
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/07/15 20:37:34 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by vequinox

Mineo's is probably the best. They are located in the Squirrel Hill section of Pittsburgh, they also have a branch out in the suburb of Mt Lebanon. -WanderingJew

Here is a link to your beloved
Mineo's http://www.mineospizza.com/
I am going to check it out again tonight
so which style of Pizza do they specialize in??
I will let you know how it goes!!

Just so you have it straight the Mineo's Pizza that is in Mt. Lebanon is only related in name to the Mineo's in Squirell Hill.

salsailsa
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 405
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/07/15 23:58:42 (permalink)
Pizza Hut in Selkirk, Manitoba without a doubt. I had it years ago and have NEVER eaten at a Pizza Hut since.
DavidEMartin
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 173
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/07/18 01:54:21 (permalink)
The worst pizza I ever had was in 1978 at Louis Pasteur's in Iowa City. My roommate Bruce and I decided to try the place for dinner. They were supposed to have great pizza, we were feeling daring.... we ordered the Shrimp Pizza.
It should have worked. I mean, we like shrimp, we like pizza, cocktail sause isn't that different from pizza sauce.
But what we got smelled odd. I kept thinking of aged prostitutes. We were stuck with it, though, and being two starving college kids, managed to get through the thing.
But Bruce was still razzing me about it years later.

When I was a high schooler and college freshman, I was enamored of the pizza slabs sold to school cafeterias-- a roughly 3"x7" soft crust topped with cheese substitute and soy sausage. I'd probably hate the things now.

During a bout of desperation, I worked at a Domino's in Cedar Rapids IA for a few months (until my car failed from the stresses of delivery). You can tell Domino's was a pizza chain owned by an Irishman. No seasonings. If you were brought blindfolded inot a Domino's you'd never know it becasue there was no trace of pizza in the air. How the hell do you make a pizza with no aroma???? AND WHY???????
(By the way, Domino's had the only employee instruction videos I've ever seen that ordered employees to lie when asked about their jobs or anything connected to it. And employees learned on their own to lie to their car insurers, because delivering for Domino's was a sure way to get your policy cancelled. Oh, and if you got robbed, you got fired.)
danimal15
  • Total Posts : 1092
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/07/20 15:35:50 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by DavidEMartin

The worst pizza I ever had was in 1978 at Louis Pasteur's in Iowa City. My roommate Bruce and I decided to try the place for dinner. They were supposed to have great pizza, we were feeling daring.... we ordered the Shrimp Pizza.
It should have worked. I mean, we like shrimp, we like pizza, cocktail sause isn't that different from pizza sauce.
But what we got smelled odd. I kept thinking of aged prostitutes. We were stuck with it, though, and being two starving college kids, managed to get through the thing.
But Bruce was still razzing me about it years later.

When I was a high schooler and college freshman, I was enamored of the pizza slabs sold to school cafeterias-- a roughly 3"x7" soft crust topped with cheese substitute and soy sausage. I'd probably hate the things now.

During a bout of desperation, I worked at a Domino's in Cedar Rapids IA for a few months (until my car failed from the stresses of delivery). You can tell Domino's was a pizza chain owned by an Irishman. No seasonings. If you were brought blindfolded inot a Domino's you'd never know it becasue there was no trace of pizza in the air. How the hell do you make a pizza with no aroma???? AND WHY???????
(By the way, Domino's had the only employee instruction videos I've ever seen that ordered employees to lie when asked about their jobs or anything connected to it. And employees learned on their own to lie to their car insurers, because delivering for Domino's was a sure way to get your policy cancelled. Oh, and if you got robbed, you got fired.)

I won't even ask you how you know what an aged prostitute smells like!
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2883
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/07/22 11:42:06 (permalink)
Tried a little joint in Flowery Branch, Georgia last night - Napoli's. Oordered 4 pies and a few calzones. Very disappointing. The toppings were fair, and that was to be as good as it gets. The sauce was tasteless and so watery, it soaked the crust. The crust, both from lack of proper cooking technique and the runny sauce was so soft, you could almost wring it out. Crisp crust stands straight out when pulled out from the pie. This stuff dropped straight down - what a mess and disappointment. The calzones weren't much better.
billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2391
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/07/22 20:14:12 (permalink)
My vote for the absolute WORST pizza in the world was one I had when I was 14 years old from a now forgotten pizza place in my hometown of Rome, NY. It was a large cheese pizza that my mom and I had ordered. I bit into it and "something crunched". I pulled it out of my mouth and it was someone's PRESS-ON NAIL that must have fallen off of their finger when they were making the pizza. It was a blue background with a moon and stars on it. I am haunted to this very day!
billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2391
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/07/22 20:18:29 (permalink)
Oh, and my runner-up is the shrimp and arugula pizza I ordered not 6 months ago from a place in NYC called the Amish Market. They delivered it, and something looked off with the arugula. They hadn't washed it! It had large grains of sand still on it. I called them and said someone had to come back and return my money because I wasn't in the habit of eating "dirty pizza". They gave my my money back and the delivery guy tried to return the tip, but I gave him a few extra (not his fault he had to go out of his way). Please, wash your produce!! No telling where its been before it got to you.
garryd451
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 705
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/07/22 21:10:18 (permalink)
The worst pizza I ever had was at Mister's Moo's in South Bend Indiana in 1978. Above eight guys that I worked with went went bar hopping and then out for pizza to say goodbye to a long time c0-worker. One of the persons in our party said "I know qa place that a woman I went to school with, years ago, that suoppose to have great pizza.

We got to the place, it was busy but We had no problem getting a table for nine. Just as We got started eating the pizza, the lady owner that went to school stopped by tabel, We hadn't had time yet to comment to each other how bad the pizza was. The lady commented to her former classmate, We are told by many of our customers that We have the best pizza in South Bend up at her and said if this is the best I sure don't want to taste the worst pizza in Sotuh Bend!

The sauce had a very funny taste to it, almost like it had turned sour, the crust was thin but very, very chewy, very little cheese and meat on it,and onionsand peppers on it were raw!
WVHillbilly
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 406
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2006/07/22 21:17:57 (permalink)
Back in the early 90s my son and I were camping on Manitoulin Is., ON. He was a pizza fanatic and about 10 yrs old at the time. We heard that there was a restaurant in Providence Bay that made pizza, so one evening we took off across the island. It probably wasn't as bad as a chefboyardee form the box, but the pepperoni was sliced summer sausage type of thing, the crust was biscuit mix and the sauce was like mashed tomatos.
We were hungry and ate it and I believe we enjoyed it ok, so it wasn't inedible. . . but then again, it was probably wasn't as good as some of the pies the previous posters here have called "inedible" such as Dominos, Pizza Hut or Papa John's.
I understand that a lot of people are very persnikity about what they eat (not me though, I'll eat anything that won't hurt me) but really, are all you people that taste sensitive or are you just trying to be dramatic?
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 19
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1