Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The worst Pizza you ever ate!!

Change Page: 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 1 of 19, messages 1 to 30 of 569
pdxeats

• Total Posts: 16
The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 1:55 AM (permalink)
the worst pizza I ever ate has got to be the Pizza at Ceder Point amusement park in Ohio.
So we ordered this pizza at this beer garden 'cause I wanted beer.
I use to think...it is impossible to make a really bad pizza.
this Pizza was so tasteless and so much so it was not edible
I was putting ketchup and brown german style mustard on it just to give it flavor!!
We couldn't finish it .....it was sooooo baad that we ended pitching it out. (and I will eat just about anything)
That was 3 years ago....
My partner and I still joke about it today
Have you ever had a simular experience???

Lone Star

• Total Posts: 1730
    RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 9:41 AM (permalink)
    Chuck E. Cheese

KimChee43

• Total Posts: 382
      RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 10:34 AM (permalink)
      WORST PIZZA (CHAIN) I'VE EVER TASTED: Rocky Rococco's

WORST PIZZA (PRIVATELY OWNED) I'VE EVER TASTED: A pizza parlor in a northern Minnesota town. The sauce was too sweet; the sausage was terrible.

WORST REGION FOR PIZZA (IN MY OPINION): The North Woods region of the USA (northern Wisconsin, northern Minnesota). The cheese on the pizzas is usually superb. I have yet to come across a place (privately owned) that makes a decent crust and uses a tasty Italian sausage topping. Sauce can be a mixed bag.

Mayhaw Man

• Total Posts: 589
        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 11:03 AM (permalink)
        I once ate a pizza, made by my brother (a well known joker) that included catfood and bloodbait. Fortunately, it smeled so bad I didn't get any further than the smell before he started laughing and gave away the joke. We did, however, let it cool and fed it to my youngest brother. Much like the famous Mikey, he will eat anything

jpatweb

• Total Posts: 232
          RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 11:24 AM (permalink)
          I spent a day in communist East Berlin in the mid-80s. Against my better judgement, and only because I couldn't find any food elsewhere, I joined a breadline-like queue at a streetside kiosk that was rumored to be selling pizza. After much waiting, I finally reached the window, completed a very awkward transaction involving East German marks, and was handed a limp, wan slice of something that smelled like wet cardboard. I assumed that the red blotches on the pie were some sort of sauce, and as for the origins of the cheese--who knows? Out of curiousity I took one small nibble, confirmed that it was as bad as it looked, and tossed the thing away.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7382
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 11:45 AM (permalink)
            Every pizza place I ate at from October 1992 through January 1996 while I was living in Seattle Washington. Everyone kept giving me suggestions, I kept an open mind, and every pizza joint I went to was Trust Me.....E V E R Y O N E. How can you expect a good pizza place where the owners names are Larson, Nordquist and well...you get my drift. I always said if you go to a Pizza place, and the guy behind the counter looks like Danny De Vito, you're bound to expect something good

CoreyEl

• Total Posts: 156
              RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 11:58 AM (permalink)
              Another vote for Chuck E. Cheese. I think the cardboard it was on would have tasted better. Second worst would have to be what I grabbed in the food court at O'Hare. It was covered with a substance that looked like spinach, and reminded me of its presence for the rest of the day.

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3552
                RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 1:14 PM (permalink)
                Jeno's Pizza Rolls!

ocdreamr

• Total Posts: 1109
                  RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 2:15 PM (permalink)
                  chef boy-ar-dee's from the box in the late 50's! The really bad thing was we had nothing to compare it to so we thought it should taste like that! Put me off pizza until the early 70's.

KimChee43

• Total Posts: 382
                    RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 4:50 PM (permalink)
                    OCDREAMR: Wow! I'd forgotten all about that Chef Boyardee pizza mix. That was the only kind of "homemade" pizza my mom ever made for us! She always bought the "sausage pizza" mix--you know, the mix where the sausage was incorporated into the sauce. The only cheese she put on it was what came with the mix...some kind of dried Parmesan. But, we ate it, and we actually liked it. Whenever the folks would splurge on a pizza from our local pizza parlor, it was a real event!

gatorbreath

• Total Posts: 105
                      RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 5:24 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by ocdreamr

chef boy-ar-dee's from the box in the late 50's! The really bad thing was we had nothing to compare it to so we thought it should taste like that! Put me off pizza until the early 70's.

I concur on chef boy-ar-dee. Only pizza I met but never ate. Though I was very young I remember after Mom made it we gave it away to the meighbors just because it smelled like "poots".

Mgood

• Total Posts: 10
                        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 6:01 PM (permalink)
                        I would have to vote for Domino's in late 70's. We were in a hotel with kids and came back from the horse show starving & ordered Domino's. The cardboard would have tasted better. Finally went to local one in area a year ago because they had really good coupon. I was surprised-it was actually pretty good. I love their cinnadots.

BigGlenn

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 6:33 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by Lone Star

Chuck E. Cheese

Sorry Mr Star.......I have to disagree, The Chuck E. Cheese's Supreme Pizza here in Lakewood and Cerritos California are great!! I have 4 kids and frequent Chuck's Place for Birthday Party's about every other month. Plus free refill's on the drinks. We use to share plates on the Salad Bar until we got busted by Chucks Hidden Salad Bar Police. Pretty Embarrassing! LOL

Shara

• Total Posts: 123
                            RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 7:15 PM (permalink)
                            Hi everybody. First post here, though I lurked for a while enjoying all your comments. What a nice group of folks you are!

Having grown up in the little Italy section of a town near Philly (the kind of place where everyone's mom makes great homemade pizza), I know the good stuff. Still, I'll eat Chuck E. Cheese or Pizza Hut if my kids insist--I just don't think of it as the real thing. But the worst I ever had was from a gas station near Bar Harbor, ME. We'd just driven 11 hours to get there, were starved, and it was the only place open. It was nasty stuff, with a chewy crust about as tough as the sole of your shoe, and I swear the oil they used must have been some spare 10-40.

chezkatie

• Total Posts: 1329
                              RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 7:46 PM (permalink)
                              The very worst pizza in the world (wish we could enter all of these in a contest) has to be the the 2 pizza pack in a Walmart supermart that I bought for five bucks...........it was the worst thing that I have ever tasted in my life. I took one of the pizza's out of pack and doctored it up with fresh tomato, garlic, and sausage. Baked as directed and it was just dreadful.........the only edible things on it was the tomato and garlic and sausage. I threw it out and had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a really nice chianti!

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                                RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 10:02 PM (permalink)
                                darn near every pizza i ever tried more then 200 miles west of the atlantic!

wesza

• Total Posts: 54
                                  RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Fri, 09/5/03 11:13 PM (permalink)
                                  The worst ever was from almost every "Drive In Movie", they made Pizza that was awful. but the junk was a big seller, as drive ins movies , closed im my mind it begret Domino's and Pizza Hut. Many of our posters seem willing to accept Pizza's with American Cheese or Chedder Cheese, any yellow cheese on Pizza, somehow scares me. Irwin

Route 11

• Total Posts: 752
                                    RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sat, 09/6/03 12:01 PM (permalink)
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by KimChee43

OCDREAMR: Wow! I'd forgotten all about that Chef Boyardee pizza mix. That was the only kind of "homemade" pizza my mom ever made for us! She always bought the "sausage pizza" mix--you know, the mix where the sausage was incorporated into the sauce. The only cheese she put on it was what came with the mix...some kind of dried Parmesan. But, we ate it, and we actually liked it. Whenever the folks would splurge on a pizza from our local pizza parlor, it was a real event!

I was leafing through some early 60's era magazines and came across some ads for that so-called pizza.

My most traumatic pizza experience was eating over at a friend's house. They liked ketchup and American cheese pizza. When I told my Italian grandmother what they served, she almost fainted.

Laughing Goddess

• Total Posts: 89
                                      RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sun, 09/7/03 12:31 PM (permalink)
                                      Have to agree with AndyNYC. Domino's and Pizza Hut are amazingly disgusting. I didn't even know it was possible to make bad pizza till I went to the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. I'm from the Brockton, Mass area where good pizza is everywhere. I mean, even the diviest-looking little bar serves great pies.

So, as a freshman at UMASS, living in the dorms, a bunch of us ordered Domino's pizza, and I was shocked. Inedible. I paid money for THIS?! And it was the first time I had ever had pizza from a chain, LOL.

And Tiki's right about avoiding pizza more than 200 miles from the Atlantic -- except for pizza in Chicago, of course!!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sun, 09/7/03 1:29 PM (permalink)
                                        quote:
                                        Originally posted by Laughing Goddess

And Tiki's right about avoiding pizza more than 200 miles from the Atlantic -- except for pizza in Chicago, of course!!

I disagree, Pittsburgh is approximately 300 miles awawy from the Atlantic and I was never truly disappointed while living there. While most of the Pizza was "mediocre" there were a few really good places that could compete with the best of them in NYC. In fact I would put Pizza in Pittsburgh on par with Rhode Island pizza.

floridafoodeater

• Total Posts: 23
                                          RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sun, 09/7/03 2:01 PM (permalink)
                                          With all due respect to KimChee43, after a night of drinking up and down State Street, Rocky Rococco's was often the BEST pizza I ever ate.

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
                                            RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sun, 09/7/03 8:33 PM (permalink)
                                            No question, hands down, Papa John's pizza. Although for me, the reasoning may be psychological. I worked at one for two years. The ingredients are all shipped in, whatever the Papa may claim. Even the dough is made elsewhere. Whatever the reason, I can't eat their pizza anymore. I enjoy the breadsticks and cheesesticks. But the pies make me sick. Now I work in actual pizzeria and, brother, fresh ingredients make all the difference. We make the dough, we chop everything ourselves from the onions to the salami. Freshness makes the pie and keeps the customers coming back.

tiki

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sun, 09/7/03 9:29 PM (permalink)
                                              I Have to admit that i just this week had a couple of "Half Baked" Pies from The Hideaway in Oklahoma City and they were pretty good---fresh mushrooms,tomato and good cheese on a decent crust that was crispy on the bottom and actually tasted like it was made out of wheat! A friend of mine here for the blues festival heard my bemoaning of a decent pizza and she actually drove out to OKC---2hrs--and got me 2 pies---bless her heart!! They were good---looking forward to trying them fresh out of the oven next trip to OKC. Like i said---"Darn near" not all---

tiki

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Sun, 09/7/03 9:33 PM (permalink)
                                                quote:
                                                Originally posted by wanderingjew

quote:

I disagree, Pittsburgh is approximately 300 miles awawy from the Atlantic and I was never truly disappointed while living there. While most of the Pizza was "mediocre" there were a few really good places that could compete with the best of them in NYC. In fact I would put Pizza in Pittsburgh on par with Rhode Island pizza.

I will try it out---heading out to New England later this year and intend to eat nothing but pizza and seafood the whole time im out there---so where in Pittsburg do i go for the good stuff!!

pdxeats

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 09/8/03 12:23 AM (permalink)
                                                  [
                                                  I disagree, Pittsburgh is approximately 300 miles awawy from the Atlantic and I was never truly disappointed while living there. While most of the Pizza was 'mediocre' there were a few really good places that could compete with the best of them in NYC. In fact I would put Pizza in Pittsburgh on par with Rhode Island pizza.

I will try it out---heading out to New England later this year and intend to eat nothing but pizza and seafood the whole time im out there---so where in Pittsburg do i go for the good stuff!!

Many People here in Pittsburgh Love Mineo's
                                                  or Say Cheese Pizza.....I love their Pan or Perogie Pizza
                                                  take out Only
                                                  http://www.saycheesepizza.biz

pdxeats

RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 09/8/03 12:29 AM (permalink)
                                                    Those of you who hate
                                                    Papa John's
                                                    and Pizza Hut
                                                    you are right!!
                                                    they are
                                                    That garlic/butter dipping sauce they have at papas
                                                    What the H*ll is that stuff??
                                                    That is Sooo Gross

What about that Stuffed crust crap at Pizza Hut that is also
                                                    a Joke!!

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                                      RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 09/8/03 7:59 AM (permalink)
                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by tiki

Originally posted by wanderingjew

Mineo's is probably the best. They are located in the Squirrel Hill section of Pittsburgh, they also have a branch out in the suburb of Mt Lebanon. Fiori's on West Liberty Avenue south of the Liberty Tubes is also really good. Aiello's in Squirrell Hill is also very good. I've heard good things about Vincent's Pizza Park in the suburb of Forest Hills but never actually tried their Pizza.

Farfel280

• Total Posts: 29
                                                        • Location: Centreville, VA
                                                        RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 09/8/03 8:58 AM (permalink)
                                                        You know in commercials when they say pizza is made with "real" cheese? I always wondered what "fake" cheese was. Well, I found out when I ordered a pizza from Grotto Pizza in Lewes, DE. The topping had a weird, plasticky taste and the crust was no better than a base of Saltines. I don't know how these places stay in business!!

redtressed

• Total Posts: 1017
                                                          • Location: Morgantown, WV
                                                          RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 09/8/03 12:08 PM (permalink)
                                                          Papa John's is certainly one of the worst..(yuck, ptoeey, bleah and ewwwwwww) I also have to disagree with the 200 mile rule.......I'm about 220 miles from the Atlantic, and we have some superb mom and pop pizza places here. Consider the following: Fatty Loaf's, where the pizza is done on bricks in a fire oven...tender crust with a crusty bottom and homemade sauce, covered with a variety of cheeses(no yellow though)or Pizzaria Italia..with crust still done by the hand tossed method, coated with a fine light sauce, and dripping with oozy glopping , stringy cheese..........and a 21 inch size only costs 7.42. Many places around here still offer REAL sausage, that comes in a squarish flat form, not the mealy stuff, full of flavor and essence. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmI know what's for dinner tonight.

tiki

• Location: Rentiesville, OK
                                                            RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! Mon, 09/8/03 1:47 PM (permalink)
                                                            OK,OK,how about 350 miles west of the atlantic,and not counting Chicago!!!???that better??

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 1 of 19, messages 1 to 30 of 569

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com