Things to do with Spam!

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8700
Re:Things to do with Spam! 2012/08/04 18:52:20 (permalink)
My parents were "older" when I was born, so I didnt ever know fast food- Kraft macaroni and cheese was something I discovered after marriage( Mom made her own) never knew it existed. Same with Spam. You like it or you dont. I happen to like it. :Chacon a son gout, mon amies". No big deal. And by the way, for those of you that reference it as bug feed-margarine was invented to feed turkeys to fatten them up....they wouldnt eat it. So, they feed it to us. Flies wont eat it-test my theory. Put a stick of margarine out, see if flies go near it to eat.........
Twinwillow
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5120
Re:Things to do with Spam! 2012/08/04 19:05:24 (permalink)
ann peeples

My parents were "older" when I was born, so I didnt ever know fast food- Kraft macaroni and cheese was something I discovered after marriage( Mom made her own) never knew it existed. Same with Spam. You like it or you dont. I happen to like it. :Chacon a son gout, mon amies". No big deal. And by the way, for those of you that reference it as bug feed-margarine was invented to feed turkeys to fatten them up....they wouldnt eat it. So, they feed it to us. Flies wont eat it-test my theory. Put a stick of margarine out, see if flies go near it to eat.........

Twinwillow

6star

marzsit

Foodbme

Twinwillow
iluvcfood
and yet you eat liverwurst!  LOL

At least liverwurst doesn't come in a can.

I've seen Liverwurst in a can. Can't remember the brand though.

underwood was/is the brand for canned liverwurst. my mother fed it to us when we were kids.... don't know if it's still available, haven't seen it in years. it didn't taste bad, but it was probably loaded with preservatives....

Here you go: http://mybrands.com/Product.aspx?pid=266

The nutritional value is located within this link, But you have to click on the liverwurst to locate it. it's actually, not too bad!

http://www.underwoodsprea..com/underwood_index.asp

ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8700
Re:Things to do with Spam! 2012/08/04 19:10:45 (permalink)
Twin-your link is great..dont understand my association with it......

Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10409
Re:Things to do with Spam! 2012/08/04 19:32:23 (permalink)
Twinwillow
ann peeples

Twinwillow
6star
marzsit
Foodbme
Twinwillow
iluvcfood
and yet you eat liverwurst!  LOL

At least liverwurst doesn't come in a can.

I've seen Liverwurst in a can. Can't remember the brand though.

underwood was/is the brand for canned liverwurst. my mother fed it to us when we were kids.... don't know if it's still available, haven't seen it in years. it didn't taste bad, but it was probably loaded with preservatives....

Here you go: http://mybrands.com/Product.aspx?pid=266

The nutritional value is located within this link, But you have to click on the liverwurst to locate it. it's actually, not too bad!
http://www.underwoodsprea..com/underwood_index.asp

You mean Spam actually has Nutritional Value?????????
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:Things to do with Spam! 2012/08/04 19:44:11 (permalink)
Yes, It contains three of the basic food groups. Pork liver, pork fat and, salt!
CCinNJ
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7778
Re:Things to do with Spam! 2012/08/04 20:58:25 (permalink)
After careful consideration I will keep Spam on the never had it list.
drummagick
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 173
Re:Things to do with Spam! 2012/08/04 22:47:56 (permalink)
My son and I will eat it if it's sliced very, very thin, and fried very, very crisp and made into a sandwich on lightly toasted white bread with a little mayo.  It's actually not a bad bacon substitute if you're desperate.  :D
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:Things to do with Spam! 2012/08/05 00:28:16 (permalink)
ann peeples

Twin-your link is great..dont understand my association with it......

Ann, I was trying to point out the nutritional label located within the link. It can be found by clicking on the liverwurst can. There's nothing really bad in the product with the exception of an abundance of, FAT!
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1