The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Things you detest

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 66
mar52

• Total Posts: 7599
Things you detest Thu, 08/25/11 4:56 PM (permalink)
Commercials with door bells ringing.
I don't pay attention to them, but that dang bell....  Even the dogs bark.

Guilt emails that want you to forward or else.  (I'm going to Hell)

Headaches.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:Things you detest Thu, 08/25/11 5:53 PM (permalink)
    There is a commercial for one of those life/death/burial insurance companies that uses the same ringtone I have on my phone.  Everytime I reach for my phone during that commercial

On a food note

Cantalope / mush melon 
    cool and slimy and (just had the willies thinking about it)

bwave

• Total Posts: 231
      Re:Things you detest Thu, 08/25/11 9:38 PM (permalink)
      Non Food:  SUVs, women with long hair, being hot, people who say 'laptop' it's NOTEBOOK,  Apple/Mac/iPod/iPhone, Firefox browser, smokers, Helen Hunt (only woman I'd ever punch square in the nose if I met in person), commercials, stoplights, feeling sick, Obama/Pelosi, people on unemployment, unions, people who use welfare cards to buy luxury items, women who wear sweatpants shopping, undisiplined kids,  the TV show Friends, too much perfume/cologne, people with Market America/Pre-Paid Legal/Aflaac/Home Interiors/Pampered Chef, etc who think they "have their own business", prank phone calls, laziness, people who call me Buddy, Jeep owners (nothing wrong with Jeeps, just the owners lol), Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Jessi Jackson, Al Sharpton, Al Gore, Michele Bachmann,  Wal*Mart (don't mind they being sucessful, just I'm not going to wait 40 minutes to checkout of a store, I won't even wait 5 minutes), dentures (seeing them makes me gag for some odd reason), people who put Parmesan cheese on my takeout food thinking Parm isn't cheese!

Food related:  #1 CRISPY COATING on french fries!  , Potato Rolls!, Mayonaisse, Mustard, Ranch Dressing, Cheese, Milk, Ice Cream, Beef,  Califlower, Brussel Sprouts, Sweet gerkin pickles, pudding, Cooked spinach (love raw), beets, tuna, Cheetos/Doritos/cheese balls, green chicken, fake chicken, pink chicken, (love chicken otherwise), green beans, green tea, coffee, seasoned salt in place of regular salt (like on fries), when people put sugar or water in cucumber salad (straight vinegar only), any kind of casserole, frenchs onions, tapioca, avocado, kiwi, scrambled eggs, carrot juice (will puke if it's mixed in anything, but I love carrot cake and cooked and raw carrots), strawberry/smores pop-tarts  (cherry is #1, apple, blueberry all good), figs

bartl

• Total Posts: 1208
        Re:Things you detest Thu, 08/25/11 10:23 PM (permalink)
        Radio commercials with simulated sounds of road hazards, as if they don't realize that a large part of the radio listening audience is in cars, often as background. So when you hear realistic sounds of accidents (with the station turning up the volume), or police/firefighter/ambulance sirens, it can actually CAUSE an accident.

Bart

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
          Re:Things you detest Thu, 08/25/11 11:10 PM (permalink)
          bwave

Non Food:  SUVs, women with long hair, being hot, people who say 'laptop' it's NOTEBOOK,  Apple/Mac/iPod/iPhone, Firefox browser, smokers, Helen Hunt (only woman I'd ever punch square in the nose if I met in person), commercials, stoplights, feeling sick, Obama/Pelosi, people on unemployment, unions, people who use welfare cards to buy luxury items, women who wear sweatpants shopping, undisiplined kids,  the TV show Friends, too much perfume/cologne, people with Market America/Pre-Paid Legal/Aflaac/Home Interiors/Pampered Chef, etc who think they "have their own business", prank phone calls, laziness, people who call me Buddy, Jeep owners (nothing wrong with Jeeps, just the owners lol), Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Jessi Jackson, Al Sharpton, Al Gore, Michele Bachmann,  Wal*Mart (don't mind they being sucessful, just I'm not going to wait 40 minutes to checkout of a store, I won't even wait 5 minutes), dentures (seeing them makes me gag for some odd reason), people who put Parmesan cheese on my takeout food thinking Parm isn't cheese!

Food related:  #1 CRISPY COATING on french fries!  , Potato Rolls!, Mayonaisse, Mustard, Ranch Dressing, Cheese, Milk, Ice Cream, Beef,  Califlower, Brussel Sprouts, Sweet gerkin pickles, pudding, Cooked spinach (love raw), beets, tuna, Cheetos/Doritos/cheese balls, green chicken, fake chicken, pink chicken, (love chicken otherwise), green beans, green tea, coffee, seasoned salt in place of regular salt (like on fries), when people put sugar or water in cucumber salad (straight vinegar only), any kind of casserole, frenchs onions, tapioca, avocado, kiwi, scrambled eggs, carrot juice (will puke if it's mixed in anything, but I love carrot cake and cooked and raw carrots), strawberry/smores pop-tarts  (cherry is #1, apple, blueberry all good), figs

Bwave

Don't hold back let us have it! 

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9566
            Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 3:11 AM (permalink)
            bwave

WOW! You poor Soul!

jeepguy

• Total Posts: 1555
              Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 3:18 AM (permalink)
              bwave

You pretty much hate everything! lol Not picky are you?

Foodbme

Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 3:28 AM (permalink)
                Geez Mar!
                You opened a can of worms with this one!  

<message edited by Foodbme on Sun, 08/28/11 2:20 AM>

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                  Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 3:41 AM (permalink)
                  Before I read the rest of your responses, I thought to myself that bwave is a bit angry.........

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                    Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 3:47 AM (permalink)
                    However, what I hate right now:
                    The economy
                    indigestion
                    Bob being laid off
                    What I love:
                    fresh vegetables from the farmers market
                    meeting an old friend tomorrow for dinner
                    fall is coming-warm days and cool nights in Wisconsin

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3298
                      Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 12:39 PM (permalink)
                      Remind me we can never, never, never hang out, bwave. I fit into at least a dozen of the things on your list. Seriously..."laptop" is actually a type of computer. As is "notebook". As is "netbook". Maybe instead of hating something that is actually a real item you should educate yourself.

I appear to have only one thing on my list, because everything else falls under "annoyance" rather than something I actually detest: Ignorance.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6097
                        Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 12:47 PM (permalink)
                        Indecisive people, therefore I like bwave!
                        ingrown toenails
                        bats
                        power outages
                        paper cuts
                        cheap frozen french fries
                        any Chef Boyardee or Franco American products
                        Pappa John's pizza
                        KFC
                        colds
                        biting my tongue/cheek
                        burning myself
                        child molesters
                        waiting in line...I won't do it
                        getting a wrong to go order
                        when my staff screw up a to go order
                        a broken shoe lace
                        a gnat flying into my ear
                        mosquitoes/noseeums
                        strong windy days
                        people who still drive while talking on a phone
                        constipation
                        social climbers
                        stepping in dog doo
                        people who tell the punchline to your joke
                         Jane Fonda

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
                          Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 1:04 PM (permalink)
                          Also weeded out "annoyances" as opposed to "things I detest":
                          spiders
                          most seafood
                          bad/rude/inconsiderate drivers (don't we all though)
                          liars
                          crowded bars

jman

• Total Posts: 1276
                            Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 1:32 PM (permalink)
                            mar52

Commercials with door bells ringing.
                            I don't pay attention to them, but that dang bell....  Even the dogs bark.

I agree.  My dog goes nuts.  Also, I hate radio commercials that use a siren.  It hard to tell it from the real thing.

mar52

Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 2:01 PM (permalink)
                              Doctors office help that doesn't return calls... today is day number 3 of waiting and leaving one message a day.

hot weather

people who arrive late for appointments

keyboards that don't work

walking through spiderwebs/cobwebs

calling spiderwebs cobwebs

mar52

Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 2:03 PM (permalink)
                                Smog tests

slow computers

ringing phones

edwmax

• Total Posts: 2015
                                  Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 3:36 PM (permalink)
                                  bwave

Geee  ... bwave  ... one wonders why you are a RoadFood Insider.    ... It looks like the only food you can eat and didn't list are 'Cornflakes & Coke' ...???...
                                  Oh ... when WalMart's check out lines are long, I go over to the Customer service counter & checkout.   There usually is no waiting there; and then they complain to the Front Manager to open more registers.
                                  <message edited by edwmax on Fri, 08/26/11 8:29 PM>

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
                                    Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 3:41 PM (permalink)
                                    mar52

people who arrive late for appointments

Ditto, and one step further, people that make me late. I could write a book about how much that drives me nuts.

rumaki

• Total Posts: 967
                                      Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 4:02 PM (permalink)
                                      Pedestrians or cyclists who cross against the light, ignore stop signs, or who walk/ride down the wrong side of the street (I know; it's different sides for pedestrians and for cyclists), especially if they have earbuds stuck in their ears or are talking on their cellphone or  texting.

Cyclists riding in the city (or on country trails, for that matter), dressed like they are competing in the Tour de France, when they're simply riding around, not taking part in an event.  

Chickpeas.

"Program length commercials" on TV.

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
                                        Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 4:30 PM (permalink)
                                        rumaki

Cyclists riding in the city (or on country trails, for that matter), dressed like they are competing in the Tour de France, when they're simply riding around, not taking part in an event.  

Oh.... this is a big time peeve here! We have an excellant bike trail system that can take you all around Chicago and the far suburbs but on weekends I encounter these guys riding in packs of 10 or so and 3 abreast down major city streets. (my partner always wants to reach out and give them a spandex wedgie) On top of that we have FermiLab which has a huge closed road system that they can ride around in with NO traffic. Instead they ride our main roads and on top of that......   run through stop signs and look at you like you are the idiot!!
                                        <message edited by kland01s on Fri, 08/26/11 4:33 PM>

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                                          Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 4:40 PM (permalink)
                                          mar52

keyboards that don't work

You would hate it around my place right now, my keyboard is missing a few keys and Im waiting on the replacement.

Then today my ac power adapter for my monitor went bad, so my tower works just no screen to view it on. 

Luckily the ac adapter for my LT works my monitor until I get a replacement.

Glenn1234

• Total Posts: 509
                                            • Location: Northern VA (the nasty Washington D.C. 'burbs part
                                            Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 7:02 PM (permalink)

Drivers who hang out in the passing (left) lane.  It's the PASSING lane. 
                                            Bureaucrats  with a "Nanny-State"  mentality who want to control our lives.
                                            Artificially low speed limits in some places to generate revenue in the guise of "safety". 
                                            Most Politicians
                                            Ambulance Chaser Lawyers who file frivolous lawsuits or demand ridiculous settlements

Mayonnaise
                                            Even worse:  Restaurants that put mayo on your sandwich, even though it's not listed on the list of items on the sandwich.
                                            Anything mayo-based ... Ranch dressings, etc.
                                            Sour cream.   How do you know if it went bad?  LOL!
                                            Anything sour cream based ... Chip dips, etc. 
                                            Nasty, bitter "lawn weed" salads that fancier restaurants seem to think we all want.

Glenn

mar52

Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 8:59 PM (permalink)
                                              I more than detest weeds served to me disguised as a salad.

Clearing of the dishes at a restaurant before I'm finished eating.

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                                                Re:Things you detest Fri, 08/26/11 10:04 PM (permalink)
                                                what's to hate? life is good!

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1597
                                                  Re:Things you detest Sat, 08/27/11 5:44 AM (permalink)
                                                  Political Parties.

Billfish

• Total Posts: 397
                                                    Re:Things you detest Sat, 08/27/11 10:39 AM (permalink)
                                                    "epic"

mjambro

• Total Posts: 419
                                                      • Location: Providence, RI
                                                      Re:Things you detest Sat, 08/27/11 10:52 AM (permalink)
                                                      Weather Channel reporters who are too stupid to get out of the rain & wind.  Saw one today in perhaps 70-100 mph winds & torrential rain commenting that everyone had been instructed to evacuate the area.  Bunch of idiots.

Then, they suggest everyone send in / post their hurricane photos.

Bunch of idiots.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6097
                                                        • Location: Emmitsburg, Md.
                                                        Re:Things you detest Sat, 08/27/11 12:02 PM (permalink)
                                                        Actor's political causes
                                                        Restaurants that have the tiny napkin dispensers
                                                        people who talk in Movie theatres
                                                        parents who attempt to reason with their out of control kids
                                                        all adds that portray men as ineffective stupid wimps
                                                        Al Sharpton
                                                        <message edited by chewingthefat on Sat, 08/27/11 12:09 PM>

claracamille

• Total Posts: 414
                                                          Re:Things you detest Sat, 08/27/11 2:58 PM (permalink)
                                                          Something bwave said struck a chord with me-people who use welfare cards to buy luxury items.
                                                          When my boys were playing in an elementary school football, I would sometimes drop them off at practice, go to a local grocery & then come back to pick them up.  This was in an area of town that apparently had a lot of food stamp users.  Although, both my husband & I were working, money was tight.  I always made weekly menu, then put together a shopping list & had a handful of coupons.  I usually cook from scratch & knew that what I could cook for my family was going to be better than any convenience food.  Shopping at this grocery nearly gave me a stroke every time.  Here I was buying gound beef, whole chickens, 10 lbs of potatoes, fresh veggies & fruits, etc.  So many shoppers were buying such junk with food stamps-frozen pizza-all kinds of frozen foods, junk food-cookies, chips,etc.  I think food stamps are one of the worst ideas our government ever had.  I think the program that allows  buying fresh veggies & fruits, milk,eggs etc only is great. 
                                                          BUT, no way should be giving away food stamps to buy anything in the grocery.

Foodbme

• Location: Gilbert, AZ
                                                            Re:Things you detest Sun, 08/28/11 2:21 AM (permalink)
                                                            OK, I've been avoiding posting on this one because I normally don't think in negative terms ---BUT----- There is one that really sitcks in my craw, where ever that is and it is-----------People who say "HAVE GOT". As in "We have got your ball scores right here" and I have got to go" DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!
                                                            When I hit the Lottery, I'm starting a "Society to Stamp Out HAVE GOT". I'll take out ads in every major newspaper, go Social Media Crazy, offer scholarships to school districts that stamp out that horrible phrase etc. Where are the English Teachers of America????? Most of them probably don't know better.
                                                            There, now I feel better! 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 66

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com