Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8109
2011/08/25 16:56:52 (permalink)

Things you detest

Commercials with door bells ringing.
I don't pay attention to them, but that dang bell....  Even the dogs bark.

Guilt emails that want you to forward or else.  (I'm going to Hell)

Headaches.

65 Replies Related Threads

CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6474
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/25 17:53:25 (permalink)
    There is a commercial for one of those life/death/burial insurance companies that uses the same ringtone I have on my phone.  Everytime I reach for my phone during that commercial

On a food note

Cantalope / mush melon 
    cool and slimy and (just had the willies thinking about it)
    bwave
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 231
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/25 21:38:17 (permalink)
    Non Food:  SUVs, women with long hair, being hot, people who say 'laptop' it's NOTEBOOK,  Apple/Mac/iPod/iPhone, Firefox browser, smokers, Helen Hunt (only woman I'd ever punch square in the nose if I met in person), commercials, stoplights, feeling sick, Obama/Pelosi, people on unemployment, unions, people who use welfare cards to buy luxury items, women who wear sweatpants shopping, undisiplined kids,  the TV show Friends, too much perfume/cologne, people with Market America/Pre-Paid Legal/Aflaac/Home Interiors/Pampered Chef, etc who think they "have their own business", prank phone calls, laziness, people who call me Buddy, Jeep owners (nothing wrong with Jeeps, just the owners lol), Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Jessi Jackson, Al Sharpton, Al Gore, Michele Bachmann,  Wal*Mart (don't mind they being sucessful, just I'm not going to wait 40 minutes to checkout of a store, I won't even wait 5 minutes), dentures (seeing them makes me gag for some odd reason), people who put Parmesan cheese on my takeout food thinking Parm isn't cheese!

Food related:  #1 CRISPY COATING on french fries!  , Potato Rolls!, Mayonaisse, Mustard, Ranch Dressing, Cheese, Milk, Ice Cream, Beef,  Califlower, Brussel Sprouts, Sweet gerkin pickles, pudding, Cooked spinach (love raw), beets, tuna, Cheetos/Doritos/cheese balls, green chicken, fake chicken, pink chicken, (love chicken otherwise), green beans, green tea, coffee, seasoned salt in place of regular salt (like on fries), when people put sugar or water in cucumber salad (straight vinegar only), any kind of casserole, frenchs onions, tapioca, avocado, kiwi, scrambled eggs, carrot juice (will puke if it's mixed in anything, but I love carrot cake and cooked and raw carrots), strawberry/smores pop-tarts  (cherry is #1, apple, blueberry all good), figs

bartl
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1329
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/25 22:23:19 (permalink)
    Radio commercials with simulated sounds of road hazards, as if they don't realize that a large part of the radio listening audience is in cars, often as background. So when you hear realistic sounds of accidents (with the station turning up the volume), or police/firefighter/ambulance sirens, it can actually CAUSE an accident.

Bart
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/25 23:10:37 (permalink)
    bwave

Non Food:  SUVs, women with long hair, being hot, people who say 'laptop' it's NOTEBOOK,  Apple/Mac/iPod/iPhone, Firefox browser, smokers, Helen Hunt (only woman I'd ever punch square in the nose if I met in person), commercials, stoplights, feeling sick, Obama/Pelosi, people on unemployment, unions, people who use welfare cards to buy luxury items, women who wear sweatpants shopping, undisiplined kids,  the TV show Friends, too much perfume/cologne, people with Market America/Pre-Paid Legal/Aflaac/Home Interiors/Pampered Chef, etc who think they "have their own business", prank phone calls, laziness, people who call me Buddy, Jeep owners (nothing wrong with Jeeps, just the owners lol), Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Jessi Jackson, Al Sharpton, Al Gore, Michele Bachmann,  Wal*Mart (don't mind they being sucessful, just I'm not going to wait 40 minutes to checkout of a store, I won't even wait 5 minutes), dentures (seeing them makes me gag for some odd reason), people who put Parmesan cheese on my takeout food thinking Parm isn't cheese!

Food related:  #1 CRISPY COATING on french fries!  , Potato Rolls!, Mayonaisse, Mustard, Ranch Dressing, Cheese, Milk, Ice Cream, Beef,  Califlower, Brussel Sprouts, Sweet gerkin pickles, pudding, Cooked spinach (love raw), beets, tuna, Cheetos/Doritos/cheese balls, green chicken, fake chicken, pink chicken, (love chicken otherwise), green beans, green tea, coffee, seasoned salt in place of regular salt (like on fries), when people put sugar or water in cucumber salad (straight vinegar only), any kind of casserole, frenchs onions, tapioca, avocado, kiwi, scrambled eggs, carrot juice (will puke if it's mixed in anything, but I love carrot cake and cooked and raw carrots), strawberry/smores pop-tarts  (cherry is #1, apple, blueberry all good), figs

Bwave

Don't hold back let us have it! 
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10329
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 03:11:21 (permalink)
    bwave

WOW! You poor Soul!
    jeepguy
    • Total Posts : 1555
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 03:18:06 (permalink)
    bwave

You pretty much hate everything! lol Not picky are you?
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 03:28:05 (permalink)
    Geez Mar!
    You opened a can of worms with this one!  

post edited by Foodbme - 2011/08/28 02:20:37
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8512
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 03:41:42 (permalink)
    Before I read the rest of your responses, I thought to myself that bwave is a bit angry.........
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8512
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 03:47:01 (permalink)
    However, what I hate right now:
    The economy
    indigestion
    Bob being laid off
    What I love:
    fresh vegetables from the farmers market
    meeting an old friend tomorrow for dinner
    fall is coming-warm days and cool nights in Wisconsin

felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3565
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 12:39:58 (permalink)
    Remind me we can never, never, never hang out, bwave. I fit into at least a dozen of the things on your list. Seriously..."laptop" is actually a type of computer. As is "notebook". As is "netbook". Maybe instead of hating something that is actually a real item you should educate yourself.

I appear to have only one thing on my list, because everything else falls under "annoyance" rather than something I actually detest: Ignorance.
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 12:47:11 (permalink)
    Indecisive people, therefore I like bwave!
    ingrown toenails
    bats
    power outages
    paper cuts
    cheap frozen french fries
    any Chef Boyardee or Franco American products
    Pappa John's pizza
    KFC
    colds
    biting my tongue/cheek
    burning myself
    child molesters
    waiting in line...I won't do it
    getting a wrong to go order
    when my staff screw up a to go order
    a broken shoe lace
    a gnat flying into my ear
    mosquitoes/noseeums
    strong windy days
    people who still drive while talking on a phone
    constipation
    social climbers
    stepping in dog doo
    people who tell the punchline to your joke
     Jane Fonda
    SeamusD
    • Total Posts : 1027
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 13:04:36 (permalink)
    Also weeded out "annoyances" as opposed to "things I detest":
    spiders
    most seafood
    bad/rude/inconsiderate drivers (don't we all though)
    liars
    crowded bars
    jman
    • Total Posts : 1365
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 13:32:10 (permalink)
    mar52

Commercials with door bells ringing.
    I don't pay attention to them, but that dang bell....  Even the dogs bark.

I agree.  My dog goes nuts.  Also, I hate radio commercials that use a siren.  It hard to tell it from the real thing.
    mar52
    Sirloin
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 14:01:58 (permalink)
    Doctors office help that doesn't return calls... today is day number 3 of waiting and leaving one message a day.

hot weather

people who arrive late for appointments

keyboards that don't work

walking through spiderwebs/cobwebs

calling spiderwebs cobwebs

mar52
    Sirloin
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 14:03:55 (permalink)
    Smog tests

slow computers

ringing phones
    edwmax
    • Total Posts : 2107
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 15:36:54 (permalink)
    bwave

Geee  ... bwave  ... one wonders why you are a RoadFood Insider.    ... It looks like the only food you can eat and didn't list are 'Cornflakes & Coke' ...???...
    Oh ... when WalMart's check out lines are long, I go over to the Customer service counter & checkout.   There usually is no waiting there; and then they complain to the Front Manager to open more registers.
    post edited by edwmax - 2011/08/26 20:29:47
    SeamusD
    • Total Posts : 1027
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 15:41:03 (permalink)
    mar52

people who arrive late for appointments

Ditto, and one step further, people that make me late. I could write a book about how much that drives me nuts.
    rumaki
    • Total Posts : 1070
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 16:02:39 (permalink)
    Pedestrians or cyclists who cross against the light, ignore stop signs, or who walk/ride down the wrong side of the street (I know; it's different sides for pedestrians and for cyclists), especially if they have earbuds stuck in their ears or are talking on their cellphone or  texting.

Cyclists riding in the city (or on country trails, for that matter), dressed like they are competing in the Tour de France, when they're simply riding around, not taking part in an event.  

Chickpeas.

"Program length commercials" on TV.
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 16:30:42 (permalink)
    rumaki
    Cyclists riding in the city (or on country trails, for that matter), dressed like they are competing in the Tour de France, when they're simply riding around, not taking part in an event.  

Oh.... this is a big time peeve here! We have an excellant bike trail system that can take you all around Chicago and the far suburbs but on weekends I encounter these guys riding in packs of 10 or so and 3 abreast down major city streets. (my partner always wants to reach out and give them a spandex wedgie) On top of that we have FermiLab which has a huge closed road system that they can ride around in with NO traffic. Instead they ride our main roads and on top of that......   run through stop signs and look at you like you are the idiot!!
    post edited by kland01s - 2011/08/26 16:33:13
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 16:40:11 (permalink)
    mar52

keyboards that don't work

You would hate it around my place right now, my keyboard is missing a few keys and Im waiting on the replacement.

Then today my ac power adapter for my monitor went bad, so my tower works just no screen to view it on. 

Luckily the ac adapter for my LT works my monitor until I get a replacement.
    Glenn1234
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 576
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 19:02:55 (permalink)

Drivers who hang out in the passing (left) lane.  It's the PASSING lane. 
    Bureaucrats  with a "Nanny-State"  mentality who want to control our lives.
    Artificially low speed limits in some places to generate revenue in the guise of "safety". 
    Most Politicians
    Ambulance Chaser Lawyers who file frivolous lawsuits or demand ridiculous settlements

Mayonnaise
    Even worse:  Restaurants that put mayo on your sandwich, even though it's not listed on the list of items on the sandwich.
    Anything mayo-based ... Ranch dressings, etc.
    Sour cream.   How do you know if it went bad?  LOL!
    Anything sour cream based ... Chip dips, etc. 
    Nasty, bitter "lawn weed" salads that fancier restaurants seem to think we all want.

Glenn

mar52
    Sirloin
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 20:59:56 (permalink)
    I more than detest weeds served to me disguised as a salad.

Clearing of the dishes at a restaurant before I'm finished eating.

1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4636
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/26 22:04:12 (permalink)
    what's to hate? life is good!
    cavandre
    • Total Posts : 1632
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/27 05:44:48 (permalink)
    Political Parties.
    Billfish
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 397
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/27 10:39:52 (permalink)
    "epic"
    mjambro
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 435
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/27 10:52:23 (permalink)
    Weather Channel reporters who are too stupid to get out of the rain & wind.  Saw one today in perhaps 70-100 mph winds & torrential rain commenting that everyone had been instructed to evacuate the area.  Bunch of idiots.

Then, they suggest everyone send in / post their hurricane photos.

Bunch of idiots.
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/27 12:02:04 (permalink)
    Actor's political causes
    Restaurants that have the tiny napkin dispensers
    people who talk in Movie theatres
    parents who attempt to reason with their out of control kids
    all adds that portray men as ineffective stupid wimps
    Al Sharpton
    post edited by chewingthefat - 2011/08/27 12:09:56
    claracamille
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 434
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/27 14:58:04 (permalink)
    Something bwave said struck a chord with me-people who use welfare cards to buy luxury items.
    When my boys were playing in an elementary school football, I would sometimes drop them off at practice, go to a local grocery & then come back to pick them up.  This was in an area of town that apparently had a lot of food stamp users.  Although, both my husband & I were working, money was tight.  I always made weekly menu, then put together a shopping list & had a handful of coupons.  I usually cook from scratch & knew that what I could cook for my family was going to be better than any convenience food.  Shopping at this grocery nearly gave me a stroke every time.  Here I was buying gound beef, whole chickens, 10 lbs of potatoes, fresh veggies & fruits, etc.  So many shoppers were buying such junk with food stamps-frozen pizza-all kinds of frozen foods, junk food-cookies, chips,etc.  I think food stamps are one of the worst ideas our government ever had.  I think the program that allows  buying fresh veggies & fruits, milk,eggs etc only is great. 
    BUT, no way should be giving away food stamps to buy anything in the grocery.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:Things you detest 2011/08/28 02:21:20 (permalink)
    OK, I've been avoiding posting on this one because I normally don't think in negative terms ---BUT----- There is one that really sitcks in my craw, where ever that is and it is-----------People who say "HAVE GOT". As in "We have got your ball scores right here" and I have got to go" DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!
    When I hit the Lottery, I'm starting a "Society to Stamp Out HAVE GOT". I'll take out ads in every major newspaper, go Social Media Crazy, offer scholarships to school districts that stamp out that horrible phrase etc. Where are the English Teachers of America????? Most of them probably don't know better.
    There, now I feel better! 
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1