This kills me!

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Scallion1
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 418
  • Joined: 2004/07/20 08:42:00
  • Location: Yonkers, NY
  • Status: offline
RE: This kills me! 2005/06/22 14:19:01 (permalink)
my post was a reflection on the occasionally acrimonious quality of earlier postings to this thread, and wasn't intended as a "tweak" to you.
and i have no interest in being "tweaked" by strangers.
go tweak your burgers.
#91
Caramel Copper
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 66
  • Joined: 2005/06/21 13:38:00
  • Location: Hogansville, GA
  • Status: offline
RE: This kills me! 2005/06/22 14:40:17 (permalink)



You quoted me, remember? I thought that made us at the very least on tweaking terms.
I have been reading so much here I have made the mistake of feeling as if I know some of you.

tweak-tweak,
Copper
#92
Scallion1
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 418
  • Joined: 2004/07/20 08:42:00
  • Location: Yonkers, NY
  • Status: offline
RE: This kills me! 2005/06/22 15:22:37 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Caramel Copper




You quoted me, remember? I thought that made us at the very least on tweaking terms.
I have been reading so much here I have made the mistake of feeling as if I know some of you.

tweak-tweak,
Copper


at the very least, i'd guess you have an interesting and active social life with those attitudes.
#93
CCJPO
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 543
  • Joined: 2003/04/20 01:09:00
  • Location: Fallon, NV
  • Status: offline
RE: This kills me! 2005/06/22 15:38:08 (permalink)
We tried SCALLION's recipe this weekend. It was terrific. Fortunately we have a ready supply of quail eggs.

As a quality control taste test, we made sure we had some leftovers. The consensus was that the leftovers, while edible, were soggy, flavors were not as pronounced, nor as readily identifiable, nor as delicate. They were sort of all smooshed togeather. On a positive note the cats did like them.
#94
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3764
  • Joined: 2003/03/25 02:02:00
  • Location: Central FL
  • Status: offline
RE: This kills me! 2005/06/22 16:11:49 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Caramel Copper

Gee Stevekoe, hope you weren't referring to me.


I wasn't directing my comment at anyone, in particular. It was more pointed at the vitriolic tone of many posts, across many threads, of late. I am all about disagreement, but there has been such an air of negativity lately that it makes me wonder what is in the (hot dog) water...or the beans....or the BBQ...or whatever.
#95
Caramel Copper
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 66
  • Joined: 2005/06/21 13:38:00
  • Location: Hogansville, GA
  • Status: offline
RE: This kills me! 2005/06/22 17:17:21 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by stevekoe

quote:
Originally posted by Caramel Copper

Gee Stevekoe, hope you weren't referring to me.


I wasn't directing my comment at anyone, in particular. It was more pointed at the vitriolic tone of many posts, across many threads, of late. I am all about disagreement, but there has been such an air of negativity lately that it makes me wonder what is in the (hot dog) water...or the beans....or the BBQ...or whatever.


Maybe its just the heat, Stevekoe. This time of year folks wait until later to dine because it doesn't get dark until nine o'clock (here anyways). Plus, what young person wants to work in the kitchen on a summers day? :)So it feels like there is a longer period of expection...or stress. Anyways, its hard to read the expression behind the words sometimes. I'm generally quite positive, friendly, and cheerful. But then I go back and read one of my posts and think, "that could've been taken as smart-aleck."
And then there are those folks who aren't gonna let themselves be humored or cheered up. Perhaps they like it that way, not as far to fall so to speak.
Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't want to step on any toes or feelings, but I'm no A$$-ki$$er either.

Copper
#96
Caramel Copper
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 66
  • Joined: 2005/06/21 13:38:00
  • Location: Hogansville, GA
  • Status: offline
RE: This kills me! 2005/06/22 17:22:08 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Scallion1

quote:
Originally posted by Caramel Copper




You quoted me, remember? I thought that made us at the very least on tweaking terms.
I have been reading so much here I have made the mistake of feeling as if I know some of you.

tweak-tweak,
Copper


at the very least, i'd guess you have an interesting and active social life with those attitudes.


You'd be right.
Also your definition of tweaky is surely different than mine.

Copper
#97
Scallion1
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 418
  • Joined: 2004/07/20 08:42:00
  • Location: Yonkers, NY
  • Status: offline
RE: This kills me! 2005/06/22 21:43:04 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by CCJPO

We tried SCALLION's recipe this weekend. It was terrific. Fortunately we have a ready supply of quail eggs.

As a quality control taste test, we made sure we had some leftovers. The consensus was that the leftovers, while edible, were soggy, flavors were not as pronounced, nor as readily identifiable, nor as delicate. They were sort of all smooshed togeather. On a positive note the cats did like them.


glad you liked it. as far as left-overs, it wouldn't be my first choice. also, i've never been able to make more than we could eat, but maybe you don't like plus sizes.

now, some leftover bucatini amatriciana, or rigatoni alla panna - that's the fixin's for some good breakfast.

seriously, the pasta for that dish has to be, shall we say, ethereal, for the whole thing to work.

those must be some very sophisticated cats.

#98
Scallion1
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 418
  • Joined: 2004/07/20 08:42:00
  • Location: Yonkers, NY
  • Status: offline
RE: This kills me! 2005/06/23 08:21:57 (permalink)
All of you who were in on the early part of this thread, on either side, take a look at today's review, by Michael Stern, of Harmon's, a burger joint in Maine. This guy makes me seem like a pushover.
#99
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1