Tim Horton's Donut's

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1995
RE: Tim Horton's Donut's 2005/08/01 10:50:19 (permalink)
I saw in the paper that Wendy's plans to spin off Tim's. Tim is going to move hard into the lunch biz, and senior mgmt saw the time when the 2 brands would compete with each other. Some stockholders have been looking for a spinoff because they feel that Tims alone is worth more than the whole combined biz is trading for.
Teena27
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Tim Horton's Donut's 2005/09/22 19:56:03 (permalink)
I'm quite shocked that my fellow Canadians failed to mention that Tim Horton's has kicked Krispy Kreme's ass in Canada--after opening 3 (I think--could have been a couple more) stores, KK was forced to file for bankrupcy protection.
Beer&Snausages
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 418
RE: Tim Horton's Donut's 2005/09/23 10:24:59 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Teena27

I'm quite shocked that my fellow Canadians failed to mention that Tim Horton's has kicked Krispy Kreme's ass in Canada--after opening 3 (I think--could have been a couple more) stores, KK was forced to file for bankrupcy protection.

Teena,
I think the problem is that Krispy never wore a Hockey sweater! It's tough to compete with a Maple Leaf legend.

PS Thanking the heavens that Hockey is back and my Red Wings will hoist the Cup!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18493
RE: Tim Horton's Donut's 2005/09/23 10:35:29 (permalink)
While I appreciate the fact that you know it's a sweater and not a jersey, I must point out that your Red Wings were soundly defeated by the Blue Jackets last night -- a sign, perhaps, that your octopus-loving figure skaters won't be hoisting any cups at the end of this glorious season that aren't strictly for holding beer.
Beer&Snausages
Cheeseburger
RE: Tim Horton's Donut's 2005/09/23 20:24:09 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

While I appreciate the fact that you know it's a sweater and not a jersey, I must point out that your Red Wings were soundly defeated by the Blue Jackets last night -- a sign, perhaps, that your octopus-loving figure skaters won't be hoisting any cups at the end of this glorious season that aren't strictly for holding beer.

Tsk Tsk Michael, 3-2 in OT is hardly a sound defeat. Besides you know that preseason and regular season are just a warmup to the real season . We'll see who'll be hoisting that cup, drinking whatever out of it, taking it home with them, to the top of mountains.....besides if it isn't the beloved Red Wings, at least I can hope it's not those hated Avalanche that grasp it from our grip.

Let's see what's CMH known for? Home of Wendy's? Home of Victoria Secrets, the Limited? You say you have a COSI? Home of Max & Erma's? Easton? How many cups have the BJ's held aloft?

BTW I have my picture taken with it in '97, '98 & '02 .

Bring on the season!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18493
RE: Tim Horton's Donut's 2005/09/24 16:30:20 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Beer&Snausages

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Tsk Tsk Michael, 3-2 in OT is hardly a sound defeat. Besides you know that preseason and regular season are just a warmup to the real season . We'll see who'll be hoisting that cup, drinking whatever out of it, taking it home with them, to the top of mountains.....besides if it isn't the beloved Red Wings, at least I can hope it's not those hated Avalanche that grasp it from our grip.

Let's see what's CMH known for? Home of Wendy's? Home of Victoria Secrets, the Limited? You say you have a COSI? Home of Max & Erma's? Easton? How many cups have the BJ's held aloft?

BTW I have my picture taken with it in '97, '98 & '02 .

Bring on the season!

While the most important thing CMH is noted for is me, the mere fact that it has the Bluejackets is very impressive. In fact, I'm not a real Jackets fan. I've been a Rangers fan all my life, but the only games I can get to are the ones played here.
Beer&Snausages
Cheeseburger
RE: Tim Horton's Donut's 2005/09/25 22:29:40 (permalink)
quote:

I've been a Rangers fan all my life, but the only games I can get to are the ones played here.

Well, at least we agree on something hockey wise. When cable first started out in the late 70's, the only games I could get in Ill/Iowa were the Rangers on the Madison Square Garden Network. I loved those teams of the late 70's, especially the '79 season when they lost to hated Les Habitants in the Stanley Cup. Man the memories of them fighting with the Isles with the likes of Davidson, Dugay, Maloney, Beck, Grestchner, Tkaczuk. Man what a team that was.

But alas, my love for them waned when I moved to Michigan and found a better team.
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Tim Horton's Donut's 2005/11/09 21:10:03 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Beer&Snausages

quote:
Originally posted by Teena27

Teena,
I think the problem is that Krispy never wore a Hockey sweater! It's tough to compete with a Maple Leaf legend.

PS Thanking the heavens that Hockey is back and my Red Wings will hoist the Cup!

Go RED WINGS!
ham-b-guy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 19
RE: Tim Horton's Donut's 2006/08/10 21:51:30 (permalink)
The donuts were ok. I had a 1/2 dozen before. They ain't nothing on KK and DD? Now if you think something is good at Tim Hortons, try their cookies and sandwiches.
John A
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4295
RE: Tim Horton's Donut's 2006/08/11 08:42:50 (permalink)
On a sales trip throughout Ontario several years ago I came upon a Tim Horton’s in the middle of nowhere. I was on a back road between towns, about 40 miles from nowhere, when Lo and behold at an intersection sat a Tim Horton’s. I could not see another building in any direction but the place was very busy at lunchtime???

Not Tim Horton’s related but funny. Under the same circumstances, 40 miles from nowhere, I stopped at a tiny gas station to ask directions to another town. The attendant told me to take a right at the next light and follow my nose, bear in mind, I did not see very many structures much less a town. After a while I though I must have missed the light, but how could I have; out in the middle of nowhere. THIRTY miles later I came to a stop light, again, no buildings to be seen. I made a right and followed my nose to my destination.

John
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1