Time Square, NYC

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
i95
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: Time Square, NYC 2003/11/11 08:59:12 (permalink)
Just returned from NYC and wanted to thank all of the posters on this particular thread whom recommended the Edison Hotel's Edison Cafe (a.k.a. the "Polish Tea Room") on West 47th Street. We dined there for breakfast and it was delicious, affordable and inviting. A true model RoadFood eatery!

Thanks for the great recommendation!
hilldweller
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 168
RE: Time Square, NYC 2003/11/11 11:38:24 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by i95

Just returned from NYC and wanted to thank all of the posters on this particular thread whom recommended the Edison Hotel's Edison Cafe (a.k.a. the "Polish Tea Room") on West 47th Street. We dined there for breakfast and it was delicious, affordable and inviting. A true model RoadFood eatery!

Where else did you go? Did you brave Mars 2112?
i95
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: Time Square, NYC 2003/11/11 12:22:31 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by hilldweller

quote:
Originally posted by i95

Where else did you go? Did you brave Mars 2112?

I didn't brave Mars 2112, hilldweller, but appreciated the "worse-case-scenario" recommendation. I'm thoroughly ashamed to admit that I convinced my eight-year-old son that it may be "too scary" thereby covertly steering us to the Stage Deli which he loved. (Truth be told, I was the one who thought that the processed fare at Mars 2112 was something to be afraid about.)

However our gastronomical tour included:

both Stage and Katz's Deli in the Lower East side for lunch;
the Edison Hotel's Polish Tea Room for breakfast;
and Kelly & Ping's for Asian food in Soho...to name a few.

As I ranted on another thread, my favorite NYC pizza haunt, Teatro Pizza on West 44th has closed down sending us to a less-than-memorable haunt on nearby 8th Avenue.

Finally, on this site's "penny candy thread," we indeed checked-out what Gourmet magazine called "the penny candy store elevated to an art form," Economy Candy (http://www.economycandy.com/index2.htm) in the Lower East Side. I don't know who was more excited with that stop, the three kids or me.

Would whole-heartedly recommend any or all of the above next time anyone finds themselves in the Big Apple!
hotdogger
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 88
RE: Time Square, NYC 2003/11/12 03:31:48 (permalink)
A visit to NYC isn't complete without a meal in Chinatown.
Head straight to 'Hop Kee' at 21 Mott Street. You will not be disappointed.
eggsactley
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 128
RE: Time Square, NYC 2003/11/15 19:41:14 (permalink)
Avoid eating in the midtown area completely.....buy a metro card and venture out into the boroughs and uptown and downtown for REAL NY EATS
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1