Tina Fey endorses chicken at Chicago's Athenian Room (Tribune article)

Author
danimal15
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1092
2010/10/26 22:59:43 (permalink)

Tina Fey endorses chicken at Chicago's Athenian Room (Tribune article)

http://www.chicagotribune...01027,0,4209129.column

Hopefully you can access the link to this column. Turns out actress Tina Fey is a big fan of the Kalamata chicken at Athenian Room on Webster and Halsted. I've been enjoying this dish since the early 80s. I had it a couple weeks ago and am happy to report it hasn't changed at all (only the price, which is still a reasonable $9.50, though it was around $4.50 when I started going there).

2 Replies Related Threads

Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3778
    Re:Tina Fey endorses chicken at Chicago's Athenian Room (Tribune article) 2010/10/27 08:08:30 (permalink)
    I have a feeling Tina Fey would fit in here just fine.  There's a gag in the first season of 30 Rock about her getting a sandwich from a place that the Teamsters go to and being stopped with it trying to get on a plane, so she just wolfs it down before she goes through the machine.  Pretty cool recommendation. :)
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4319
    Re:Tina Fey endorses chicken at Chicago's Athenian Room (Tribune article) 2010/10/27 14:32:11 (permalink)
    Follow up article in today's Trib talks about the sudden lines of people waiting to get in to the Athenian Room for the chicken dinner.  The owner of the joint remembers Tina Fey from her Second City years, but has never seen "30 Rock", nor was he aware of her rise to fame.  He thanks Tina and God for sending the new business his way and wishes her (Tina that is; God is doing quite nicely on Her own) much continued success in her career.

Never been to the Athenian, and I can tell you, it will be a while longer, at least until the lines settle down a bit, before I make my first visit.

Buddy
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1