Tips for getting restaurant to sign as commisary ?

Author
dzrtrat67
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2007/01/06 18:19:30 (permalink)

Tips for getting restaurant to sign as commisary ?

Hello,
This is for mobile vendors as well as restaurant owners.
For those of us who don't live in areas with true commisaries, how did you get a restaurant to sign off as your commisary for the county paperwork? Did you know the owner? How did you present it? What does it cost you per month? etc. etc.
If you're a restaurant owner or manager, have you done this for hot dog carts in the past? How was it presented to you? What would you need to see/hear to do it again?

Thanks!
Joe

5 Replies Related Threads

rolling
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: Tips for getting restaurant to sign as commisary ? 2007/01/07 17:56:38 (permalink)
    no tips from no one?I'm waiting too for a response from someone who have done this and how they did it?

Rootsman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 235
    RE: Tips for getting restaurant to sign as commisary ? 2007/01/07 19:35:33 (permalink)
    I simply went to a restaurant that I frequented and they knew me and I asked. We did it as a barter arrangement. I'm building him a basic website. My commissary needs are minimal as I have a self-suffcient trailer and use dispoable items. All I officially need is potable water, and waste disposal. I am no bother whatsoever to him.

I'd look to pay them what you would pay a commissary, $30-$40 per month.

Good Luck!

Matt Gleason
    Health Inspector
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: Tips for getting restaurant to sign as commisary ? 2007/01/08 20:56:04 (permalink)
    Many may not necessarily be worried about competition but liability.
    If someone gets sick from food that you prepared, word may get around that the restaurant (commissary) is the one that caused the problem.

That is one story I have heard anyway...
    chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3304
    RE: Tips for getting restaurant to sign as commisary ? 2007/01/08 21:11:52 (permalink)
    I went to my local convenience store where I've been purchasing my lunch for years. As a regular customer, they were happy to allow me to use their place, free of charge. I also have friends in the restaurant and catering business that gave me the same offer. It pays to be friends with people in the food service business.

CSD
    cowtown
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 24
    RE: Tips for getting restaurant to sign as commisary ? 2007/01/20 08:44:10 (permalink)
    I am also interested to hear more about the commissaries that are being used. Where I live there are no true commissaries so I will be using a restaurant. Thanks Rootsman for putting a dollar figure out there. Does that sound like what others are paying? I know some are free because they connections.

I have read several old threads about commisaries, but I am interested in any other input on them.
    Thanks!
    Amy
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1