"To Be Or Not To Be, That Is The Question"

Author
Turtle66
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 137
2014/03/18 10:52:17 (permalink)

"To Be Or Not To Be, That Is The Question"

Question: Any first hand information on the use of Mobile Card Readers would be greatly appreciated. Im considering the use of such device for my soon to be Special Events Food Concessions Business and would like to offer the convenience of the service to my customers. Done some research online and read some horror stories pertaining to "Square" with its lack/no direct customer support what so ever equaling lots of very unhappy customers some left out to dry. (this is the company that pretty much started mobile wireless credit/debit transactions) Im steering away from the Square Company. There are a few other companies offering the same service, some that get good reviews, others just ok reviews...Any Other Vendors Using Any Of These Other Companies??? Don't know if its even worth the effort?  Turtle66       

post edited by Turtle66 - 2014/03/20 11:47:05

4 Replies Related Threads

jman
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1364
    Re:"To Be Or Not To Be, That Is The Question" 2014/03/18 11:34:58 (permalink)
    I don't know how you plan to keep your books, but I've noticed that Quickbooks is now offering a mobile device for cc's.  http://intuitpayments.com...cards-53CT-7902OB.html
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1996
    Re:"To Be Or Not To Be, That Is The Question" 2014/03/18 11:48:42 (permalink)
    I have been using Square for three years, never had a problem,
    never had to contact customer service or have the need for support. It's a pretty easy thing to figure out.
    M-Th charges deposit at midnight same day, F-Su deposit Monday.
    There are several others here past and present that use Square with no reported problems that I am aware of.
    Turtle66
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 137
    Re:"To Be Or Not To Be, That Is The Question" 2014/03/18 14:35:33 (permalink)
    chefbuba

I have been using Square for three years, never had a problem,
    Never had to contact customer service or have the need for support. It's a pretty easy thing to figure out.
    M-Th charges deposit at midnight same day, F-Su deposit Monday.
    There are several others here past and present that use Square with no reported problems that I am aware of.

Good to hear that you have not had any problems with your Square, and hope you never will. I also know of a local restauranteur who uses Square without any negative incidents. (been using it for 3 years) Im just reading/researching online reviews across the board - both pros and cons of different mobile readers, there are sites that make direct comparisons of different readers as well. Cost,Known Issues,Customer Service, etc.. But wanted to hear from actual venders that are card reader users. Thanks for your input.                                                                                                                           @ Jman, Some of the newer card readers programs are made to sync up with software such as Quickbooks.    
    kennyb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 400
    Re:"To Be Or Not To Be, That Is The Question" 2014/03/18 19:53:15 (permalink)
    same thing chefbuba said. never a problem with the square. never had to contact them either. 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1