Author
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5418
2004/07/15 11:43:02 (permalink)

To: TJ Jackson

quote:
Originally posted by TJ Jackson

I never liked the Pizza Nuova/Pizza Nova.

If you liked the food at the Hibachi Grill, go try Sakkio of Japan in the downstairs food court at the Carew Tower. Same stuff, but prepared fresh before you instead of coming off a steam table, and ergo much much better. Easily one of my favorite cheap lunches in Cincinnati

TJ, tell me more about Sakkio please. I'll be in downtown Cincy starting Sunday. Where is the Carew Tower?

MikeS.

Anyone else with Cincy tips?

5 Replies Related Threads

signman
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1743
    RE: To: TJ Jackson 2004/07/15 12:09:34 (permalink)
    Mike, I thought you were already the Cincy expert. The Carew Tower is a tall narrow rectangular dark sand colored tower near Fountain Square. Built in the '30's I guess, it is art deco in styling. There is a shopping mall inside. It's only a few blocks from the river and the stadiums. You really can't miss it. It's at Fifth and Vine, attached to the Netherland Plaza Hotel (now a Hilton I think) which is an Art Deco beauty. Be sure to walk into the lobby bar. It's a stunner.

And don't forget to have some Graeter's black raspberry chip ice cream.
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4578
    RE: To: TJ Jackson 2004/07/15 12:21:45 (permalink)
    Signman has the right of it.

The Carew Tower is the tallest building in Cincinnati. Oddly enough, one of the restaurants reviewed by the Sterns [url='http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Writeup.aspx?ReviewID=1162&RefID=1162']Hathaways[/url]) is inside it on the ground floor - but I have never been impressed with Hathaways

The food court is on the lower level of the Carew Tower, and Sakkio of Japan is in the food court.

As far as other recommendations
    1) How long will you be in Cincy?
    2) How mobile will you be and at what hours will you have the freedom to drive places?
    3) What meals on what days are you looking to cover?
    4) Any particular type of food you'd really be up for?
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13493
    RE: To: TJ Jackson 2004/07/15 13:40:20 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by MikeSh

quote:

I never liked the Pizza Nuova/Pizza Nova.

If you liked the food at the Hibachi Grill, go try Sakkio of Japan in the downstairs food court at the Carew Tower. Same stuff, but prepared fresh before you instead of coming off a steam table, and ergo much much better. Easily one of my favorite cheap lunches in Cincinnati

TJ, tell me more about Sakkio please. I'll be in downtown Cincy starting Sunday. Where is the Carew Tower?

MikeS.

Anyone else with Cincy tips?

Sakkio of Japan has the best chicken Teri I have ever had. It is always prepared hot and fresh just for you. I always ask for extra sauce. They are in a lot of different cities

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4578
    RE: To: TJ Jackson 2004/07/15 15:13:26 (permalink)
    I too always ask for extra scoops of their sauce, usually 2-3 scoops extra depending on how generous the scoops are :-)
    MikeS.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5418
    RE: To: TJ Jackson 2004/07/15 17:07:01 (permalink)
    quote:

Signman has the right of it.

The Carew Tower is the tallest building in Cincinnati. Oddly enough, one of the restaurants reviewed by the Sterns [url='http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Writeup.aspx?ReviewID=1162&RefID=1162']Hathaways[/url]) is inside it on the ground floor - but I have never been impressed with Hathaways

The food court is on the lower level of the Carew Tower, and Sakkio of Japan is in the food court.

As far as other recommendations
    1) How long will you be in Cincy?
    2) How mobile will you be and at what hours will you have the freedom to drive places?
    3) What meals on what days are you looking to cover?
    4) Any particular type of food you'd really be up for?

TJ & Signman: Not the expert but a big fan. 2 trips does not the expert make :) This will be the third. I'll be there for a week. Sunday night to Saturday morning. I'll have Monday morning free and then again after 4PM. Tu - Fri I'll be at work from about 0730 - about 4 PM. Otherwise I'll be free and mobile. I'll be driving over from WVa. Mostly I'm looking to cover dinner (supper?) I like everything and I don't mind trying new foods at all.

Thanks for the info on the Carew tower. I thought it sounded familiar and now I can place it. It will be a definite lunch stop and maybe dinner too.

MikeS.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1