Today is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day!

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10211
2012/05/14 18:08:53 (permalink)

Today is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day!

When it comes to something that's both simple AND complex, Making a perfect Buttermilk Biscuit is one of a cook's supreme challanges. I've been tying for YEARS, DECADES, to perfect my Buttermilk Biscuits - Sometimes it's close to perfection, other times not so close.
Back in 1988, I won the 1st place Trophy at the Lake Wobegon Powdermilk Biscuit Bake-Off Contest sponsored by the local NPR station that carried the Prairie Home Companion Show in Pensacola, Fl. I was up against some Lovely old blue haired ladies who had trouble keeping their biscuits in the basket. They were so light, they kept floating away! Mine were like Hockey Pucks. Don't have any idea how I won the thing.
In order to avoid frustration from making them from scratch, I now use Pioneer Brand Buttermilk Biscuit Mix and it makes a very good biscuit. http://www.pioneerbrand.com/style%20library/pages/home.aspx
As far as eating out, the biscuits at Harlow's Cafe in Tempe, AZ are to die for.
So Where do you get your favorite Biscuits?
What's your Secret Recipe?
What fond memories do you have of Biscuit Experiences?

1 Reply Related Threads

CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Today is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day! 2012/05/14 20:00:47 (permalink)
    I hope the big bad biscuits share the day with the poor little scones.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1