Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10074
2008/08/12 00:39:29 (permalink)

Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL

From the writeup-
"I get the parmesan potatoes without parmesan and the garlic toast without garlic."
Do you also order the crabs without the crabmeat???

10 Replies Related Threads

Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5045
    RE: Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL 2008/08/12 01:20:14 (permalink)
    I noticed the crab balls were $7.00. I didn't know crabs, had balls.
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4512
    RE: Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL 2008/08/12 07:10:56 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Twinwillow

I noticed the crab balls were $7.00. I didn't know crabs, had balls.

Only the males of course. The problem is finding which set of legs they are between.
    bwave
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 231
    RE: Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL 2008/08/12 07:35:58 (permalink)
    Ack! $19.95 for 6 crabs and some french fries?! Here in Maryland/Delaware, you can get all you can eat crabs for $27.95, which includes all you can eat corn on the cob, hushpuppies, shrimp, and clam strips as well.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6187
    RE: Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL 2008/08/12 08:20:40 (permalink)
    Sounds good....but only if those hushpuppies are good!!!!
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    RE: Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL 2008/08/12 08:45:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by leethebard

What sounds good? I could find not one word describing the flavor or quality of the food. I know that some posters have had disagreements with food evaluations, but there is nothing in the review judging the food at all!

I order my half-dozen blue crabs or three jumbo crabs when they are in. The blue crab dinner comes with French fries, which I take a pass on. Instead, I get the parmesan potatoes without parmesan and the garlic toast without garlic. And a side of butter and seasonings in which to dip my crabmeat.
    juleebella
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 127
    RE: Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL 2008/08/12 08:59:00 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by MiamiDon

quote:

What sounds good? I could find not one word describing the flavor or quality of the food. I know that some posters have had disagreements with food evaluations, but there is nothing in the review judging the food at all!

I order my half-dozen blue crabs or three jumbo crabs when they are in. The blue crab dinner comes with French fries, which I take a pass on. Instead, I get the parmesan potatoes without parmesan and the garlic toast without garlic. And a side of butter and seasonings in which to dip my crabmeat.

I believe that was in response to the all you can eat crab dinner for $27.95, not the original post.
    jellybear
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1135
    RE: Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL 2008/08/12 09:05:59 (permalink)
    Those Crabs look pitiful!I dont even think they were legal enough to keep.
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    RE: Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL 2008/08/12 09:08:22 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by juleebella

quote:
    Originally posted by MiamiDon

quote:

I believe that was in response to the all you can eat crab dinner for $27.95, not the original post.

Ah, I get it. It sounds like a bargain to Lee. Thanks.
    Baah Ben
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3026
    RE: Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL 2008/08/12 09:09:01 (permalink)
    MiamiDon - My exact thoughts. I'm reading this and she has taken off the garlic and the cheese and askes for her seasonings separately? Ok, whatever...But, she sounds like a finicky eater. Her right, of course, but I wonder if I'd agree wtih her recommendation on this place...

$18 for 6 crabs..Is this the going price today? Seems reasonable. The last time I had something close to these was at the Rustic Inn in Ft. Lauderdale..There, we always ordered their "Golden Crabs" because they had more meat. Same wood hammers and brown paper though. These looked pretty good! They did serve them at the Rustin Inn, too. We just always got the other ones.

Don't you like when the juices for your neighbor's crab enter your space?

Jullington Creek is not in downtown Jacksonville. Not sure where this place is But, we do not have places like this to the best of my knowledge so it's good to know about it. Hey, thanks for the pictures and the heads up.
    brittneal
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1265
    RE: Today's Post-Blue Crab Crabhouse, Jax, FL 2008/08/12 23:48:03 (permalink)
    I envey you guys. In the whole SW ohio region I cant find one place serving blue crabs. Once in the food court by Mortons in Civci, I got close. The cajun vendor had soft shell po' boys/ they were sold out that time tho. King and snow can be found all over and the chinese buffet hast fried dung. legs every day. But no blue.
    A couple years back I bought some pre cooked blues at the kroger fissh market. I did a quck reeat in boiling water and they were "dry" and flat.
    britt
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1