The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Today's roadfood entry

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
Today's roadfood entry Tue, 05/6/08 9:36 AM (permalink)
When my BF and I sailed down to the Key's in January, "The Buzzard's Roost" was the first place we actually got out of the boat to eat. We would both agree that this place has great food. Although I did not have the hogfish, I had a wonderful fried grouper sandwich and a couple of good cold beers, the potato salad was quite good too. My BF had a burger and the fresh fruit They have a couple of friendly "restaurant" cats that like to hang out with you if you eat outside. Although this may turn some people off it didn't bother me a bit. This also gave us a chance to excersise our "sea legs" and walk around the neighborhood in which the restaurant is in the back of, over to the conveinence store for some supplies(beer and junk food)and we purchased our ice at the marina. The people at the restaurant are very friendly as were the people we passed going in and out of the channel. We liked it so much we stopped back by on our way up to Miami. The only other place we ate off the boat was "Sundowners" which was further south. This is the place with the good Key Lime Martini's!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com