Tragedy At Indiana's State Fair

Author
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6394
2011/08/13 22:46:19 (permalink)

Tragedy At Indiana's State Fair

A severe storm blew through the Indiana State Fair Grounds this evening during the "Sugarland" concert.  The severe storm blew over the light towers at the concert killing 4 people and injuring many more.

http://news.yahoo.com/4-d...llapses-022800469.html

4 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15285
    Re:Tragedy At Indiana's State Fair 2011/08/14 09:17:18 (permalink)
    Our wind gauge was damaged by a falling tree brance in that "Front-Generated" series of Thunderstorms. It registered winds of 70mph before it broke.  It was a brief, but rather forceful set of winds and heavy rain, very little thunder or visible lightning.
      Being out in an outdoor arena during that burst would have been a very scary situation.
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3515
    Re:Tragedy At Indiana's State Fair 2011/08/14 10:45:13 (permalink)
    I've been following this since it happened, and been alternately sick to my stomach and bawling my eyes out. There are now five confirmed dead and that number is expected to rise. One of the Indianapolis local union spotlight operators (one of my union brothers) was the fifth death, and another one is in the ICU and it doesn't look good.

Words cannot describe the feeling in the pit of my stomach watching video of this happening. I build, climb in, and work under identical stage roofs just about every day of my life in summer. It's hard not to picture myself standing there.
    irisarbor
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 610
    Re:Tragedy At Indiana's State Fair 2011/08/14 14:45:10 (permalink)
    We were actually driving home along the Michigan harbor country yesterday afternoon and had a huge wall of wind go past us with a massive amount of leaves that were ripped off of trees and a phenimenal amount of dust.
    It was like nothing I have ever seen.
    I was greatly saddened, but not surprised, to hear this story when we got home (safely) on the news last night.  
    I hope your friend in the ICU does better than expected. 
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8389
    Re:Tragedy At Indiana's State Fair 2011/08/14 17:23:03 (permalink)
    This was a sad situation. Mother nature can, and is, cruel. And then there is man made situations at the Wisconsin State Fair. Hundreds of black kids attacking white people randomly. I am not saying anything that hasnt been reported and charged. One kid said"White people are easy targets" They were pulling people off their motorcycles and out of cars. Hate crime charges have been added to their other crimes. 7 cops in the hospital( 2 still there) and many people had to be seen at area hospitals for injuries.Sad, sad, sad.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1