The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 36
chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1952
Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Mon, 08/17/09 9:42 PM (permalink)

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
    Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Mon, 08/17/09 10:02 PM (permalink)
    Wow, Looks great Chef........Good luck, I bet you can't wait to work your magic in that kitchen.................The Best ..........Bill

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Mon, 08/17/09 10:07 PM (permalink)
      Nice, very nice. Go knock them out.
      Jack

Mn_Mike

• Total Posts: 1
        Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Mon, 08/17/09 10:57 PM (permalink)
        Great looking trailer! Very nice!

MaineStreet

• Total Posts: 7
          Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Mon, 08/17/09 11:18 PM (permalink)
          Your trailer looks awesome.  I've been building a trailer in my head for a while and hope it turns out this nice.  Good luck.

chefbuba

Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Mon, 08/17/09 11:52 PM (permalink)
            I have been planning this (plotting) in my head for a while too. It just seems sooooo long from the time of order to delivery... actually it was not too bad, 6 weeks on the nose!

Labor & Industries and health inspection on Thursday, First foor delivery friday, prep, prep, prep. Hopefuly I can be turning a dime on Saturday!

There is a couple of things I will add as time and $$ permit. I will replace the shelf that will be over the sinks with cabinets, and replace the table under the service window with 1 cabinet and a refer.  I was at my budget as it sits.

Curbside Grill

• Total Posts: 3916
              Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Tue, 08/18/09 3:03 AM (permalink)
              Nice trailer. I'd love to be able to dirty that.
              I know what my menu would be. Being inside opens so many doors.

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
                • Roadfood Insider
                Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Tue, 08/18/09 7:10 AM (permalink)
                chefbuba

I have been planning this (plotting) in my head for a while too. It just seems sooooo long from the time of order to delivery... actually it was not too bad, 6 weeks on the nose!

Labor & Industries and health inspection on Thursday, First foor delivery friday, prep, prep, prep. Hopefuly I can be turning a dime on Saturday!

There is a couple of things I will add as time and $$ permit. I will replace the shelf that will be over the sinks with cabinets, and replace the table under the service window with 1 cabinet and a refer.  I was at my budget as it sits.

Chef,
                I was fascinated with the sink at the end of your trailer as I watched the process of building in the pictures you posted. It looked as though the cabinets were installed and then the sink was dropped in. Is that correct? I know you'll be very busy when you get your unit but if you can find the time would you take some photos of the water tanks, plumbing, and what ever else is plumbed under the sinks.

Many trailer builders leave that area under the sink open and I think the cabinets are an awesome idea. And as I get back to working on my truck I'd love to get some tips from how your builder built your trailer.

Thanks
                Jack

ice queen

• Total Posts: 38
                  Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Tue, 08/18/09 8:45 AM (permalink)
                  Wow, very nice setup there!  Best of luck to you!

Stephanie

chefbuba

Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Tue, 08/18/09 11:15 AM (permalink)
                    Dr of BBQ

chefbuba

Chef,
                    I was fascinated with the sink at the end of your trailer as I watched the process of building in the pictures you posted. It looked as though the cabinets were installed and then the sink was dropped in. Is that correct? I know you'll be very busy when you get your unit but if you can find the time would you take some photos of the water tanks, plumbing, and what ever else is plumbed under the sinks.

Many trailer builders leave that area under the sink open and I think the cabinets are an awesome idea. And as I get back to working on my truck I'd love to get some tips from how your builder built your trailer.

Thanks
                    Jack

The water tank, pump and heater are all on one side under the sink,  I think the only storage is under the produce/hand sink. The enclosed sink area looks so much better than just left open as I saw on all of the other trailers I got bids on.

What he did with the floor was cove the diamond plate 4", then built a platform the height of the wheel well, essentially 4" That is diamond plate also. All the equipment sits on that platform, leaving a "trough". I think it will be easier to keep clean, as there is no where for food, water, ect to collect under the appliances and will make clean up at the end of the day a breeze.

chefbuba

Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Thu, 08/20/09 1:28 AM (permalink)
                      Well the trailer was delivered this afternoon.. Fantastic!  They did a great job on it. The fit and finish is very good.... Very clean work.  I think I got my $$ worth.

Have to take it about an hour away to Yakima to have the mechanical inspection done at 8am tomorrow, then try to get health done in the afternoon or Fri morning.  I have a delivery coming at 5;30am Friday.....then I have to go back to Yakima to do Costco, Cash & carry, restaurant supply.. Than get with it prepping. Maybe open Saturday!  Hope so, I have to start paying for this beast.

Curbside Grill

Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Thu, 08/20/09 2:01 AM (permalink)
                        Where are you going to set-up. Still have friends that travel that area.

chefbuba

Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Fri, 08/21/09 4:13 PM (permalink)
                          Curbside Grill

Where are you going to set-up. Still have friends that travel that area.

I'm in Ellensburg, WA

chefbuba

Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Fri, 08/21/09 4:16 PM (permalink)
                            The health inspector just left. Operating permit in hand!  Time to go to work!

wrkn365

• Total Posts: 1
                              Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Sat, 08/22/09 11:19 AM (permalink)
                              Wow, that's a beautiful trailer.  Nice setup!

jayhotdog

• Total Posts: 19
                                Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Wed, 05/5/10 12:00 AM (permalink)
                                this is niceeeeeeeeee

knifeguy

• Total Posts: 49
                                  Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Wed, 05/5/10 7:56 AM (permalink)
                                  Very nice! Best of luck on your opening.

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
                                    Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Wed, 05/5/10 8:30 AM (permalink)
                                    I think this is the 9th anniversary of Bubba's Grand opening, What the hell pass the Tequila.......................Billyb

chefbuba

Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Wed, 05/5/10 10:30 AM (permalink)
                                      You would think that I just had my grand opening...New customers daily that ask..Did you just open...How long you been here?....  Uhhh... 8 months!.. Seems that the 1000's that I spent on advertising was just $$ flushed down the toilet....

localnet

• Total Posts: 1064
                                        Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Wed, 05/5/10 10:45 AM (permalink)
                                        She is a BEAUTY! Good luck and may you be VERY profitable!

Ice Cream Man

• Total Posts: 1370
                                          Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Wed, 05/5/10 1:31 PM (permalink)
                                          Word of mouth and signage are the only advertising that I ever felt I got my moneys worth.

chefbuba

Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Wed, 05/5/10 7:59 PM (permalink)
                                            Word of mouth is absolutly the best type of free advertising......

Ice Cream Man

• Total Posts: 1370
                                              Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Wed, 05/5/10 8:19 PM (permalink)
                                              Most times, sometimes if you know your customer a little extra makes them talk more.

holdem

• Total Posts: 411
                                                Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Wed, 05/5/10 10:48 PM (permalink)
                                                Looks great. What's on the menu?

chefbuba

Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Wed, 05/5/10 11:33 PM (permalink)
                                                  Burgers, cheese steaks, pastrami, french dip, pulled pork, and a few others....hand cut fries, soup, daily blue plate special, (today was chinese 5 spice roast pork over coconut fried rice, tomorrow is chicken fried steak, garlic mash & gravy)  Fish taco friday's....  All sands on a toasted Amoroso Bakery roll.. Just simple stuff done well.

chefbuba

Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Wed, 05/5/10 11:37 PM (permalink)
                                                    I have a few folks that always get something.... little extra meat on the cheese steak... or a free soda, or side or something.... They talk me up around town, and have refered a bunch of people.

Curbside Grill

• Location: Lawrenceburg, TN
                                                      Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Thu, 05/6/10 12:45 AM (permalink)
                                                      chefbuba

Burgers, cheese steaks, pastrami, french dip, pulled pork, and a few others....hand cut fries, soup, daily blue plate special, (today was chinese 5 spice roast pork over coconut fried rice, tomorrow is chicken fried steak, garlic mash & gravy)  Fish taco friday's....  All sands on a toasted Amoroso Bakery roll.. Just simple stuff done well.

If I started now be there by Fri.  3:30pm. LOL
                                                      Double order of fries for sure.
                                                      And Whatever is left. That just got my wife and I hungry.
                                                      One day though. Wife still aggravating me on retiring to WA
                                                      her favorite place was Bellingham.
                                                      'Sit on the porch and develop a good Rust'
                                                      Her saying not mine.

chefbuba

• Location: Near You, WA
                                                        Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Thu, 05/6/10 12:59 AM (permalink)
                                                        Def would develop a coat of rust in Bellingham...

Mamie

• Total Posts: 202
                                                          Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Sun, 09/5/10 1:14 PM (permalink)
                                                          very nice layout ... you have a stove, a griddle  and a hotplate?  I didn't see any burners on the stove, do you use a griddle on top of that?

and, do you use your oven and do you have a steamtable/hot wells?

NotJustDawgs

• Total Posts: 5
                                                            • Location: Rolla, MO
                                                            Re:Trailer's Finished!! Updated pics Mon, 08/29/11 5:04 PM (permalink)
                                                            Congrads! It's not only nice but DAMN nice. Wish you all the luck in the world.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 36

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com