The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Trip One- Norridgewock to Sanford then home

bakman_01570

• Total Posts: 98
Trip One- Norridgewock to Sanford then home Sun, 07/22/07 2:27 PM (permalink)
We just got back from a trip north. We started off the day for breakfast in Auburn, MA at a place called The Coffee Mug. I had a spinach and feta omelot, which was very good. My daughters seemed to enjoy their over sized pancakes.

We drove north to my in-laws in Norridgewock, ME. I visited a small brewery called Oak Pond Brewery in Skowhegan. Here is web site:http://oakpondbrewery.com/. I picked up a couple of growlers which are basically a half gallon jug of beer in a glass container. The beer is quite yummy. No food here though. I hope its acceptable to include info on my report about the beer.

My family and I were fed well while at my in-laws. We did manage to go out for lunch one day to a place called the Asian Cafe which is located just outside of Waterville in a town called Winslow. I got Massaman Curry but the best meal my in-laws got which was Okdol-Bibimbab which is a Korean dish with rice and marinated vegetables that comes in a sizzling stone pot and topped with a fried egg. Everyone at the table shared some and enjoyed it quite a bit.

The Asian Place has Thai, Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese Cuisine.

We spend the past couple of days at a friends place in Sanford, ME. We were fed well, especially enjoying Gina's Fettucine Alfredo. Last night we placed mini golf in Wells and though we traveled a bit up and down Rt One, we DID NOT stop at the many restaurants along the way.

We are going to Lake Winnepesaukee later this week for trip two.

• Total Posts: 222
    RE: Trip One- Norridgewock to Sanford then home Wed, 07/25/07 12:34 PM (permalink)
    I've got to pay more attention to the forums, as you were in my backyard!
    Oak Pond is a dandy little microbrewry that used to get distributed as far south as Portland; the good stuff is the Dooryard Porter and White Fox Ale.
    Asian Cafe is indeed good, I try to get there a couple of times a year. It's a favorite spot for the Korean, Japanese, and Chinese students at Maine Central Institute 15 miles up I95 in Pittsfield.
    Give me a shout the next time you visit the in-laws and I'll vector you in to some other good spots in the area.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com