Trip Report Beaumont, Texas Area

Author
John B
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 114
2007/08/21 20:17:46 (permalink)

Trip Report Beaumont, Texas Area

This will be the first trip report I've ever done so I hope it will be helpful to those traveling to this area.

I was in Texas last week to bury my Mom and while there had to have some of the good Texas food I've missed for many years. I started my trip in Beaumont and the first stop was at Novarsky's for lunch on Tuesday in Beaumont. After reading here about the place I had the chicken fried steak. First time I've had chicken fried steak in years and it was wonderful. The steak was cooked just right and the white gravy was excellent. Good fries and a Dr Pepper finished the meal.

That night I drove down to Winnie, Texas for shrimp gumbo and fried shrimp with dirty rice at Al-T's. It was the best gumbo since what my Mom used to make. The fried shrimp were excellent and the rice was just right. The gumbo was so good I had a cup for dessert!

On Wednesday I drove over to Groves, Texas to eat lunch at Larry's Cajun Kitchen. Once again I had the shrimp and crab gumbo with fried shrimp and dirty rice. The gumbo was excellent but I give a slight edge to Al-T's gumbo.

Wednesday night it was BBQ at Willy Ray's in Beaumont. I was really looking forward to some good brisket. I had the sliced brisket sandwich but the meat was a little on the dry side but the flavor was very good. The sauce was OK but not really to my liking.

Thursday night found me at Bodacious BBQ in White Oak, Texas. This had always been my favorite place for BBQ in East Texas and it was all that I remembered. I had the sliced brisket sandwich. All washed down with a Dr Pepper. The meat was tender and moist and the BBQ sauce has to be the best in East Texas.

That about did it for any Roadfood for this trip. After that it was back to North Carolina and the real world.

1 Reply Related Threads

CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6460
    RE: Trip Report Beaumont, Texas Area 2007/08/22 02:41:47 (permalink)
    John B

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.

Glad roadfood could be there to help you during that time.

Thanks for taking the time to post about your roadfood adventure.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1