Trip Report - Cajun Festival, Norfolk Va - w/pics

Author
Mags81
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 84
2007/06/27 22:15:31 (permalink)

Trip Report - Cajun Festival, Norfolk Va - w/pics

Went to the annual Bayou Boogaloo Cajun Food Festival in Norfolk, Va on Saturday, June 23, 2007. This was my fourth straight year going to this event and it's one of if not my favorite!

The event is held at Town Point Park in Norfolk, Va right by the Norfolk Waterside

This was my first stop

I ordered the Crawfish Etoufee, it was great!

And the chicken on a stick - a huge piece of chicken and it was fried nicely. There was also a cajun/creole seasoning on the chicken itself - you were only able to notice this when the fried part fell off in places

Off to my next stop

I got the Shrimp Creole. It was good but I was hoping for grilled shrimp rather than fried shrimp. The fried shrimp were good, nice and crispy and there were lots of them but just thought grilled or seasoned shrimp would have mixed better with it

I also went back to this stand and got the red beand and rice topped with grilled cajun catfish - it was real good!

Another stand that I had to hit

I got the jambalaya topped with some beans

After I mixed it all together a bit

Just a close-up, this was also very good - I'd really be in trouble if they had this event year round

For those people who like "spicy", they had this stand where you could sample various hot sauces etc...

Just before I was leaving - got a quick shot of the sun setting down the Elizabeth river

1 Reply Related Threads

CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6559
    RE: Trip Report - Cajun Festival, Norfolk Va - w/pics 2007/06/28 03:27:45 (permalink)
    Lookin Good, I garontee!

Tis nice when us Cajun's can be invited up north, and feed yall sum good ol cajun creations!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1