Trip Report- Chicago to Fort Worth and back

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
planojim
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 175
RE: Trip Report- Chicago to Fort Worth and back 2005/04/13 16:08:16 (permalink)
so glad that you stopped into Clarks. By far the best BBQ north Texas. Nice people there too. And, if you can imagine, the BBQ, was even better before Mr Clark passed away in 1998.

MMMMMM.....a double double from Whataburger.

Next time you're in Fort Worth, eat at Angelo's BBQ. You'll have eaten at two of the better BBQ places in the country.

And Kincaid's serves the the best burger in DFW.
Aaaaaargh
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: Trip Report- Chicago to Fort Worth and back 2005/04/14 18:30:41 (permalink)
I second the vote for Doc's in Wichita. The garlic salad is good, like they say, but it's nothing like what I expected -- they literally serve it with ice cream scoops. And Wichita's not bad, even though it is kind of a dump. They're working on it.

Just past Kansas City, in Independence, is a great breakfast place called the Big Biscuit. It's not just a clever name -- you get sandwiches on biscuits the size of burger buns. Good waffles too.

I missed how Milwaukee got into this, but I really liked McBob's when we went there. The tacos are more like burritos, but they're great. Make sure you take the right route to get there -- you go through kind of a sketchy area, but it's way on the fringe of that.
JS1974
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Trip Report- Chicago to Fort Worth and back 2005/10/14 12:32:03 (permalink)
Why do you hate Wichita? Is the food so awful there? I grew there, and I know the town has several wonderful places to eat.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18256
RE: Trip Report- Chicago to Fort Worth and back 2005/10/14 12:44:29 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by JS1974

Why do you hate Wichita? Is the food so awful there? I grew there, and I know the town has several wonderful places to eat.

I have to tell you this. Several years ago my wife and I were in Wichita for a conference and we met this very nice local couple who insisted on taking us out to dinner to introduce us to some of the great food in that city. It turned out to be Chi Chi's. Honest!

Oh, and we did get to have other meals at local places that were excellent.
JS1974
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Trip Report- Chicago to Fort Worth and back 2005/10/17 13:42:03 (permalink)
I apologize on behalf of the foodies in Wichita. Chi-Chi's? What were they thinking? Where else did you eat?

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:
Originally posted by JS1974

I have to tell you this. Several years ago my wife and I were in Wichita for a conference and we met this very nice local couple who insisted on taking us out to dinner to introduce us to some of the great food in that city. It turned out to be Chi Chi's. Honest!

Oh, and we did get to have other meals at local places that were excellent.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1