The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 15, messages 271 to 300 of 442
Sundancer7

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Sun, 01/29/06 9:19 AM (permalink)
Al, perhaps I read it wrong but the hours you posted indicated that they close at 3:00PM. I hope that is wrong as we were planning on being there at 6:00PM.

Maybe it was a typo and you mean't 3:00AM?

OOPS, I read on down and it appears that they reopen at 5:00PM. That works.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15073
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Sun, 01/29/06 9:35 AM (permalink)

As one retiree to another, I should have highlighted that time also !! I didn't see it either, the first time I checked out the Website. I thought we would have to eat in the "Grill" (formal) or the Bar...But the Cafe should do us well. I think we are close to 12 in number there, but will wait a bit to allow everyone to think about the timing for their trips.

For those going down to the Owensboro area after dinner Friday evening it is less than 2 hours from Louisville. For those staying in the Louisville area, we will try to have some suggestions for Saturday morning breakfast and "sightseeing" in Louisville ready to pass out Friday evening.

Remember there is a ONE hour time difference between Louisville and Owensboro/Evansville (and Nashville).

Oneiron339

• Total Posts: 2075
      RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Sun, 01/29/06 9:59 AM (permalink)
      We're still uncommitted for Fri. evening. Depends on when we leav ATL, weather, etc. It's a long way to drive for a sandwich - it better be good.

pcdiva

• Total Posts: 591
        RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 01/30/06 8:42 AM (permalink)
        Thanks for the update. All the info I could find must have been about the Grill.

Alice

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
          RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 01/30/06 8:49 AM (permalink)
          1-Iron,
          Think more in terms of a small cassarole than a sandwich. I hope the weather holds as it has so far this winter. We have been 'enjoying' a very mild winter! One local weatherman predicts some colder weather early next month, but then lightening up again in time for the BBQ Session. We will hope he is 'in the know'.

Oneiron339

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 01/30/06 5:09 PM (permalink)
            Not quite three weeks away, but if your weatherman is like ours, I'll wait until I can stick my hand outside the window to check the conditions.

AvalancheDriver

• Total Posts: 28
              RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 01/30/06 5:37 PM (permalink)
              Bad news guys...

This thing (schedule) at work has me listed to work the 18th... If I cannot make it, I am fairly sure that my wife will.

More to follow,

AvalancheDriver

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 01/30/06 6:16 PM (permalink)

A D... Let me know if you need me to talk to your Probation Officer??? We can write great "Religious Holiday Released Time Excuse Notes"!! We need you there!

Oneiron339

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Thu, 02/2/06 7:43 AM (permalink)
                  OK boys and girls! Two + weeks till the Moonlite. We are getting our door prize this weekend, getting the car serviced and swearing off BBQ during the interim. Are there still 30 committments? To all who are planning - see you there! Am trying to convince Mrs. Oneiron to go to L-Ville for a Hot Brown on Friday eve.

Sundancer7

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Thu, 02/2/06 7:55 AM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by Oneiron339

OK boys and girls! Two + weeks till the Moonlite. We are getting our door prize this weekend, getting the car serviced and swearing off BBQ during the interim. Are there still 30 committments? To all who are planning - see you there! Am trying to convince Mrs. Oneiron to go to L-Ville for a Hot Brown on Friday eve.

Actually Oneiron, Louisville ain't that far from Atlanta. Go to Chattanooga, Nashville and the next stop is downtown Louisville. It will not begin until 6:00PM. Check out a little early on Friday and head up the road.

I will be there and it is about 246 miles from Knoxville. That is a four hour drive. I probably will leave a little earlier as I will have to make a pit stop along the way

Looking forward to sharing my first experience with a Kentucky Hot brown with you and Mrs. Oneiron. Make sure she brings her camera.

The next day will also be fun. I am staying in Evansville and will drive there after my experience at the Brown Hotel.

Paul E. Smith
                    Knoxville, TN

Oneiron339

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Thu, 02/2/06 9:45 AM (permalink)
                      Does anyone know if the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY is open on Sundays?

Sundancer7

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Thu, 02/2/06 9:51 AM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by Oneiron339

Does anyone know if the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY is open on Sundays?

I am pretty sure that it is. I have attached their website. I have visited the museum before and it is very good. It is across the street from the plant. Look at the top of their web site and it indicates that they are only closed on holidays.

I have owned two Vettes. A new 1975 and a used 1977. I wish I still had the 1975 but they are antiques as compared to the new ones.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/

Paul E. Smith
                        Knoxville, TN

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                          RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Thu, 02/2/06 10:25 AM (permalink)

I got word yesterday that Seafarer and Mrs. Seafarer confirmed they will be in attendance. Also 6Star from Peoria has confirmed. Sadly the "Ale's" from N J won't be able to make it. Avalanche Driver is working on a schedule conflict, but his family will make it even if they have to leave him at work. Poverty Pete and Sundancer and The Bushie delegation will be there! As will the Mystery Woman from Ohio! The 2 Bobs brothers and the Pappy's are on the list also! Rick F , Iwannago, the Mayor and his child bride, and several more who I will have to check off my list when I find it will make a great group to share an afternoon with....
                          Overall Headcount is between 30 and 38 for the Moonlite BBQ! The Friday HOT BROWN Session looks like a dozen or so will check out the Brown Hotel that night.

We will do a roll call about a week before the gathering. Things are shaping up nicely! While the weather may turn COLDER than the record warm January we have just enjoyed, the forecasts for the month don't show major storms (yet!) Cross your Fingers for a mild weekend!

aleswench

• Total Posts: 686
                            RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Thu, 02/2/06 1:25 PM (permalink)
                            You are all going to have a wonderful time. I'm so glad that the NY area will be represented by John & Gail. What a blast....I'm so bummed. We'll be thinking about everyone. Sigh....Sue

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                              RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Thu, 02/2/06 10:15 PM (permalink)
                              My door prize is now safely resting in my refrigerator. The only hint I'm willing to divulge is that I purchased it from the outlet at Broadbent's in Cadiz, Ky. You can reasonably assume that it has to do with pork.

AvalancheDriver

• Total Posts: 28
                                RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Fri, 02/3/06 9:26 AM (permalink)
                                Mmmmm, PORK!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                  RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Fri, 02/3/06 4:43 PM (permalink)
                                  Another Small Tweak in the logistics... I visited the Cafe in theBrown Hotel this morning for Breakfast. They have a buffet full of neat goodies, and I wanted to check the place out, so while Janet was visiting a Doctor next door, I stopped in. I am glad that I did. As of Feb. 1 this year, the Cafe is no longer open in the evenings. The Manager took care of checking for certain that table space and casual dress will be available for us in the Thoroughbred Lounge 2 weeks from tonight! I will call in a specific number next friday...So anyone still in the planning mode for that evenings activity as part of the Glee Club activity that weekend....Get your plans set !!

Oneiron339

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Fri, 02/3/06 4:56 PM (permalink)
                                    As of now count us in.

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                      RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Fri, 02/3/06 6:43 PM (permalink)
                                      A related photo from the Brown Hotel- Here are my Biscuits and Gravy and a side of Bacon and Link Sausage. I wasn't in the mood for the French Toast or Fruit cups this morning. I had to make do with this---

Those are two little Cream-Cheese filled Danish in the rear.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                        RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Fri, 02/3/06 6:57 PM (permalink)

As of tonite (2/3/06) I have Mayor(2),Sundancer(1),Iwwanago(1),PCDIVA(1), One-Iron(2), Ian'sMom(2),PP's Friend(1),Sauceman(2),Tumbleweed365??(1)

That makes a Baker's Dozen on Friday at the Brown Hotel the way I count. If anyone else wants to check out a HOT BROWN...Email me and I will add you to the reservation list. 6PM Friday the 17th at the Brown Hotel. Ask the Doorman for directions to the Lounge!

Sundancer7

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Fri, 02/3/06 7:35 PM (permalink)
                                          quote:
                                          Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

A related photo from the Brown Hotel- Here are my Biscuits and Gravy and a side of Bacon and Link Sausage. I wasn't in the mood for the French Toast or Fruit cups this morning. I had to make do with this---

Those are two little Cream-Cheese filled Danish in the rear.

Al, that is a breakfast. I feel sure that you did not leave hungry.
                                          Looks great to me. I am glad you checked it out.

I got a email from Iwannago. This person is in LA for a 8 day meeting but feels sure that she will be able to fly into Louisville from a meeting Chicago. I will pick her up.

Paul E. Smith
                                          Knoxville, TN

Paul E. Smith
                                          Knoxville, TN

Art Deco

• Total Posts: 890
                                            RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Fri, 02/3/06 10:36 PM (permalink)
                                            Y'all have fun! My apologies for not being around much lately. I've had a job change and it's taking a lot of extra time while I get up to speed. I will not be making it to Owensboro, so y'all will have to eat extra for me. Enjoy!

Poverty Pete

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Sat, 02/4/06 2:04 AM (permalink)
                                              ...eat extra for Pogo...check...remember door prize...check...

Sundancer7

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Sat, 02/4/06 8:11 AM (permalink)
                                                Pogo, we will miss you sincerely. I am sorry to hear that you will not make it.

Paul E. Smith
                                                Knoxville, TN

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                  RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Sun, 02/5/06 7:48 PM (permalink)

POGO, You will be missed ! Can I draw your Doorprize????

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                    RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Sun, 02/5/06 7:59 PM (permalink)

BULLETIN- for Participants-

Door Prizes-
                                                    Tonight Janet and I spent a little time organizing and wrapping our door prize contibutions. She suggested that I notify all of you to please label your prizes either with a description or at least with a "CONTAINS ALCOHOL" note if the contents would be considered an 'adult beverage'. For example one of the prizes we are bringing is a bag containing the ingredients of a traditional Kentucky Mint Julep. Since this is definitely an "adult beverage" it would be inappropriate for a minor to 'draw' this prize. Help us by labeling your prize(s) if necessary. We will have numbered tickets for everyone at the dinner. Then we will draw those numbers and match the number to your ticket for the prize from the heap of them that will be available. If all works out like it did at the Crabfest there was more than one prize for just about everyone attending. Feel free to bring more than one prize to 'sweeten' the pile a bit if you wish.

Sundancer7

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Sun, 02/5/06 8:11 PM (permalink)
                                                      "The mayor" I am bring several door gifts. None of the will be alcoholic. They will be Typical East Tennneszee gifts with the exception of some exceptional coffee for some fortunate person.

Paul E. Smith
                                                      Knoxville, TN

Z66 Butch

• Total Posts: 198
                                                        RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Sun, 02/5/06 11:27 PM (permalink)
                                                        AvalancheDriver we will miss you if unable to attend! We are going to bring Max with us so be sure to tell Tumbleweed! Our grandaughter in Tennessee has never met him and she is looking forward to it. Talk to me about Warsaw when you have the time.

Buthc

Poverty Pete

• Location: Nashville, TN
                                                          RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Sun, 02/5/06 11:28 PM (permalink)
                                                          Mine won't be alcoholic, but my sister who is also coming to Owensboro, happens to live at Cascade Hollow, home of George Dickel. I wouldn't be at all surprised if...

Bushie

• Total Posts: 2902
                                                            • Location: Round Rock, TX
                                                            RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/6/06 11:04 AM (permalink)
                                                            quote:
                                                            Originally posted by pogophiles

I will not be making it to Owensboro,

$&%#@!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 15, messages 271 to 300 of 442

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com