The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006

Change Page: << < ..1112131415 > | Showing page 12 of 15, messages 331 to 360 of 442
mayor al

• Total Posts: 15075
  • Roadfood Insider
RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 1:18 PM (permalink)

ONE IRON, AND EVERYONE ELSE ALSO-[/b]

I just got off the phone with Pat Bosley of the Moonlite Family. He assures me that they will be ready for the onslaught of Roadfooders SATURDAY FEB 18th, AT 3:30PM CENTRAL TIME !
We can still arrive at 3:00PM but they will expect us on the buffet at 3:30...a good plan!
BE THERE !!!

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
    RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 5:14 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Scott,
    I understand the conflicting travel priorities you have, but I sure wish you and Jane could be here. I know you guys would really have a good time, and there are a number of folks who would be glad to see (or meet) you. I think these meetings go a long way at helping us all over the hurdles that sometimes arise using the "net only" for communications.

Here Here!! I REALLY wish i could get to this gathering!! I KNOW it will be awesome! would love to "break bread" with all you folks!! Gonna get together with Bushie yet!--maybe be could Brisket&sausage at next years Glee Club Gathering! Y'all eat an extra plate each for me now. ya hear?!

Sundancer7

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 6:08 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by tiki

quote:

Scott,
      I understand the conflicting travel priorities you have, but I sure wish you and Jane could be here. I know you guys would really have a good time, and there are a number of folks who would be glad to see (or meet) you. I think these meetings go a long way at helping us all over the hurdles that sometimes arise using the "net only" for communications.

Here Here!! I REALLY wish i could get to this gathering!! I KNOW it will be awesome! would love to "break bread" with all you folks!! Gonna get together with Bushie yet!--maybe be could Brisket&sausage at next years Glee Club Gathering! Y'all eat an extra plate each for me now. ya hear?!

Tiki, You know that Owensboro is not that far from OK. Fire up the van and meet us there.

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

Z66 Butch

• Total Posts: 198
        RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 7:25 PM (permalink)
        OK, since I have never met any of you, how will I know where you will be? I hear the Moonlite is a big place seating 350 or so. Will there be a banner or a special room that we will meet in? We could all wear big red hats so we know that we are a part of the group-------no wait, some other group already does that!

Our gift is wrapped and we are looking forward to the trip and the socializing!

Butch

Sundancer7

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 7:35 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by Z66 Butch

OK, since I have never met any of you, how will I know where you will be? I hear the Moonlite is a big place seating 350 or so. Will there be a banner or a special room that we will meet in? We could all wear big red hats so we know that we are a part of the group-------no wait, some other group already does that!

Our gift is wrapped and we are looking forward to the trip and the socializing!

Butch

Butch, just look around for the folks having the most fun. I think most of us will be arriving around 3:00PM. Most of us look like food lovers. All you gotta do is just ask if they are from roadfood.

I do not think you will have a problme although the place is huge. When you see a whole bunch of folks standing around having fun, I believe you will recoginize that you are there.

See you there.

Paul E. Smith
          Knoxvillle, TN

Bushie

• Total Posts: 2902
            RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 7:59 PM (permalink)
            quote:

Wish you could be there, tiki.

Bushie

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 8:03 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Z66 Butch

OK, since I have never met any of you, how will I know where you will be?

I don't think you'll have a real hard time picking us out!

Look for the real handsome guys with the big...um...

tummies.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 8:39 PM (permalink)
                Butch,
                Ask the Hostess at the entrance for the Roadfood Group.We will be seated together in the "Board Room". We won't have a private room, but most of the other guests will probably move away from our tables when I announce the one rule..Keep One Foot On The Floor While You Eat!!

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                  RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 8:57 PM (permalink)
                  I'll be the one who is NOT wearing a big red hat...(harrumph! the very idea!!)

tiki

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 9:05 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by Sundancer7

Tiki, You know that Owensboro is not that far from OK. Fire up the van and meet us there.

Paul E. Smith
                    Knoxville, TN

If only i could---but i'm afraid the van has been sold to my daughter and is --at this moment-probably still snowed in at its parking space in Brooklyn! It is about to recieve a new carb and paint job---PINK!!!--It is now the official Band van for "Jen Urban and the Box"---the next big thing in Rock and Roll!! Watch out for that name and when shes rich and famos i will get you all tickets! Tomorro she is having video realase party somewhere in NY. If you check her out on the web---Be Forewarned--this is NOT your mothers rock and roll band!

Once she famos and taking care of dad i wont have to work any more and will make ALL the gatherings I will be there in spirit!

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7411
                      • Roadfood Insider
                      RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 10:13 PM (permalink)
                      quote:

Originally posted by Sundancer7
                      If you check her out on the web---Be Forewarned--this is NOT your mothers rock and roll band!
                      Once she famos and taking care of dad i wont have to work any more and will make ALL the gatherings I will be there in spirit!

Tiki I saw the website, which one is your daughter?

Bushie

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Mon, 02/13/06 10:28 PM (permalink)
                        My guess is that it's the girl in pink.

tiki

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Tue, 02/14/06 1:56 PM (permalink)
                          Pink!!---thats her!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                            RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Tue, 02/14/06 10:30 PM (permalink)

We received a donation to the Door Prize pool from Wandering Jew today. I take back 64.5% of the nasty things I have said about him!! Thanks Dale, I know some lucky BBQ eaters will enjoy your contributions.

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                              RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 4:12 AM (permalink)
                              64.5%? WJ, you must have passed along one helluva door prize, considering all the times Al has taken your name in vain. Whatever it is, I hope I draw it.

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
                                • Roadfood Insider
                                RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 4:35 AM (permalink)
                                All this fun, and you folks have to be so damn far down south... Maybe next round...

Oneiron339

• Total Posts: 2075
                                  RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 7:42 AM (permalink)
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by UncleVic

All this fun, and you folks have to be so damn far down south... Maybe next round...

South? I was complaining because I had to drive 400 miles to the North for this event

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                    RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 8:09 AM (permalink)

It is tough to be so "Middle of the Road" (Location-wise!)

Re- The door-prize, PP you'll love this one! Since it cost the WJ $32 and change to send it to me, I figured the least I can do is give him double the shipping costs in Forgiveness Points!

We are getting the dogs trimmed today....and the Bushie's arrive tomorrow afternoon. It is time for the Pre-game excitment to begin!

Sundancer7

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 8:23 AM (permalink)
                                      quote:

It is tough to be so "Middle of the Road" (Location-wise!)

Re- The door-prize, PP you'll love this one! Since it cost the WJ $32 and change to send it to me, I figured the least I can do is give him double the shipping costs in Forgiveness Points!

We are getting the dogs trimmed today....and the Bushie's arrive tomorrow afternoon. It is time for the Pre-game excitment to begin!

That is so neat of WJ. I think that we should all take him out to a local chain where he could enjoy some great fellowship

Thanks WJ for your contribution. We will miss you..

I will have several gifts that represent things that I enjoy and appreciate. I hope that whoever receives them will enjoy also.

To all who attend, you have no idea how much I enjoy this experience. This is our third year and it keeps growing and growing.

I will be leaving Knoxville on Friday about 11:00AM. It will give me a little time in Louisville to walk around and enjoy the downtown before I meet with the group at the Brown Hotel. I will enjoy the Hot Brown and after that, I will drive to Evansville to the residence Inn.

It appears that at this point, Iwaanago is still in althought it is still tenous due to work responsibilities.

I cannot wait for the Moonlite BBQ where i will enjoy pulled pork but I probably will skip the mutton. I look forward to the desserts also. After the dinner, I am driving to Nashville and will overnight at the Embassy Suites to meet with my brother and watch the Dayton 500 on Sunday.

Paul E. Smith
                                      Knoxville, TN

Z66 Butch

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 9:29 AM (permalink)
                                        quote:

If you see these two dogs walking around the edges of the lot looking for a "pee spot" it will be us at the other end of the leashes!

Meet Max and Rudy

Butch

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                          RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 10:26 AM (permalink)
                                          Butch , They make a nice couple !! Duff and Demi will ride down to O-boro with us, in hope of receiving BBQ treats on the way home!

Sundancer, Since you have already tried a Mutton Sandwich, you don't have to do it again Saturday. I get one or two pieces of Mutton each visit just to remind myself that I like the Pork better. I do hope that everyone will try a cup of Kentucky Burgoo. I will be interested in a taste comparison from those who are familiar with the Brunswick Stew of the Carolina and Georgia 'Que.
                                          Also recommended are the Brocolli Cheese Cassarole, Catfish, and Pulled Pork and Ribs on the Hot food side... On the cold side I always do a little of the slaw and potato salad, and from the Dessert area, Pecan or Chocolate Pecan Pie, Coconut Cream pie, and Blackberry Cobbler.

OK I'll quit now and get busy so I won't drool on the computer!

Z66 Butch

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 10:53 AM (permalink)
                                            MMmmmmmmmm BBQ!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                              RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 11:52 AM (permalink)

One Good Note- I filled the truck up with gas yesterday for $1.99 a gallon in Louisville. That's the first time in quite awhile that it was under the $2.00 level. On the Indiana side of the Ohio River it is still $2.10 or more most everywhere this morning. Owensboro and especially Henderson KY are noted to be the cheapest gas in the area, so plan to fill up while there.

Sundancer7

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 1:25 PM (permalink)
                                                Gas is still $2.19 in Knoxville. I just picked up my new car. About the same as the other new car that a kid tboned me. I traded it for this one. It has more bells and whistles but is esentially the same car. More horsepower and more gadgets.

Looking forward to Louisville and Owensboro.

Paul E. Smith
                                                knoxville, TN

IansMom

• Total Posts: 394
                                                  RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 2:14 PM (permalink)
                                                  Al, Ian will be with me and my friend.. so that makes 3 for the Brown.. I'm still debating the Moonlite... we just moved and still unloading the old house, plus.. I've caught a bit of a cold.. so we'll see about Sat.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                    RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 2:26 PM (permalink)
                                                    Randi,
                                                    We have plenty of room at the Brown for Ian. Glad he will join us. Saturday will be a good time, if you think you can make it. We can carpool, if that would help?? Lets talk about it Friday evening! By then you'll know if you feel up to it! See ya then.

Oneiron339

• Total Posts: 2075
                                                      RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 4:30 PM (permalink)
                                                      The Oneirons (or is it Oneiron and Twoiron?) are heading for L-ville and will go to the Loiusville Slugger Museum before heading to the Hot Brown festivities. See you all and everybody drive safe, especially Al since he's footing the bill.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                        RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 6:17 PM (permalink)
                                                        1-Iron, You've been at the Spanish Moss too much. Don't worry though, we can hock the Mrs.Iron new Camera at a local pawnshop to pay for your sandwich!! You guys drive carefully! See you Friday!

Keep in mind to pace yourself at the Moonlite. The Burgoo is great! The Rabbit food is good but the target is the variety of BBQ available. Here is/are a sample plate(s). Slaw and Potato Salad with Pickled Beets and a few shrimp on the left. Ribs, Pulled Pork, Mutton, and Catfish with Fried Apple Slices on the Right. Sweet Tea (what else), but other beverages are available.

Sundancer7

RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 6:30 PM (permalink)
                                                          We may have some other beverages available before the feast..

Definately looking forward to the Brown Hotel's Louisville Hot Brown.

I am looking forward to the fellowship with all my Roadfood friends.

See you guys there.

paul E. Smith
                                                          Knoxville, TN

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7411
                                                            • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                                            RE: Trip Report-Glee Club Owensboro KY Feb. 2006 Wed, 02/15/06 7:18 PM (permalink)
                                                            I'm so jealous that I'm going to miss that fantastic Mutton Q and all of your great company while I'm at some ho-hum 40th birthday party.[|)] And yes I'm going to show my friend what I wrote! For all those (BT) that think I'm self centered, now that's sacrifice!

Anyway, I'll be there in spirit and I sent a little bit of Rhode Island as one of the door prizes- Sorry- no clam rolls for those that were getting there hopes up high-

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..1112131415 > | Showing page 12 of 15, messages 331 to 360 of 442

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com