Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2401
Re:Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast 2012/08/22 16:58:30 (permalink)
Time to pick out and head back, for the trip home. It;s going to be in the 90's in Portland and over 100 degrees at how. We got into the outskirts of Portland for some last minute school clothes shopping for Mollie, she is the best dressed kid in school, she has good taste.
 We head over to for a quick lunch. Joyce has had a migraine for the last three days. Most people think I'm the cause of the migraine, I don't know what the Hell their talking about.
Otto's sausage is a fun place, they grill the sausage and hot dogs  outside. I asked the cook what was the best, he said the Pork sausage and hot dogs are a good start. Fine by me, one of each please.

I told him to smile, it's only 88 degrees, wait two hours you'll be sweating your buns off when it's 96 degrees.

This the grill Hot dog

We washed it down with this

Pork Sausage/ same as a German Sausage

I bought some of the German sausage and some Italian sausage for home. This is the German sausage smoked

this is the Italian Sausage, good quality, I made Sausage and pepper grinders with these sausages.

Otto's Sausage is a must stop while in Portland, Great people. They offer a large selection of fresh sausage, a few smoked sausage, 8 to 10 premade salads. I would stop here in a heartbeat.
The post is making me hungry, I just made one of the German sausage for lunch, I can't type and eat, see ya in a bit.

post edited by pnwchef - 2012/08/22 17:14:45
pnwchef
Re:Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast 2012/08/22 20:22:30 (permalink)
This is the last leg, the end of the

We left Otto's Sausage, and set the GPS for
Mr Chips told me about this Cafe, I was going to call and meet him, but Joyce just wanted to get the pie and run, she wasn't feeling well and it was getting hot. So, Mr Chips the next time around, the pie is on me.
I drove up to the Cafe in my Eco friendly Prius, and parked right in front of the Cafe. This is the kind of place the Eco friendly makes you look I walked over to the counter and asked what kinds of pie do you have today.

They had  a few berry, a few others and a few Cream pies. I took a Marionberry, Triple berry, and a Raspberry apple, to go. They packed them up real nice in ind containers, so they would travel well.
This is a list of the pies they offer

Apple
Apple Blueberry
Apple Marionberry
Apple Raspberry
Banana Cream
Butterscotch Cream

Cherry
Chocolate Cream
Chocolate Espresso
Cream
Chocolate Orange Cream
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream
Coconut Amaretto Cream
Coconut Cream
Espresso Cream
German Chocolate Cream
Key Lime Cream
Key Lime Meringue
Lemon Meringue
Lemon Raspberry Meringue
Marionberry

Peach
Peaches & Cream
Peach Blueberry
Peach Marionberry
Peach Raspberry
Pear Candied Ginger
Pear Raspberry
Pecan
Pumpkin
Pumpkin Orange Cream
Sour Cream Apple
Sour Cream Pumpkin
Strawberry Apricot
Strawberry Cream Cheese
Strawberry Rhubar
b
Triple Berry
They also offer a few other items on the counter.

The Cafe is pretty cool, it offers free Wifi, Coffee drinks, kind of a yuppie hang out. This isn't the Art & Croissant crowd, its more of the Backpack, herb garden kind of laid  back place.It has pictures of old Presidents on the walls, couches and living room chairs. They also have some tables along the picture wall.

I packed the pie in the cooler, and headed for home. I lost one of the pies to a leaking ice ziploc bag that dripped ino the Apple Raspberry slice that I really wanted to taste. I wanted to try the Strawberry Rhubarb pie, but, Joyce makes a real good one, and I would never see another one if I bought a slice from the Cafe. Ya Gotta do what ya Gotta do, I think I see a  Strawberry/Blueberry Reubarb pie coming my way soon.
Ok so, I have two berry pies, they both look a like, so we only get one picture.

I cut both pies in half, I asked Mollie to Critique the pie and let me know what she thought. THis is her evaluation and taste test of the pie. This isn't bad for an 11 yr old, she ate the pie, came into my office and said, Papa, the filling was real tasty and yummy, the crust was GREAT, BUT, there wasn't enough crust to match the pie. she said she had to take the end crust and dip it into the filling. I was smiling during her presentation because, I felt the same way about the pie, the crust was good,but, to thin and not enough to match the amount of filling in the pie. All in all, the pies are good, I wish I didn't lose the Apple Raspberry Pie because I was left with two slices of very close tasting pie. I would stop here again, well, I know I'm going to stop here agin, I own My Chips a slice of pie.......

for all the kind words, and joining us on our trip to Portland and the Oregon Coast. I wish you all good health and happiness.

post edited by pnwchef - 2012/08/22 20:43:10
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
Re:Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast 2012/08/22 22:36:04 (permalink)
A truly marvelous report.  I've enjoyed reading it  and I'm sorry it's over,I'll collect on that pie slice in the future. 
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10266
Re:Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast 2012/08/23 01:15:08 (permalink)
And the Oscar for New Automated Graphic Designs goes to-------PNWCHEF!!!!! 
A Stellar Report in every way!
Ain't nothing better than a great relationship with Grandkids!!
Afterall, you know why grandkids & grandparents get along so well??
They have a common enemy!!
Ralph Melton
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 896
Re:Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast 2012/08/23 09:39:44 (permalink)
That's a very fine pie picture.
Root-Beer Man
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 381
Re:Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast 2012/08/23 18:51:28 (permalink)
It was almost like being there! Loved this report. My wife was recently in Portland and Seattle and loved it. Now I can see why.
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8365
Re:Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast 2012/08/24 08:36:32 (permalink)
You have had wonderful travels to share-thanks! Really enjoyed following you and your family around!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18454
Re:Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast 2012/08/24 11:56:35 (permalink)
Outstanding! Thanks Bill.
pnwchef
Re:Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast 2012/08/24 20:36:20 (permalink)
mr chips: Maybe a few slices, it's hard to critique just one..I would have tried a cream pie,but, I had to travel 170 miles down the road.
Foodbme: Thanks
Ralph Melton: The picture matched the pie
ann peeples: Thanks Ann, it's always nice having you spend time with our family.
Michael Hoffman: Back at yah Michael. 
 Root-Beer Man: Next time you will have to join your wife in the Pacific Northwest.

post edited by pnwchef - 2012/08/24 20:38:53
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1