Trip to Shady Maple smorgasboard

Author
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5416
2007/09/09 09:49:21 (permalink)

Trip to Shady Maple smorgasboard

Saturday, yesterday, I had gone to Harrisburg, Pa for a gun show. I had read here about Shady Maple and the mixed reviews. But it sounded good to me. So I decided to go there for dinner. That was a mistake.

The place is out in the country, in some very pretty Pa farm country, and I got to see an Amish woman driving a horse drawn buggy.

Shady Maple itself is HUGE. It is definetely a tourist trap/magnet. They were busing people in. When I saw this I should have turned around and found somewhere else to eat.

The food was good but it was all mass produced commercial fare that you can get almost anywhere. The fried chicken was bland, the honey ham and the roast brisket were dry.

The item I liked best was their version of a Philly cheese steak with. That is pretty sorry to say.

No pictures, why bother?

Oh well, I had a good day overall and I like the drive out in the farmland.

MikeS.

2 Replies Related Threads

RibRater
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1862
    RE: Trip to Shady Maple smorgasboard 2007/09/09 11:19:33 (permalink)
    Mike, I saw smorgasboard and immediately thought you had visited the same place as Alton on the show last night. Man was that some good looking food he was eating.

But, nothing beats a ride in the country (except a ride in the country and a GOOD meal )

mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Trip to Shady Maple smorgasboard 2007/09/09 11:26:29 (permalink)
    Sorry the food was not good. But it is always cool to see Amish wagons.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1