The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Twin Trees

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
Twin Trees Mon, 08/22/05 10:34 AM (permalink)
Spent the week visiting friends in the Syracuse, NY area.

Of course, I spent the week grabbing as much local food as possible including Hofmann Hotdogs and coneys, Finger Lake wine, salt potatoes, and NY pizza.

But, I completely forgot about the pizza at Twin Trees. It's not thin like NY nor thick like Chicago, but the dough, the cheese, the sauce and the fresh toppings are all scrumptous.
Had I had my digital camera I would've posted a review.
The bottom of the dough was crisp, the rest was soft and al dente (I know that's a pasta term, but that's the best I can do), the sauce was full of tangy, sweet and properly spiced flavors, and the cheese was gooey but not too gooey. I'm guessing the sausage on top was another local Syracuse favorite, Gianelli, which is a fantastic sausage by itself, on a bun, or in this case, on top of a pizza. The mushrooms were well cooked, but not slimey.
I have mentioned the great pizza in the NY/NJ region and the great copy-cat places in upstate NY including the independent NY Pizzarias. But I beg of you all to believe me when I tell you that Twin Trees makes a great pie! I was pleasantly reminded on this past trip.

For the record: I actually went to Twin Trees Too, 1029 Milton Ave., Syracuse (the 2nd location, the original is on Avery St.)

Another good slice of pizza pizza that week was at:
Gino & Joe's Pizza
5009 State Route 31 , Cicero, NY 13039
~Liverpool location is now closed :0( and is another pizzaria. I didn't try the new place however.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com