U. S. Egg - In the Valley of the Sun

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10352
2012/05/12 05:31:18 (permalink)

U. S. Egg - In the Valley of the Sun

The U.S. Egg is a family owned and operated breakfast & lunch restaurant with locations in Scottsdale, Tempe, North Phoenix and Chandler, AZ since 1991.
The food is EGGceptional!
They serve a wide variety of Breakfast items including Omelettes with a wide variety of filings and combos. 3 different Benedicts, 6 different kinds of pancakes, Chicken & Waffles, various fruit topped Belgium Waffles and speciality Southwestern dishes like an AZ Frittata, The Border - An open faced omelette with spicy chorizo, onions, monterey jack & cheddar cheese, topped with sour cream & a side of salsa. Served with a warm flour tortilla. They have Huevos Rancheros and many others. Idaho Hot Skillets - Your own skillet of potatoes, thickly layered with your favorite choice of items. Sprinkled with melted cheese then topped with two eggs, cooked any style & an english muffin.
The Lunch menu also has a nice variety. 
A Half lb. Black Angus Burger with a wide variety of toppings is good along with about 15 other interesting sandwiches. Orders come with fries and slaw. they have a nice group of Gourmet Salads and all dressing is served on the side for you dieters. They have a variety of dishes under the heading of "Proteins". One of them is The Dan Majerle's Favorite - A three egg omelette filled with a medley of chicken, bacon, avocado & jack cheese served with fresh tomatoes. 
The food and service is very good and I heartily recommend it.
http://www.useggrestaurant.com/
post edited by Foodbme - 2012/05/12 05:34:28

4 Replies Related Threads

JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2765
    Re:U. S. Egg - In the Valley of the Sun 2012/05/12 09:51:57 (permalink)
    Pie Diva and I had breakfast at U.S. Egg in April and both enjoyed the food.  We shared a protein waffle and a meaty omelet, both were really good.  The staff & atmosphere were so nice that we forgot that we were in Snotsville.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18855
    Re:U. S. Egg - In the Valley of the Sun 2012/05/12 10:27:04 (permalink)
    I had breakfast at the Scottsdale store last June and thought it overpriced and underfooded. I had the chicken fried steak and eggs, and I was amazed at how small the meat serving was.
    JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2765
    Re:U. S. Egg - In the Valley of the Sun 2012/05/12 10:39:23 (permalink)
    They can tell the tourists before they even get to the door.

Foodbme - We'll keep the Phoenician's CFS Secret secret.   Right brother?
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18855
    Re:U. S. Egg - In the Valley of the Sun 2012/05/12 11:17:27 (permalink)
    I wasn't a tourist. I was visiting my daughter. I did like the Good Egg in Scottsdale, which I recently learned was an Arizona chain. Their corned beef hash and eggs were excellent. I had a terrific breakfast at a Five and Diner, also a small chain. The chicken fried steak, eggs and hash browns there was fantastic, and there was enough food in the plate to feed an army.
    post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2012/05/12 11:19:37
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1