Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL

Author
SassyGritsAL
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1089
2007/08/02 11:29:16 (permalink)

Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL

I spent 4 days last week in PCB, FL. The beach was beautiful and the motel where I stayed was very nice. I took my son, his wife, and my 2 grandkids (both girls, ages 10 and 8). We did the usual eating in the motel for breakfast and lunch (to save money) and going out at night for dinner. I wish I had pictures but hope to do this in the future.

Wednesday Night - The girls were all hopped up to go to the Treasure Ship Restaurant which is a replica of an old pirate ship. Since we all love crab legs we decided to eat at Capt. Crabby's on the 3rd level (they have 3 restaurants). The Treasure Ship is located on Thomas Drive.

All five of us choose the all you can eat steamed seafood feast. You get Clam Chowder, House Salad, Snow Crab Legs, Steamed Shrimp, Cajun Sausage, Boiled Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, and Rolls.

This was a great meal. I only took a few bites of the chowder, a few bites of the salad (only because I was holding out for the crab legs and shrimp). The waitress brought us all out a giant platter each and the crab legs were probably some of the best I have even eaten. They were huge, easy to crack, very meaty and delicious. The shrimp were large and peel 'n eat. We all had our first platter and then when the next platter came were tried to plow through, but before we could eat the rest of the crab legs we were all stuffed. The girls (who seem to never get their fill of crab legs had to call it quits too).

The cost was $29.00 per adult and $10 for children. This turned out to be our most expensive meal, but in our opinion, the best.

Thrusday Night - After another fun day at the beach we went to Montego Bay. They have 2 locations in PC. We went to the one closest to our hotel which was on Front Beach Road, in a strip mall, called The Shoppes at Edgewater.

My son ordered as his meal a great appatizer called the Classic Combo (price $11.99). He got San Tropique Coconut Shrip, Chicken Wings, Cheese Sticks, Chicken Fingers, Gator Bites, Fried Pickles and Onion Straws. This platter was huge and he said it was very good. I ordered the Coconut Fried Shrimp and Fried Dill Pickles. The shrimp was very good but I didn't care for the dipping sauce. It was a mango/pineapple sauce but tasted too much like mayo. The fried dill pickles were good. My dauther-in-law ordered a side calad and crab cakes. She said the crab crakes were very good. The girls got corn dogs and chicken fingers (the usual fair for kids). The prices here was reasonable for PC (under $60 for five).

Friday Night - after another sunny day at the beach and a wild ride on the "Sea Screamer" which took us out in the Gulf to view dolphins. My son got sea sick so us girls went shopping. After getting a late start for dinner we decided to go back to the strip mall and ate at a Mexician restaurant (I can't remember the name). The food was OK. I just ate 2 tacos and refried beans. Nothing special here. They also had a small restaurant at the mall that was called "Chicago Dogs" and we were all geered up to eat there, but they had closed at 5:30.

Saturday Night - our last full day in PC. The weather was absolutely beautiful and a nice breeze off the ocean.

We had noticed a new restaurant that had just opened up called The Fish Boat and they advertised that they served fresh fish. This restaurant was again close to the motel (the traffic up and down the strip was bumper to bumper every night). Very nice atmosphere in side. I ordered fried shrimp w/fresh cut fries. The shrimp were nicely battered and huge. I really enjoyed the taste of them. The fries were outstanding. Very crunchy and soft inside. My daughter-in-law order Maui-Maui which was battered in a cajun beer batter crust and she said it was very good too. The girls shared a huge platter of cheese fries and they did not even make a dent in it. The meal for five was under $50 (again good for beach prices).

All in all, we were all pleased with what we ate and the quantity and quality of the food.

6 Replies Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13480
    RE: Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL 2007/08/02 11:58:42 (permalink)
    I really like Panama City and the beaches are the prettiest in Florida. I love the white sand and clear water. I was on the pier the last time I was there and saw numerous manta rays swimming around. Folks were catching fish almost by the minute.

Sounds like you had a very good culinary adventure.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    SassyGritsAL
    • Total Posts : 1089
    RE: Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL 2007/08/02 16:03:05 (permalink)
    Sundancer, I agree w/you about the beaches. We were lucky in that the motel where I stayed on one side of us was a closed up hotel, and the other side had a row of beach houses so the part of the beach where we were was not crowded at all. The motel,at night, had very bright lights that light up the beach and we were able to sit out on the beach at night and enjoy the night surf sounds and played volleyball.

I have been going to PC for years and am amazed and disappointed to see all the new high rises that have sprung up and are still being constructed. Most of the older motels/hotels are closed, have been demolished, and are very run down. Still, you can't beat the beautiful white sand beach.
    iqdiva
    • Total Posts : 1491
    RE: Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL 2007/08/02 16:49:46 (permalink)
    SassyGritsAL...You missed going to Captain Anderson's...
    iqdiva
    RE: Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL 2007/08/02 16:58:09 (permalink)
    I've always lived 80 miles from Panama City,Florida...When my husband & I were children and teenagers,you could park and just visit the beach...But with all the high rises that has disappeared...My husband learned to walk on the beach at PC...We spent wonderful times when we were young going to "PC beach"...
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6382
    RE: Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL 2007/08/02 20:52:39 (permalink)
    Capt Anderson's

Great place to go fishing from, but I had a bad food experience there

IQ & Sassy you all need to come East and really enjoy the beach.

Head to Mexico Beach on 35 minutes from PCB East on 98

miles of white sands, and lots less people than at PCB.

I am headed to Mexico Beach, on the 19th

I love the PC/MB area

iqdiva
    RE: Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL 2007/08/02 21:06:19 (permalink)
    While I like the food at Anderson's,two things that I have been uncomfortable with in the past have been the rushing by the waitresses of the customers to vacate the table as soon as they are finished with their meals and the high prices...My husband & I really prefer to eat at McLin's in Daleville,Al.& Hunt's here in Dothan...
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1