Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL

Author
SassyGritsAL
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1089
2010/05/05 18:40:00 (permalink)

Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL

Went to PCB, FL, week before last for six days w/three other lady friends. We ate at some toursity places and some that were not. The weather was beautiful except for one day and some minor car trouble (no headlights, no interior lights and no power door locks so we had to limit going out late at night). We had breakfast and lunch at the condo so we could enjoy the sun, beach and relaxation. We also ate dinner in a few times as to save money. Here is where we ate:

Margaritaville - located in front of the new Pier Point shopping complex on Front Beach Road. Pier Point is an open shopping area w/a lot of restaurants and shops. Across the street is the newly opened pier.

I ordered the Cheeseburger in Paradise and what I liked about it was that I could order it how I wanted it cooked (med. rare). The cheeseburger was big, juicy and very tasty. It came w/fries that were so/so. The burger is less than $10 and well worth it. I love the atmosphere of Margaritaville w/the Jimmy Buffet music and the big screens w/him playing at concerts. The big airplane hanging on the wall shoots out smoke and then a giant shaker of salt w/a disco ball drops down. Fun to watch and fun for kids.

Pineapple Willy's - located on Thomas Drive - They are known for their ribs basted w/Jack Daniel's sauce. You get a beach bucket full of ribs w/pineapple coleslaw (yummy), baked beans and Texas Toast for under $20. We also had two orders of hushpuppies and they were very good. The ribs are good and meaty and very plentiful. We all ordered ribs and we had so many left over that we ate off them for two days for lunch. I have only even eaten the ribs at Pineapple Willy's so can't tell you about the other offerings.

Mike's Restaurant - Located on Front Beach Road across the street from the condo where I stayed. They are a local "Meat and Three" place. They offer seafood, chicken, chicken livers, veggies and appetizers plus they are open for breakfast too. I ordered an appetizer of fried green tomatoes and they were delicious. Probably some of the best I have had. They weren't greasy and very tasty. I had the fried shrimp w/coleslaw and mac and cheese. The shrimp was not overly battered and fried lightly. Another meal for around $10. One of my friends had the chicken livers and said they were very good.

The Treasure Ship - located on Thomas Drive - The outside is a replica of a old ship and is located on the bay where the shrimp and fishing boats dock. You can eat inside or out and there are three levels. The upper level where they serve all you can eat crab legs wasn't yet opened for the season. We decided to eat on the lower level which is a bar/restaurant. I have eaten here before and it is OK but this is where everyone else wanted to go. I ordered the coconut fried shrimp w/comes with a mango salsa dip. The shrimp were large, lightly battered and fried but not much of a coconut taste. I also ordered a baked potato and it was good. This meal was only about $12. One of my friends ordered the regular fried shrimp w/blackened talipia and said it was very good. Another ordered the cuban sandwich and liked it very well as this was her first cuban sandwich.

Salty Sally's - A new restaurant located on Back Beach Road less than a mile from the condo. This is now my new favorite restaurant in PCB. Great atmosphere and good food w/reasonable prices for the beach. They specialize in oysters, seafood, and barbecue. Having had shrimp two days in a row I ordered a NY strip steak and it was absolutely one of the best steaks I've had in a long time. I ordered it med. rare and it was lightly seasoned and cooked to perfection. One of the sides that came w/it was something they called baked potato bites but were very small new round potatoes boiled then covered in butter sauce. They were melt-in-your mouth delicious. Two of my friends ordered the fried oysters and deemed them outstanding. Another ordered the barbecue sandwich and said the sauce on it was very good and the sandwich very good.

Yet another week at the beach w/good friends, good food, great beach and very much needed relaxation. Hope to go again in July w/the grandgirls.

3 Replies Related Threads

Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3752
    Re:Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL 2010/05/05 18:48:41 (permalink)
    Nice report.......sounds like you  ate welland had a great time!
    post edited by Greymo - 2010/05/05 18:49:50
    Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3778
    Re:Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL 2010/05/05 19:32:55 (permalink)
    Oh, a good Cuban sandwich is to die for!  Sounds like a lovely trip!
    DirtDude
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 161
    Re:Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL 2010/05/07 22:25:04 (permalink)
    Nancypalooza

Oh, a good Cuban sandwich is to die for!  Sounds like a lovely trip!

I second that. I had a poor knockoff in Florence today.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1