Velveeta Cheese

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1961
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 15:58:18 (permalink)
My name is Todd and I like Velveeta too!!

Nothing melts like Velveeta, but as an earlier poster mentioned,,,,,Velveeta on a cracker.....not so great.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 16:03:23 (permalink)
Queso dip without Velveeta is like a maple bar without maple icing.

What I want to know is, how can the poster "essvee" post something and have their post count remain at zero?
Wintem01
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 205
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 16:36:30 (permalink)
Wondered the same about the post count...not that it matters really.

I also make the "Party rye pizzas" I can't go to some functions without them.

LJM
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 52
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 16:44:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by LuckyLabrador

Does anyone use this awful stuff for anything except nachos or mac? Lord it makes my skin crawl, a nice cracker with a hunk of Velveeta on it, pass.

When I was a kid, we used to use it for bait when we went fishing. The catfish loved the stuff!
LJM
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 52
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 16:47:17 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by LuckyLabrador

Does anyone use this awful stuff for anything except nachos or mac? Lord it makes my skin crawl, a nice cracker with a hunk of Velveeta on it, pass.

When I was a kid we used to use it for bait when we went fishing. The catfish loved it!
BigGlenn
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 461
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 16:49:29 (permalink)
OK Now that's it! I have tolerated the unspeakable on this site over the many years but this one I
can not accept. Velveeta is.....Excuse me......"I am Glenn. I Like Velveeta Too!" (everybody say
Hi Glenn) Velveeta is Cheese. Next you are going to tell me Spam ain't meat. You want a "Real"
Sandwich.

Pan fry a few pieces of Spam to a rich golden brown.
Lightly spread 2 pieces of bread on the inside with some Miracle Whip.
Place the Spam and some Velveeta cheese in between the bread.
Now lightly spread some margarine on the out side of the bread and toast in a hot skillet.
Oh and some Pringles on the side........

There Ya Go. Grilled Spam and Velveeta.

What? Pringles are not Potato Chips you say, They are "Potato Crisps" Is there any thing
real any more.

Sorry, I have to go and watch me some Wrestling at least that’s
real!

Barney
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 115
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 17:04:12 (permalink)
Yes, my name is Judy and I like some Mexican velveeta mixed with a can of Rotel tomatoes when I'm in the mood for some mexican munchies...it's my favorite with some Fritos scoops! Mexican velveeta is harder to find than regular but it is so worth it!!! Barney
LuckyLabrador
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 583
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 17:24:35 (permalink)
My name is Lucky and I just got my 50 year key for being clean and Velveeta free. I had it once when I was 11, damn!
trolasater
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 71
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 17:28:07 (permalink)
"...Know you of Velveeta - the Chesse that Cannot Die?.."
from the Harvard Lampoon version of Dune

One of our local supermarkets (Winn Dixie?) before Christmas would set a whole pallet of Velveeta "bricks" out in the aisle - no refrigeration at all for weeks. It didn't seem to affect it any.
LuckyLabrador
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 583
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 17:42:12 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by trolasater

"...Know you of Velveeta - the Chesse that Cannot Die?.."
from the Harvard Lampoon version of Dune

One of our local supermarkets (Winn Dixie?) before Christmas would set a whole pallet of Velveeta "bricks" out in the aisle - no refrigeration at all for weeks. It didn't seem to affect it any.

I'll bet it is the exact same pallet they set out every year!
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 17:42:48 (permalink)
Velveeta and Rotel Dip is an institution around here in Ok and Texas----i first tried it when it was offered to me by Dottie Baker-(ex wife of Bobby Baker--remember him--the old crony of LBJ that got into that big Texas fertilzer scandle)--she loved it--and soon ,so did I---its the only recipe use for velveeta that i use--killer comfort food!
Pat T Hat
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 968
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 17:51:11 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Nancypalooza

You know what else it's good in? Grits. .

It sure is!

Velveeta...The cheese that bound the south!

It can sometime help save a cheese dish where your sauce is starting to break.
It's not perfect but in a pinch it can work.

the grillman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 624
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 17:58:51 (permalink)
I think it’s nasty cheese, but in an ingredient in our family’s tuna noodle casserole, it’s an essential.
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3710
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 18:06:00 (permalink)
I hate to admit this but I do have a recipe that calls for one pound of Velveeta (I refuse to call it cheese) and it is an appetizer called "Hanky Panks".

It comsists of one pound of hot sausage and one pound of pork sausage cooked with oregano and garlic powder, drained and then one pound of Velveeta stirred into it and spread on party rye bread and baked. This is great as you can put the topping on the rye and freeze it and then get some out on a moment's notice and you have something quick to serve with before dinner drinks.
Scarlett
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 402
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 18:11:15 (permalink)
Love the stuff. It's great in hot dips and it doesn't get oily and stringy the way 'cheese' does. Or maybe it's just so good it doesn't last long enough to get oily and stringy.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13473
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 18:11:27 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Greymo

I hate to admit this but I do have a recipe that calls for one pound of Velveeta (I refuse to call it cheese) and it is an appetizer called "Hanky Panks".

It comsists of one pound of hot sausage and one pound of pork sausage cooked with oregano and garlic powder, drained and then one pound of Velveeta stirred into it and spread on party rye bread and baked. This is great as you can put the topping on the rye and freeze it and then get some out on a moment's notice and you have something quick to serve with before dinner drinks.

Why do you hate to admit it???

It is an ingredient that can be used for many things as indicated above. Perhaps it is not cheese but to many, it taste good. If it was not so good, they would not sell it.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 18:57:40 (permalink)
My mother busted me in the corner of the kitchen as a two year old....I had found an unwrapped box of Velveeta in the fridge and had almost finished the whole block when she caught me...I still remember some blue writing on the foil wrapper...My other claim to fame was eating a full pound of bacon that was "resting" on the stove top....my uncle caught me just after I finished...."Gee, the kid sure likes bacon".
Twinwillow
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5044
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 19:07:00 (permalink)
My friends consider me a notorius "food snob". However, I love Velveeta AND, American cheese!
After all, other than cream cheese and pot cheese (a cottage cheese) what other cheese could you describe as being a,
"comfort food"?
drummagick
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 169
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 19:09:18 (permalink)
The first grilled cheese sammich I ever had, when I was maybe 4 and made for me by my father's sister, was made with Velveeta and it's been my favorite for grilled cheese sammiches ever since. Same for my kids. They also like it on cheeseburgers.
Their father gets Tillamook cheddar.

Would I eat it on a cracker? Hell no!

It is great for that con queso dip stuff though.
Poverty Pete
  • Total Posts : 2293
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 19:14:32 (permalink)
Extrasharp white cheddar and Triscuits...now THAT'S comfort food!
Ashphalt
  • Total Posts : 1644
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 19:18:17 (permalink)
"My dog loves it as I use it every day to give her a pill that is required. I insert the pill in a small chuck of velveeta and she immediately ingest the pill. She will not take it without it.

Paul E. Smith
knoxville, TN"

Mr. Sundancer, I hope those aren't pills you're giving the sweet doggie for constipation.

"the ONLY way so far I have found that I do not like it is FUDGE."

Looks to me as though Kraft is trying to substitute Velveeta Processed Cheese Food for Marshmallow Fluff. Do they offer a Velv-a-nutter sandwich.

Also, this recipe sounds very 50s to me. Something you'd eat just before you ran out of the fallout shelter.

Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3710
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 19:20:08 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7

quote:

It is an ingredient that can be used for many things as indicated above. Perhaps it is not cheese but to many, it taste good. If it was not so good, they would not sell it.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Dear Paul,

This is why!

Ingredients: MILK, WATER, MILKFAT, WHEY, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ALGINATE, SODIUM CITRATE, APOCAROTENAL (COLOR), ANNATTO (COLOR), ENZYMES, CHEESE CULTURE.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18255
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 19:27:51 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Dear Paul,

This is why!

Ingredients: MILK, WATER, MILKFAT, WHEY, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ALGINATE, SODIUM CITRATE, APOCAROTENAL (COLOR), ANNATTO (COLOR), ENZYMES, CHEESE CULTURE.

Ah, no wonder I like it.There's nothing aswonderful as grated Velveeta over Franco American Spaghetti.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13473
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 20:20:05 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Dear Paul,

This is why!

Pleae, no disrepect intended but how do I interpert all these ingredients?

Quite frankly from my point of view only, Velveeta taste pretty good to me. The ingredients my be lethal? I do not know but so is my Canadian libations.

Velveeta is only an ingredient that I use for certain things. Obviously it is not poisionous or it would be off the market.

If I enjoy it, what the heck.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
desertdog
  • Total Posts : 1946
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 20:33:39 (permalink)

I'm with you Paul. Heck....Milk, Water, Whey Protein, these main ingredients are considered Health Food in most nutrition circles!

I can see how it can be looked down upon by the Cheese Purists, however. I mean, What wine would you pair with Velvetta, anyway?

DD

Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3778
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 20:37:22 (permalink)
quote:

Does it call for a laxative chaser?

What . . . somebody had to say it. Velveeta: the Big Red Light of your Colon
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18255
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 20:39:21 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by desertdog

I mean, What wine would you pair with Velvetta, anyway?

DD

Thunderbird.
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8317
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 20:40:56 (permalink)
I must admit to using Velveeta...nachos for a crowd, on burgers. Cold, it is nothing to be consumed.
desertdog
  • Total Posts : 1946
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 21:22:57 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:
Originally posted by desertdog

I mean, What wine would you pair with Velvetta, anyway?

DD

Thunderbird.

I was waiting for someone to say it. Cheers Mr. Hoffman.

jzwagar
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 41
RE: Velveeta Cheese 2007/11/01 21:33:36 (permalink)
As a young college student, fresh out of the Army, I cooked omelets for a girl I'd had a single date with and one of her friends. As I remember it (some 30 years later), it was ham, sauteed onions, green peppers, mushrooms and Velveeta. I got rave reviews from the two of them, and I learned a very valuable lesson...women can't resist a man who will cook for them, and I wasn't about to mess with success. As long as I was single there was a block of Velveeta in my refrigerator! Alas, tonight I have Baby Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, Provolone and Parmesan, but no Velveeta...and there's a ring on my finger! No shame in cooking with a wide variety of ingredients!
Jon
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1